Since upgrading my q10's OS the volume of my Ringtone has dropped so low as to make me miss calls

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    02-21-15 02:19 PM
    mine has done the same too. i have even turned it way up and its still low
    lift likes this.
    02-21-15 02:32 PM
    Thanks for the reply and without sounding bad I'm glad it's not only me that's experiencing the problem

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:10 PM
    Thanks for the reply and without sounding bad I'm glad it's not only me that's experiencing the problem

Posted via CB10
    You are not alone ! sheise !

And welcome to the forking club !
    02-21-15 04:31 PM
    My son's z10 is the same. I pushed the bottom chin and it's back to normal

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 04:33 PM
    I am sitting with my Q10 less than two feet away from me, yet I could barely hear the ringer when a c0all came in moments ago.

Disgusted.

Posted using my Q10
    lift likes this.
    02-21-15 07:20 PM
    I saw this post from mawil1013 yesterday in the BlackBerry 10 OS forum:

Some are finding volume notifications too low after getting new update of 10.3.1 and it might be caused by this, Go to 'System Settings' > 'Main Volume' > 'Always Adjust Media Volume' (Make sure it is turned ON)

If 'Always Adjust Media Volume' is turned off, every time you lower the volume when playing music for example, it will also lower the Notifications volume until one or the other is increased.

Then go to 'Notifications' and slide Active profile sound bar all the way to the right. And set to Normal.

Last edited by mawil1013; Today at 08:02 AM.
    02-21-15 07:32 PM

Some are finding volume notifications too low after getting new update of 10.3.1 and it might be caused by this, Go to 'System Settings' > 'Main Volume' > 'Always Adjust Media Volume' (Make sure it is turned ON)

If 'Always Adjust Media Volume' is turned off, every time you lower the volume when playing music for example, it will also lower the Notifications volume until one or the other is increased.

Then go to 'Notifications' and slide Active profile sound bar all the way to the right. And set to Normal.

This sort of 'fixes' the volume issue but BlackBerry should still work this problem out.

CB on Q10
    02-21-15 07:48 PM

Thanks. That helps a little but the volume is still not as high as 10.2.1. On 10.2.1 I had the volume set to about 75% and it was louder than 10.3.1 set to 100%. So the issue is real and BlackBerry needs to fix it.
    02-21-15 09:58 PM
    Mine too. I just adjusted the volume and it's almost maxed but I can hear it. I'm sure it will get fixed in due time.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:53 AM
    It's so low though and getting it fixed in due time isn't good enough really they should check these things out before rolling them out

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:56 AM
    Here's the same problem and the only for me since now. Hope a fix is coming soon!?
    02-22-15 05:49 AM
    Hi this is the work around http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...roblem-999727/
    02-22-15 05:57 AM
    I have the same problem. With the device sitting on a table beside me, I cannot hear the phone ring. I also can not get the email notifications to function properly. One account makes a sound (barely audible) the other account does not make a sound, no matter what I try. I regret doing this upgrade and wish I could turn it back to the much more usable and user friendly 10.2 OS.
    02-22-15 09:38 AM
    I have the same problem. With the device sitting on a table beside me, I cannot hear the phone ring. I also can not get the email notifications to function properly. One account makes a sound (barely audible) the other account does not make a sound, no matter what I try. I regret doing this upgrade and wish I could turn it back to the much more usable and user friendly 10.2 OS.
    WHAT!?!?! No Backup?

CCR
    02-22-15 10:54 AM
    I have the same problem.- phone still under warranty. If BlackBerry will not fix it by midnight, I will ask for full refund
    02-22-15 01:10 PM
    My Q10 is the same and music by internet sounds terrible, so sorry,because I don't want buttons to tune the sound, just want good music clear speech and a ringtone I can hear to take a call

Het is mij weer, Q10
    02-22-15 03:19 PM
    WHAT!?!?! No Backup?

CCR
    The only reason I have the 10.3.1 update is because while having the keyboard replaced (for the double typing issue) the display failed to work after the tech was finished the job. He gave me a new Q10 and he did the backup off my old device and then did the restore process (all four hours of it). Unfortunately, the restore process only gave the option (not really an option when one is not given a choice) to install 10.3.1 at that point the device became useless as a communication device. The bigger picture is that I use my device for work and I am in a noisy environment, so the chance of hearing the notifications or ringer is nil. This update has been anything but an improvement (as updates should be). I feel as if I would be better off with a flip phone now that Blackberry has dropped the ball and screwed the majority of people with their incompetence.
    lift likes this.
    02-22-15 04:22 PM
    I think you guys are making this overly complicated. All I did was went to Notifications>profiles: Normal>Customize App Notifications>Phone and turned up the volume. Solved the issue.
    02-23-15 09:29 AM
    I think you guys are making this overly complicated. All I did was went to Notifications>profiles: Normal>Customize App Notifications>Phone and turned up the volume. Solved the issue.
    On the Q10 that does NOT solve the issue. It helps but it is still much lower than the 10.2.1 volume. I need loud notifications on my Q10 and the new OS is much lower, even on max settings. Do you think people have not already tried what you suggested? I tried everything I could think of and it is still too low.
    02-23-15 09:55 AM
    My apologies. I have seen nothing in this thread or any other saying that this has been attempted.

Good luck and have a wonderful day!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:32 AM
    My apologies. I have seen nothing in this thread or any other saying that this has been attempted.

Good luck and have a wonderful day!

Posted via CB10
    I see in your profile that you have a Z10. The problem seems to be worse on the Q10. Maybe what you suggested was enough to fix the Z10 but it does not fix the Q10. Have a wonderful day too.
    02-23-15 03:06 PM
    its true even i'm facing the same problem.
    02-24-15 12:32 AM
    Simple download ur own loud tone like I did problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 08:16 AM
    I'm having trouble with the alarm volume. Every time it goes off- if I hit snooze- it then is lower the next time it goes off. Not good for someone who hates waking up early. I've fiddled with every volume option possible.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 10:11 AM
26 12