To cut a very long story short, my phone was replaced under warranty by Blackberry (telstra) for being faulty.

I received it today, but it did not come on a box. It came wrapped in plastic with the battery separate. I do not know whether it's my old battery or not (battery was fine). I asked the person who served me in the shop re the battery, she didn't know either.

My question is, is it safe to assume that it's a refurbished phone and not brand new?

If so, is that fair and standard practise?

Please advise me, thanks.
    08-18-14 05:08 AM
    To cut a very long story short, my phone was replaced under warranty by Blackberry (telstra) for being faulty.

I received it today, but it did not come on a box. It came wrapped in plastic with the battery separate. I do not know whether it's my old battery or not (battery was fine). I asked the person who served me in the shop re the battery, she didn't know either.

My question is, is it safe to assume that it's a refurbished phone and not brand new?

It's refurbished. Normally they are fine and that standard practise.
    08-18-14 05:17 AM
    I had the same thing done to me for my 9900 on vodafone

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-18-14 05:21 AM
    Thanks for replying.

I feel a bit peeved. They sold me a phone, it's busted, they owe me a new one...
    08-18-14 05:26 AM
    Most carriers here in the states only give you a new device between 14 and 30 days after that you get a refurbished one. I have always had good luck with any refurbished device they sent me.

Posted via CB10
    aussie99 likes this.
    08-18-14 06:40 AM
    AT&T replaced Q10 after a year. I asked about the condition of replacement and was told refurb. It was sent in a "plain brown, with bubble wrapped, envelope" by USPS. Very non nondescript. The instructions were VERY specific about returns condition, had to be cosmetically perfect. Warranty for 90 days.
    So far so good. Thank you AT&T!
    08-19-14 01:36 PM

I had mine replaced twice, and on both occasions it was as described by you, with me also getting back my same battery.

It's all good, as the device is as new (with the exception of just the box and accessories.

Posted via CB10 on my all black Q10SQN100-3/10.2.2.1531
    08-19-14 05:37 PM
    I've sent in a few BlackBerry phones over the years and most came back as refurbs in much better shape (perfect) than what I'd sent in (usually at least a nick or scratch somewhere). I always hoped for a new phone but I haven't been let down by a refurbished BlackBerry.

Btw, if you don't send in your battery they send you a new one back with your replacement phone... that leads me to believe every refurb phone gets a new battery.
    08-20-14 07:42 AM