Hi,

Just bought my new Q10 last night. I have read through the other threads about ringtones, and to be honest they still don't answer my question.

On my old BB Bold, I could go to VZW Ringtones, and search music by artist or title, then choose to purchase it either as a ringtone or ringback tone. Usually 99 cents per ringtone.

For instance, I could search "Blondie" "Call Me" and then download it as a ringtone. Then go into my BB and set as ringtone.

This new Q10, I cannot find an app in BB world or anywhere else on the phone to download music as a ringtone. Other threats have recommended "Office Ringtones" which I just spent 99 cents on, but this is just a bunch of stupid preset ringtones, not MUSIC THAT I CHOOSE.

There is a way to download full songs, for listening too, but I don't want that, I just want the short versions that are already set to be used as ringtones.

Please, how do I do this? Where do I go? Where do I look? I don't want to be told about another app that is just a bunch of preset sounds.
    02-23-14 09:34 AM
    Try places like this.
    02-23-14 09:42 AM
    02-23-14 11:47 AM
    You can try phonezoo.com but be fast, they're shutting down on 2/24!
    02-23-14 11:48 AM
    Or just edit the mp3 of the full song to the ringtone you want and copy it onto your phone... That's what I do. Why pay the same price for a full song for a 30 second clip of one??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-23-14 12:14 PM
    Ok I apologize if this is a dumb question but how do you copy a song to my phone? I searched and all the tutorials are for old BBs. Also, most threads say iTunes songs are not compatible with BB so how would I convert it? I have no idea how to get songs onto my Q10! Thank you so much!
    06-05-14 09:37 PM
    Ok I apologize if this is a dumb question but how do you copy a song to my phone? I searched and all the tutorials are for old BBs. Also, most threads say iTunes songs are not compatible with BB so how would I convert it? I have no idea how to get songs onto my Q10! Thank you so much!
    You plug it in, and drag and drop.

Don't use iTunes.

Welcome... to the world of TOMORROW!
    06-05-14 10:15 PM
    thank you, LOL. I know, I am really not tech savvy. Now...to find the cord that came with my phone.
    06-06-14 09:52 PM
    Also, can you suggest a place to download and get an mp3 that I want, since I should not use iTunes?
    06-06-14 09:54 PM
    You can check out websites like band camp and sound cloud which allow you to pay for and download drm free music.

Actually, you might have luck finding ring tones there.

Otherwise, try YouTube. There are ways to get music out of it.

06-06-14 10:54 PM
    OK, I converted a song to mp3, and found the cord, hooked my Q10 to my mac, and *successfully* downloaded the song from my laptop to my phone. I say that because it processed and then showed up in the "music" folder of the phone. Now that I did all of that, I cannot find the song anywhere on the phone. It's not under music, or files, and when I do a search on the phone, it cannot find it. Ugh, I am getting so frustrated with this.....where did my song go?
    06-07-14 12:21 AM
    It should show up. Check your file manager, in either the root of your device or media card folders.

I don't use macs, because of things like this. Nothing is ever simple on a mac

06-07-14 01:16 AM
    So howcome my Q10 doesn't appear on my desktop? I'm using a mac and can't drag and drop.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    06-07-14 02:37 AM
    I found when I download songs from BBW, I can select those songs and use them as a ringtone and listen to the song. Maybe that would be easier for you.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 08:58 AM
    What I usually do when I find some new music is that I drag and drop the track from iTunes to my dropbox folder in finder. Then, I go into file manager, choose dropbox and move the file from dropbox to my music folder on my SD card. No chord, no nothing needed!
    06-07-14 09:46 AM
    I don't want the whole song though, the one I "downloaded" to my phone from my laptop (that I cannot find now) is an edited down version of the song that I want for the ringtone.
    06-07-14 11:15 AM
    I go to finder on my laptop and I don't see a dropbox folder. I don't understand what you are talking about with moving the file from dropbox to music folder on your sd card. Are you using bluetooth to do this without a cord?
    Sorry everyone, BB has just made this so difficult, to get music over to the phone from my laptop.

Why can't BB just offer VZTONES on the Q10? Would solve this problem. My old BB tour had it, why didn't they make it for Q10!?!?!?!
    06-07-14 11:18 AM
    It's not Blackberry's fault. It's Verizon's for not offering the service.

Not to mention it's also the fact that you're using a mac.

redsaph likes this.
    06-07-14 12:58 PM
    I go to finder on my laptop and I don't see a dropbox folder. I don't understand what you are talking about with moving the file from dropbox to music folder on your sd card. Are you using bluetooth to do this without a cord?
    Sorry everyone, BB has just made this so difficult, to get music over to the phone from my laptop.

Why can't BB just offer VZTONES on the Q10? Would solve this problem. My old BB tour had it, why didn't they make it for Q10!?!?!?!
    You need to have dropbox installed on your mac. And it is really simple. Just because you dont know how to do a simple task, doesnt mean that it is difficult.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    redsaph likes this.
    06-07-14 01:06 PM
    I've used this app to help download, since I went BB10:

Check out Download manager in BlackBerry World! You can find it at Download manager - BlackBerry World
    06-08-14 02:09 AM