Hi,

I am setting up a text-paging system for my fire department. its a simple program (not mine) that sends a small mp3 of the recorded fire page to a cell phone through mms text. So if you forgot your pager or in a bad location you get a text with the call attached. It works fantastic for Telus but I can't get rogers to work (other peoples phones).

I have tried the following numbers.

number mms . rogers. com (never shows up)
    number sms .rogers. com (shows up no attachment)
    number pcs .rogers. com (never shows up)

also all of the above with a 1number (just in case)

Like I said it works great with Telus using number mms. telusmobility . com. I need the Bell mms email format too.... have started that yet.

Any ideas would be a great help. the one person I am trying to get working is using a Q10 right now.

Thanks for your time
    09-08-14 03:10 PM
    Try number@mms.gprs.rogers.com
    Last edited by serbanescu; 09-08-14 at 03:46 PM.
    09-08-14 03:15 PM
    Too bad bbm doesn't allow sharing files with multiple people..
    Otherwise I'd suggest using a bbm group or multiperson chat instead. My mms messages are usually pretty delayed

Hmm..
    You could use mega, upload the file to mega and share the link in the bbm group

But on topic: try getting one of your Rogers people to send a text message to an email address and see what address it comes from. I think 4161111111@pcs.rogers.com should be the right format, but I can't confirm that
    09-08-14 03:38 PM
    great thanks for the help guys. I will try these suggestions out. see what happens.

my only issues with the BBM thing is we will have 20-30 people and they all use different types of phones and carriers. Most people get email to their phones too but the delay is about 3m or more.

At this point its frustrating me that it works on Telus of all carriers and I cant get it going with rogers. still looking for the bell mms one too.

Note: we are not relying on this system. we have pagers, its more of a backup or FYI in case you missed hearing the call.
    Last edited by sixacross; 09-09-14 at 10:56 AM.
    09-09-14 10:36 AM
    great thanks for the help guys. I will try these suggestions out. see what happens.
    Keep us posted.
    09-09-14 10:37 AM