I allways wonder, who is the person in charge of devices development? He must be fired untill is too late.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    07-03-13 08:30 AM
    Bought it Monday. Going back tonight. Phone and texting functionality have been sporadic. I expected those items to be rock solid.

I received an update and the basic functions are working better. I think the touch screen needed to be larger. Why not make the phone the size of the 920 or s4. You would get an extra inch of touch screen and that size has proven successful. If this company stays in business the next gen might be great, but I am putting my Q10 on ebay after 2 days of ownership.
    Last edited by baimo; 07-03-13 at 07:26 PM.
    07-03-13 12:51 PM
    I absolutely love almost everything about the Q10. The problem is the email. I get all my personal email (I have a charter [local ISP] account) but my Q10 will rarely let me reply or forward email from the charter account (it gives me the error message: Protocol layer was unable to send a message). Blackberry says its aware of the problem and working on it with no target date for completion. I also cannot access my work email from the phone. Period. I can't set up work email to come to my phone because (1) the blackberry server my company has is outdated and they are not going to update because they are phasing out blackberries and going to iphones. (2) my company has disable activesync on the servers for security reasons. Both of which I would deal with and just access my work email through Outlook web server except it locks up my Q10 when I try to use it. I am able to access Outlook web server via the Galaxy S4 and the iPhone 5. For the record - I hate the removal of the "delete on handheld only" feature!!!!

I am very unhappy to have to switch but I have to have reliable personal and work email access and functionality. I hope the Q10 upgrades will fix the above mentioned issues but can't wait around to find out.
    07-03-13 02:37 PM
    Where to begin about the DISAPPOINTMENT of the Q10?? I'm a Blackberry loyalist and have had one for the past 8 years. I was the first in the AT&T store on the 21st to get my Q10 but sadly and in total frustration am returning it to go back to my Bold 9900..

The Q10's internet is blazing fast and the typing experience is awesome but the phone itself is TERRIBLE when compared to the Bold 9900 as far as productivity, ease of use and design! Here are 15 features missing and things they screwed up:

1) No speed Dials
    2) No longer able to call someone directly from their text message
    3) Unable to call a phone number directly from the browser
    4) Emails are deleted from both the phone and the mailbox automatically without the choice
    5) The ringtone and text message notifications of all old Blackberry models users are familiar with has been stripped
    6) No more Loud Notification option for Loud environments leading to missed calls, etc.
    7) If you get a text and you'r in a browser it will take you 4 swipes to be able to check an incoming text message. The hub leaves off wherever you left it doesn't reset to home
    8) The screen is half as bright as the Bold 9900 despite the pixels
    9) The speaker volume is not as loud as the Bold 9900
    10) Let's say you see a commercial for 1-800-COMPANY. There is no way to type out "COMPANY" anymore and have the corresponding # show up. You have to look at the phone app's letters corresponding with the #'S. HUGE Omissions.
    11) The hub looks really cheap. It looks just like facebook and is uncustomizable for the user to a different color
    12) The end call button is in the same location as the swipe us gesture needed to leave the phone screen and multi-task to check on an incoming text or email
    13) On the Facebook app the "T" shortcut button to take you back to the top of the news feed after looking through it has been eliminated
    14) Your next meeting always shows on your home screen with no way to hide it!! What happened to Privacy
    15) Editing and cutting and pasting text is very difficult do to the inaccuracy of the touch screen's recognition of where you are touching on your text to edit.

Posted all that out of frustration because it's obvious Blackberry doesn't give a damn about the core users who have kept it relevant at all and to warn any potential buyers to save their money and wait until maybe a software upgrade happens down the line. Blackberry has told me the earliest 10.2 will be released is September. Why invent a new platform trying to attract new users while infuriating the users who really know what a Blackberry can do??
    07-03-13 03:54 PM
    Given these and other comments, especially the one re data usage for emails when abroad, I think I will stick with the very fine 9900. Thanks.
    07-04-13 04:28 AM
    For those frustrated with missing features and lack of apps you definitely have a valid reason for returning your Q10. However, you should understand that BlackBerry has always lagged in the app department, and BB10 is still new and a work in progress. If you bought a BB10 device and expected to see all the latest apps it's your own fault for now doing a modicum of research. A lot of features missing from BB6/7 devices will come with BB10.2 when it's released. But if you're all about apps, why are you not using an iPhone or Android phone?

i have had my Q10 since sunday. i had a bold for three years before that. a year ago, i tried switching to android (tmobile did not have the iphone then) but hated it and held on to that 9700 as long as i could. my anticipation and frustration couldn't be much greater with the new Q10. i thought finally i would be able to try some of the apps that all of my friends use including instagram and vine. i can't. i assumed i would be able to get the basics like google maps (i live in LA this is kind of a necessity). i can't. i sideloaded google maps (not a techie but the instructions here were excellent) but it's not the same. i have adapted to a number of differences in the new OS. some may be considered improvements, but from what i've read i am not alone with my complaints. here are some of the features i miss from OS7...

1. custom profiles. i work on film sets so it's good to easily switch between my every day off-set profile and the ones i use on-set that silence certain actions. now i am limited to the one custom? sucks.

2. used to be able to call someone i am texting easily by pressing the green 'phone' button. of course there is no phone button now but they could include a virtual one on the texting screen no? or make a keyboard shortcut? i know, hitting the contact button and then their number isn't a big deal but it's still not ideal.

3. dialing from the contact screen. used to be able to call from the contact screen again with the green phone button. why not add a phone icon to the contact's icon rather than having to select them first and then choose to call (email etc)? i mean, my phone is a phone first. that's why i put off getting an iphone for so long. i need to make calls and i need to type...quickly and easily.

4. this is where my Q10 became a liability...today while waiting for a call, i decided to go through and delete some email that had accumulated since sunday. i would do this daily on my previous BB. little did i know, i was deleting all of my mail from the servers. w t f? i have researched this all afternoon and it seems there is no decent work around. this might be the deal breaker.

i have been telling myself that i don't need an iphone. i have been telling myself that i need to type first and foremost (on a physical keyboard). i text and email more than i talk. i text and email and talk more than i need to watch movies or instagram or any other social networking. those are my priorities. but at this point i am starting to feel left behind. the only people i know, now, that use blackberries have both a BB and an iphone. i thought the new Q10 would bridge the gap. i think now i was wrong. i am absolutely dreading using the iphone keypad, but i know i will adapt. or i will simply type less. but what a drag? blackberry you let me down.

i have another week and a half to decide whether or not to return the Q10. but i think the email management might be a dealbreaker. i don't foresee having every email i am not ready to delete cluttering up my phone. especially when i have a desktop and laptop to work from...both apple of course.

sad face.

EDIT:

more things i hate...

can't hide dirty pictures.

can't hide my next appointment from my home screen.

where is the privacy blackberry??

oh, can't set vibrate to only once. when phone rings and vibrate is on, phone vibrates continuously. annoying. had to turn it off.

EDIT2:

watched a video here on OS10.2 available in the fall? it looked like the 'properties' option was returning to photos amongst other improvements. tempted to wait it out because i do adore having a keyboard. ugh.

EDIT3: forgot to mention UMA calling. i will say this, positive, about the phone: i haven't dropped a call yet. but when i was in encino the other day, there was no signal. and there was no option to log into the home's wifi like previous blackberrys. this isn't an issue at my home, but could be another dealbreaker.

another positive, the phone feels great in hand as does the keyboard...of course. it's really the only reason i still use a BB.

EDIT4: i missed the cricket alert on my previous BB and added it to this one. now on the one contact who i set to silent, the SMS texts chirp. i have checked the contact twice and even pulled the batt. but while he is set to 'silent' his texts cause the cricket to chirp. i imagine that going back to one of the three system alert tones will solve this issue. but that brings up another issue: why only three tones per function?? i easily have more email accounts than included tones. i am not a techie. i don't know a thing about writing operating systems. but how on earth can they expect us to get by with only three very similar notification sounds per email, sms, etc function? srsly.
    jmm160 likes this.
    07-04-13 10:31 AM
    For those frustrated with missing features and lack of apps you definitely have a valid reason for returning your Q10. However, you should understand that BlackBerry has always lagged in the app department, and BB10 is still new and a work in progress. If you bought a BB10 device and expected to see all the latest apps it's your own fault for now doing a modicum of research. A lot of features missing from BB6/7 devices will come with BB10.2 when it's released. But if you're all about apps, why are you not using an iPhone or Android phone?
    When and IF these essentials become available it will be time to get a Q10. But if email while abroad requires data usage then forget it. I fear that aspect is systemic in OS10 and will never be changed. Few if any US carriers offer unlimited foreign data for sale. So the Q might be fine for the local yokels but not for us world travelers. :-). In the meantime the 9900 serves me very well indeed.
    Last edited by BlazorBoy; 07-04-13 at 11:04 AM.
    07-04-13 10:51 AM
    INTERNATIONAL BLACKBERRY USERS BE CAREFULL WITH BB10!!!!

I was so happy about my new Q10 until my first travel to Europe. I have been using blackberries for years and I travel constantly out of the country. The unlimited international email data feature is one of the main reasons why I am a blackberry user. I intensively use my emails during my travels and my only cost with T-mobile is $19.99 per month.

During my last trip to Europe, with 10 minutes of the time I turned on the phone and ONLY downloaded emails, I was charged $200, by half day it was already over $500 ; I called T-Molbile and they told me it was a mistake and they would revert that charge. The day after my data usage was over $1,100, I called T-mobile again and after an hour of call, I was told that the Unlimited international email data is not valid for 10 generation bb, only for older ones. I am still fighting to have those $1,100 refunded and as soon as I return to US I will return my Q10, go back to my old bold to use when I travel and probably buy an I-phone to be able to use the applications and the other feauters I liked of the Q10.

It is unaccetale that they do not advertise this, but I understand why they don't, otherwise a lot of people won't upgrade to this newer device! It is also a shame that international travelers have only the option of older phones if they do not want to spend thousands and thousands of data charges!!!

Now I have to stay for 10 days with no emails or spend thousands of dollars to get emails before I go back to the US.....I will turn off the data and look desperate for wireless all the time, like the iphone users do when they travel. Then why have a blackberry??
    Sorry but this fairytale is funny to me and screams "enemy advertising". I'm sure you're not here to be laughed at, but check your thinking...

You blame Blackberry for lack of a TMO service?

Interesting how people can complain about the manufacturer and they have absolutely NOTHING to do with your carrier service problem. Did you pay Blackberry $19.99 a month for this service? Did Blackberry offer this service? When you get back to the US, will you be suing Blackberry to get your money back? No.. No.. No.. so why are you upset with Blackberry. exactly?

As far as I see, from your complaint, it seems as though TMO didn't extend THEIR service to the BB Q10. That's not up to BB to decide. That's up to TMO to decide. I can appreciate your frustration but place blame where it belongs. You paid for TMO service and there's no reason you shouldn't continue to expect that service after upgrading especially if you're still paying it. The question is, why did TMO choose NOT to extend service to the Q10 or is the Z10 included? But, don't say it's the phone.

When I upgraded on AT&T, the rep let me know what services I wouldn't have anymore. Why didn't the TMO rep do that for you? Why didn't they tell you the problem when you first called instead of offering you a refund for a service you clearly paid for? I guess ol Heins put in the call to TMO right when you landed. If that's the case, I'd switch too. That damn Heins, always setting me up just before I land in a foreign country.
    07-05-13 06:38 PM
    @ RAMBO47 - What has Blackberry done to give you confidence that all the features missing from the Q10 that were on the BB OS7 will come with the 10.2 software upgrade?? Do you have information we don't have or with all due respect are you just drinking the Kool-Aid??
    07-05-13 07:06 PM
    Sorry but this fairytale is funny to me and screams "enemy advertising". I'm sure you're not here to be laughed at, but check your thinking...

You blame Blackberry for lack of a TMO service?

Interesting how people can complain about the manufacturer and they have absolutely NOTHING to do with your carrier service problem. Did you pay Blackberry $19.99 a month for this service? Did Blackberry offer this service? When you get back to the US, will you be suing Blackberry to get your money back? No.. No.. No.. so why are you upset with Blackberry. exactly?

As far as I see, from your complaint, it seems as though TMO didn't extend THEIR service to the BB Q10. That's not up to BB to decide. That's up to TMO to decide. I can appreciate your frustration but place blame where it belongs. You paid for TMO service and there's no reason you shouldn't continue to expect that service after upgrading especially if you're still paying it. The question is, why did TMO choose NOT to extend service to the Q10 or is the Z10 included? But, don't say it's the phone.
    I think you miss the point of the post to which you unkindly reply. The lesson is not that TMo has refused to extend a service but Blackberry has, how should I put it, rimmed us by changing the process by which OS10 obtains emails such that one must use data rather than the old RIM email system. Hence TMo's inability to offer the same service.

If, as i fear, this is true then this alone renders all OS10 phones inferior for those of us who travel the world. Local yokels need not be concerned.
    Giagazzo likes this.
    07-05-13 10:29 PM
    As for features and apps, wait for more software updates and it will all be fixed. I called BB support for a problem I had and they asked me what I'd like to see improve in the future updates and I told them apps and features for the OS.
    07-06-13 01:59 AM
    Returning a Q10 would be like going back to an old rotary home phone. Just give progress a chance. The software updates are coming out quickly and fixing the tiny glitches.

Posted via CB10
    that_maynard likes this.
    07-07-13 05:06 PM
    Returning a Q10 would be like going back to an old rotary home phone. Just give progress a chance. The software updates are coming out quickly and fixing the tiny glitches.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I'm saying. If you've been loyal to the BB brand for so many different generations of phones, give them your patience now. They got off to a slow start but remember it's a NEW OS, where they have to bring over some features that are on past OS, just like apps have to be re-developed for the new OS (ANY NEW OS, on ANY phone company, not just BB).
    07-07-13 05:32 PM
    I returned by BB Q10 (AT&T) after a frustrating two weeks trying to sync with my Mac and iCloud -- when I (finally) gave up using my old Bold, I switched to the iPhone, and that syncs with iCloud and with my laptop and desktop Macs and my iPad....
    To make a long story short, BB!) just doesn't sync with iCloud, and there is no reliable way to make it sync. With the most recent ATT update on July 3rd, I thought things were finally fixed...well they were not.
    -Contacts and Calendars sync once with iCloud, and then never seem to reliably sync again -- there are some sporadic calendar updates, but contacts just seem to sit there doing nothing.
    -There is no way to sync iCloud notes and reminders. So it was back to Toodledo for tasks (which worked great across all platforms) and Evernote for notes (which is horrible on the Q10 -- it doesn't sync properly between the conduit and the "reminders" app on the Q10; there is no way to accept folders from others, and there is no way to share folders to others.
    So right off the bat, the four things I most need on my Q10 - calendar, notes, contacts, and reminders - do not sync, making it unusable.
    -International calls dont work nor do texts out of the box -- it took two hours on the phone with ATT to get that somewhat resolved (adding a + in front of the number seemed to help some, but not all). This can not be done from the phone, which does not accept the + in the number. This could not be done from the desktop because the sync doesn't work. The solution was a cumbersome cut and paste method rewriting the number in notes and then copying it back into the contact.
    -There is no kindle, nor any way to sync your books from Kindle to some of the 3rd party "readers"
    -It is near impossible to correct typos without backing up to the typo and then retyping the whole sentence -- there is no easy way to "locate" the error on the touchscreen
    -Contacts can not be grouped
    -Upcoming appointment reminders can not be removed from the home screen
    -Very little customization of the screens is possible
    -The volume is too quiet for incoming calls and messages, even at the loudest settings
    -Was not recognized by my Roadster 2 in the car no matter what I did to get that bluetooth connection to work

I LOVE the keyboard and the form factor -- it feels great in your hand -- its easy to use on the go, and typing is far faster and more accurate than on my iPhone. But the other problems seem insurmountable for now.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    07-07-13 05:59 PM
    I thought iCloud was for iDevices only? Correct me if I'm wrong...
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    07-07-13 06:01 PM
    I am reverting back to my torch 9810 for the following reasons:

* The ENTER key in a text message actually sends the message rather than inserting a line break. On my 9810 Torch I had the option to set this feature. The Q10 gives no such option. How are we meant to insert a new line?!

* Deleting emails from my Q10 deletes them from my server. I no longer have the option to choose!

* Battery life is RUBBISH compared to the 9810 torch.

* Where the hell did the SOCIAL FEEDS app go???

* I can no longer directly call the person I am text messaging!

* I can no longer customise my ring tones to repeat a certain number of times etc. Instead we are stuck with whatever limited choices BB have preset.

* In the HUB, the "U" shortcut no longer works to take me to the next Unread message. WHy the hell would they delete this short cut???

TOO MANY THINGS TO MENTION

All in all I am not happy with the OS10. BB7 worked faultlessly, it held it's own against competitors (in terms of functionality, not bling bling). We waited 2 years for OS10 and all they delivered was more like an OS7-Lite.

NOT HAPPY BB!!!
    BlazorBoy, hkftl, xanadome and 2 others like this.
    07-09-13 05:34 PM

* The ENTER key in a text message actually sends the message rather than inserting a line break. On my 9810 Torch I had the option to set this feature. The Q10 gives no such option. How are we meant to insert a new line?!

* Deleting emails from my Q10 deletes them from my server. I no longer have the option to choose!

* I can no longer customise my ring tones to repeat a certain number of times etc. Instead we are stuck with whatever limited choices BB have preset.

* In the HUB, the "U" shortcut no longer works to take me to the next Unread message. WHy the hell would they delete this short cut???

All in all I am not happy with the OS10. BB7 worked faultlessly, it held it's own against competitors (in terms of functionality, not bling bling). We waited 2 years for OS10 and all they delivered was more like an OS7-Lite.

NOT HAPPY BB!!!
    You are brave to tell the truth among the fanboys. You confirm my thinking. Add to this the change email service that requires data when abroad under OS10.
    07-09-13 07:42 PM
    You are brave to tell the truth among the fanboys. You confirm my thinking. Add to this the change email service that requires data when abroad under OS10.
    I'm just telling it as it is. I've been using blackberry phones for more than 10 years now and I have never been disappointed with any new model that came out. But OS10 has taken steps backwards rather than keeping tradition and moving forward.
    I have complained directly to BB but to no surprise I got no response. They've gone off on their own tangent instead of scouring these forums to see what the real BB fans want. Not good.
    07-09-13 08:05 PM
    I'm just telling it as it is. I've been using blackberry phones for more than 10 years now and I have never been disappointed with any new model that came out. But OS10 has taken steps backwards rather than keeping tradition and moving forward.
    I have complained directly to BB but to no surprise I got no response. They've gone off on their own tangent instead of scouring these forums to see what the real BB fans want. Not good.

Well said. We are in the same boat. The 9900 is my fifth bb and I love it. As far as I can tell OS10 is ten steps backs for true bb users. A real shame for if the firm folds alla Palm I will loose the second best PIM I have ever used.
    07-09-13 08:27 PM
    Very very true. Let's just hope BlackBerry wake up and listen to their fans!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 08:54 PM
    I don't think they'll all be included in 10.2. I expect to have to wait for 10.3 for some of them. I'm hoping they'll all be included by then, or that workarounds will be found. BlackBerry has always moved glacially slow when it comes to making changes. Made sense when the operating system was known for being rock solid and 100% reliable. I'm hoping for speedier change now as BB10 is a whole new ballgame.
    07-12-13 05:50 PM

NOT HAPPY BB!!!
    Here's a pretty comprehensive list of keyboard shortcuts available now: Q10 BlackBerry Keyboard Shortcuts - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-12-13 05:53 PM
    I bought a Q10 earlier today and it's going back tomorrow for the sole reason that the camera isn't up to scratch. The photos, from both cameras, are consistently dark, have bad white balances and lack the crispness that my iPod manages to take. The best way I can describe the photos the Q10 takes is that they look like screenshots taken from a video. Crucially, the front-facing camera doesn't even have autofocus which is simply inexcusable for a phone of this price.

Software updates in the future 'may' fix the poor camera quality - but it's not going to fix the lack of autofocus on the front facing camera and that is unforgivable. I could overlook the lack of key apps - I've already sideloaded instagram and could live with the hidden buttons and so on - but the fact that this �500+ phone cannot even take nice, bright, crisp photos... unbelievable.

I have given BlackBerry a lot of patience (and money!) over the years - but this has to be where I jump ship.
    SonyainTx likes this.
    07-13-13 03:59 PM
    The only place I'm returning my Q, is to the holster that is if I ever put it down!
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-13-13 04:26 PM
    Having bought a Q10 after my Bold was water damaged I understand the gripes that are being raised....but
    Let's face the facts.
    What's been BlackBerry's most significant contribution to mobile communications - Fixed cost unlimited messaging world wide.
    What has Apple contributed - 2 year contracts and phones that can never be truly unlocked from one network.
    It's hardly surprising that mobile phone shops favour plugging Apple, Apple have helped them make money. Blackberry have provided avenues to prevent the consumer being ripped off. Problem is this doesn't pay like ripping customers with $1000 phone bills so now BlackBerry have to tow the line with those who have became rich and powerful .
    At least now in Europe between countries there's legislation on how badly you can be ripped of with roaming charges and charges are coming down. Bold 9900s are still available to buy but thers just no reason for phone vendors to want to sell them.
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-14-13 03:46 PM
282 1234 ...