[As you have noticed, on Q10 we are unable to hide item, and we are unable to password-lock any application with iLock for example.... On every previous OS and BB phone model you could hide any folder you want, and use 3rd party application to lock any bb app you want. Why they removed this options to me is shocking mistery. I am demonstrating strong protest in the name of many users who need this option to have secure phone. Regular phone lock is not enough and we dont want to have locked phone all the time. But if I give my phone to someone to use it once in a while I want to be able to LOCK my FB or Twitter account for example. Parental control is not an answer aswell...its pain in the a.. Why BB forbid 3rd party apps to have options like on every other OS is really dissapointed to me...
    PLEASE fix it!!! Let us hide icons, let us use iLOCK to lock apps we want, and give us separate email icons....or...lose some users...
    BroncoVAL and rai187 like this.
    02-26-14 02:14 PM
    I hope they don't do this. I'm not shocked.
    02-26-14 02:28 PM
    As I'm working at The Source (Radio Shack for you Americans) I get a lot of people coming for little trouble with their phones... biggest one was old people "losing" icons -_-

At the end they were just hidden but I think that option should not be there... or at least not be so easy to use.. because one misclick and you just lost your phone icon...

Could be there but somewhere in the settings way far down... not just long press the app and hide.. or something easy like that to do

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    02-26-14 02:50 PM
    [As you have noticed, on Q10 we are unable to hide item, and we are unable to password-lock any application with iLock for example.... On every previous OS and BB phone model you could hide any folder you want, and use 3rd party application to lock any bb app you want. Why they removed this options to me is shocking mistery. I am demonstrating strong protest in the name of many users who need this option to have secure phone. Regular phone lock is not enough and we dont want to have locked phone all the time. But if I give my phone to someone to use it once in a while I want to be able to LOCK my FB or Twitter account for example. Parental control is not an answer aswell...its pain in the a.. Why BB forbid 3rd party apps to have options like on every other OS is really dissapointed to me...
    PLEASE fix it!!! Let us hide icons, let us use iLOCK to lock apps we want, and give us separate email icons....or...lose some users...
    i 1000% agree with you!
    Wether Blackberry gives the opportunity to use iLock or they make a Balance app (even not a free one, i would happily pay for beeing able to use BB's Balance!).
    02-26-14 03:10 PM
    Thats because you must be ********
    02-26-14 03:36 PM
    Exactly BrancoVAL!!! Many of users hope they return to us again this neat options.
    02-26-14 03:38 PM
    There is parental controls in security. Check it out
    02-26-14 03:38 PM
    Changed the title. This isn't about security. Password protection covers that. This is about privacy.
    02-26-14 03:42 PM
    Yes, I know about parental control, but its painfull to use it and also I think it completely "turns off" apps you choose.... Then you would have to constantly turn it on and off to see if some msg arrived.... Simple locking of app of your choice would solve many people problem.....
    02-26-14 03:42 PM
    Parental controls does exactly that.
    02-26-14 04:04 PM
    Parental controls does exactly that.
    shame on me!
    i never even thought of parental control!
    i'll have a look at it!
    Thanks for the tip!
    (However, such a great option like Balance should be marketed and proposed widely, because its presentation was very convincing and let iphones/ipads miles away!)
    02-26-14 04:20 PM
    Parental control will completely turn off your app, so you wont even have notification on your lets say facebook account, untill you turn parental control off again.... + its painfull to use it and takes many clicks and scrolls....
    We need appLock Pro or iLock to work on q10 like they did on previous OSs
    02-27-14 02:13 AM
    If it didn't turn off the app, your notifications would be visible. Why not simply password lock your phone, and be a bit pickier who you hand it to?
    02-27-14 06:31 AM
    Parental control will completely turn off your app, so you wont even have notification on your lets say facebook account, untill you turn parental control off again.... + its painfull to use it and takes many clicks and scrolls....
    We need appLock Pro or iLock to work on q10 like they did on previous OSs
    Your reasoning for being able to lock an app, ie facebook is because you don't want someone to access it if you give them your phone, understood.

So why would you want that person (who you don't want to be able to access facebook) be able to see your facebook notifications/messages in the hub? That makes 0 sense.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 08:08 AM
    well i tried it and it's effective but still not the easiest way...
    I think a dedicated app with password to allow you to configure many profiles (children, girlfriend, parents, colleagues...) would be perfect.
    In that case before giving your Blackberry to someone you'll just have to enter your password and click on the profile you want.
    It's not necessarily because you are a pervert or cheater or i don't know what, it's just that i don't want my nephews or friend's children to bump into some bikini girls, or my colleagues having a look at what i wrote on twitter for example.
    Socially it's very difficult to refuse to lend your phone to someone you know, but a phone is very personal (i for example have a lot of notes and memos that are for my eyes only ) and i don't like to peer over the borrower's shoulder.
    so even if parental control is useful, it can't compete with a swift practical dedicated app focused on your privacy.
    At least from my point of view...
    02-27-14 03:06 PM
    well i tried it and it's effective but still not the easiest way...
    I think a dedicated app with password to allow you to configure many profiles (children, girlfriend, parents, colleagues...) would be perfect.
    In that case before giving your Blackberry to someone you'll just have to enter your password and click on the profile you want.
    It's not necessarily because you are a pervert or cheater or i don't know what, it's just that i don't want my nephews or friend's children to bump into some bikini girls, or my colleagues having a look at what i wrote on twitter for example.
    Socially it's very difficult to refuse to lend your phone to someone you know, but a phone is very personal (i for example have a lot of notes and memos that are for my eyes only ) and i don't like to peer over the borrower's shoulder.
    so even if parental control is useful, it can't compete with a swift practical dedicated app focused on your privacy.
    At least from my point of view...
    out of curiosity, how is this issue resolved on other platforms?
    02-27-14 04:42 PM
    I can only speak about iOS as i used it before.
    On jailbreak's market called Cydia there's an app allowing you to set multiple login on your iPad.
    Should have been done natively for many years now but Apple's preference seems to sell 1 idevice/person in the house than give the opportunity to share a unique device for the family...
    02-27-14 07:20 PM