No I haven't read every comment but so far I think every has forgotten what Blackberry's are all about.

Security.

I cannot wipe a device with a dead or faulty battery and I don't want to send it to a repair centre with my data intact.

The last repair took my phone all day to back up and wipe.

Yes I can remove sim and SD card but to do so just for a battery is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 03:38 AM
    But they will degrade to 70% after one year and it's downhill after that. The point is why should I get the Z30 when there is an IPhone 6 plus?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 05:17 AM
    Researchers are testing battery stability so that batteries can run better and longer

Z10
    09-20-14 05:34 AM
    Because I DON'T HAVE TO POWER THE PHONE DOWN to do it.

Granted, some of this is circumstance. My job tends to give me ample access to quick juice top-ups, either at my desk or in my truck.

And I CAN get a bigger charge if I choose. I can carry multiple small chargers, or I've got a bigger device about the size of an original cassette Walkman that can charge my Z30 fully maybe 7 or 8 times over. And it cost less than any OEM BlackBerry battery I've ever bought.

Posted via CB10
    IT DOESNT MATTER YOU YOU if the battery is removable or not. If you have a removable battery you can still use that silly external charger without ever replacing the actual battery. But those of us that want to replace our batteries don't have the luxury of choice if the battery is fixed. So whether the battery is fixed or not, it doesn't concern you. You're not making any good points. You're finding ways around having a fixed battery.

There's no point in arguing FOR a fixed battery. If you want to use an external battery charger then so be it. But the people that WANT to swap batteries instead of hanging their device on a noose, can't. Now they're forced to do what you do.

Replaceable battery - available alternatives
    Fixed battery - no available alternatives

Posted via Q10RR
    skstrials likes this.
    09-20-14 06:41 AM
    It's really a waste of time...

Removable battery
    Pros
    • You can easily replace battery by yourselves
    • You can buy an extended non-official battery for more juice on the go (more a cons for me)
    • You can buy a cheap universal powerbank to have extra juice. And by doing so, you don't have to power off the phone

Cons
    • You still have to carry a separate battery if you want to have extra juice
    • Your phone can broke apart when you accidentally drop it
    • Frequent opening of back cover to replace a battery or to take it out temporarily specially if the phone hangs may cause battery contacts to loosen. The small gap between the cover and the battery can cause power off
    • You have to power off the phone to change the battery
    • Squeaky back possible

Non-removable battery
    Pros
    • Phone build is solid. Your phone wont explode to pieces when you accidentally drop it although it may suffer some dents just like any other device
    • No worries about battery contacts getting loose over time
    • Space can be saved since the designers don't have to worry about contacts, extra shielding, protection for battery, and other stuff. The space can be put towards bells and whistles, higher capacity, and/or a slimmer device. It's the case for the classic ; By doing so, they get more space for a bigger battery than the Q10
    • Less gaps from which dust can get into the device
    • You can buy a cheap universal powerbank to have extra juice. And by doing so, you don't have to power off the phone
    • More safe. Non-original battery and charger inevitably have some incompatibility with the cell phone. They may damage the cell phone after long time use. Let alone some inferior battery. They can even cause explosion!

Cons
    • You can replace battery by yourself but it's not as easy. some of you will have to bring it to a service center

Well, removable battery was really important 5 or 6 years ago. Nowadays, it's not. Battery are more performant. Furthermore, a powerbank can store like 12000mAh... You know how often you can fully recharge your 2100mAh battery with it ? And you can also use the powerbank to charge other gadget... Last but not least, these bank can often be charged with the same charger as the phone through micro-USB. And for some of them, you can charge the phone AND the powerbank at the same time with the same charger.

You wonder :

What will happen 2-3 years from now when my battery performance is degraded ?
    If the battery is built-in, you can DIY. Spare parts and tutorials are easy to find (Thx iFixit). Or bring it to a service center. If it's a removable battery, just switch it.

What happens when my phone freezes? With a removable battery I can just take the battery out and put it back.
    You can as easily use the hard-reset combo to do so.

Now, can we close this endless topic ?
    Last edited by Joshu42; 09-20-14 at 08:37 AM.
    09-20-14 08:26 AM
    And to speak again of the official bundle charger from BlackBerry. You can easily have it plug-in while using it.

Replaceable Batteries Not The Future?-img_20140917_134622_edit.jpg

Replaceable Batteries Not The Future?-photo-1_edit_edit.jpg

Replaceable Batteries Not The Future?-photo-2-1-_edit_edit.jpg
    09-20-14 08:47 AM
    It's really a waste of time...

Removable battery
    Pros
    • You can easily replace battery by yourselves
    • You can buy an extended non-official battery for more juice on the go (more a cons for me)

Cons
    • You still have to carry a separate battery if you want to have extra juice
    • Your phone can broke apart when you accidentally drop it
    • Frequent opening of back cover to replace a battery or to take it out temporarily specially if the phone hangs may cause battery contacts to loosen. The small gap between the cover and the battery can cause power off
    • You have to power off the phone to change the battery
    • Squeaky back possible

Non-removable battery
    Pros
    • Phone build is solid. Your phone wont explode to pieces when you accidentally drop it although it may suffer some dents just like any other device
    • No worries about battery contacts getting loose over time
    • Space can be saved since the designers don't have to worry about contacts, extra shielding, protection for battery, and other stuff. The space can be put towards bells and whistles, higher capacity, and/or a slimmer device. It's the case for the classic ; By doing so, they get more space for a bigger battery than the Q10
    • Less gaps from which dust can get into the device
    • More safe. Non-original battery and charger inevitably have some incompatibility with the cell phone. They may damage the cell phone after long time use. Let alone some inferior battery. They can even cause explosion!

Cons
    • You can replace battery by yourself but it's not as easy. some of you will have to bring it to a service center

Well, removable battery was really important 5 or 6 years ago. Nowadays, it's not. Battery are more performant. Furthermore, a powerbank can store like 12000mAh... You know how often you can fully recharge your 2100mAh battery with it ? And you can also use the powerbank to charge other gadget... Last but not least, these bank can often be charged with the same charger as the phone through micro-USB. And for some of them, you can charge the phone AND the powerbank at the same time with the same charger.

You wonder :

What will happen 2-3 years from now when my battery performance is degraded ?
    If the battery is built-in, you can DIY. Spare parts and tutorials are easy to find (Thx iFixit). Or bring it to a service center. If it's a removable battery, just switch it.

What happens when my phone freezes? With a removable battery I can just take the battery out and put it back.
    You can as easily use the hard-reset combo to do so.

Now, can we close this endless topic ?
    You stated carrying a power bank for removable batteries a con, except.... fixed batteries have the same problem. You saying that there aren't any cons is ridiculous. Very bias post. My girlfriends sister is having a problem with her iphone. For whatever reason it's not holding a charge for more than 4 hours. We're taking it to apple to have the device replaced since we can't just buy another battery and swap it. Because we have to replace the device due to a FAULTY FIXED BATTERY, we have to backup her device to the computer, get the phone replaced, plug it in and restore from backup. Whereas with a replaceable battery, we wouldn't have to go through all of the trouble. Closest apple store is 30 minutes away.

Could you imagine if she was out of warranty? We would have to buy the battery online, watch a how-to video on replacing it and hope all goes smoothly when putting the phone back together. Or buy another iphone altogether. This all could be solved with a removable battery that takes seconds to swap out. Kills an hour of driving, days of shipping and an hour or so of doing it ourselves following the video. Now please argue with me. I want to hear what more you possibly have to say in defense of fixed batteries.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-20-14 09:01 AM
    Posted via Q10RR
    09-20-14 09:02 AM
    You stated carrying a power bank for removable batteries a con, except.... fixed batteries have the same problem. You saying that there aren't any cons is ridiculous. Very bias post. My girlfriends sister is having a problem with her iphone. For whatever reason it's not holding a charge for more than 4 hours. We're taking it to apple to have the device replaced since we can't just buy another battery and swap it.
    I stated carrying a powerbank for removable or built-in battery a pro...
    Complete the list of pros and cons if you like.
    By the way, I change the battery of my iPhone myself, only 4 standards screws. That's all. Very easy. Less that 5 minutes.
    09-20-14 09:25 AM
    Inadvertent post.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 09-20-14 at 09:47 AM.
    09-20-14 09:34 AM
    I stated carrying a powerbank for removable or built-in battery a pro...
    Complete the list of pros and cons if you like.
    By the way, I change the battery of my iPhone myself, only 4 standards screws. That's all. Very easy. Less that 5 minutes.
    Removable battery takes less than five seconds...you aren't making a good case here.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-20-14 09:40 AM
    Removable battery takes less than five seconds...you aren't making a good case here.
    It's just a fact, no case here.
    And I did it once in the last 4 years, taking 5 secondes or 5 minutes, it's the same thing.
    09-20-14 09:45 AM
    It's just a fact, no case here.
    And I did it once in the last 4 years, taking 5 secondes or 5 minutes, it's the same thing.
    You are not part of the majority. There are many more people that CAN'T change their battery in five minutes. Speak for them. Please.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-20-14 11:01 AM
    You are not part of the majority. There are many more people that CAN'T change their battery in five minutes. Speak for them. Please.
    Check the cons for the non-removable battery. It's there
    Complete the list, so everyone will have a clear view.
    09-20-14 11:11 AM
    I think they do it to make sure people don't keep their phones for too long and have to upgrade every two years. It's called planned obsolescence and it works for apple but I really don't think BB is in a position to be doing things people don't like. If an android producer comes out with something like the hub I would consider switching. I hate it that much.
    12-19-14 10:32 PM
    still prefer removable battery...
    easy maintenace...

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    12-20-14 07:18 AM
    The other day I had lunch with my brother when I noticed he had to take out this huge battery pack with a long cable to charge his iPhone 5S, which had run out of juice by that time. Isn't it stupid to charge one battery with another battery. Or my business partner who had to have IPhone charged in a restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City then when he asked for it. That waiter had disappeared with his IPhone. Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:27 PM
    None Replaceable Batts... are the single most biggest mistake EVER PERIOD!, yes we all know I phone is like that.... but BB Really need to think about this... what if the phone died? had a battery problem? (i cannot simply pop to the nearest tech store and buy a replacement battery can i?) I have to jump hurdles/hoops to send it back blah blah - It simply doesn't work like that... i know the Classic has a None-Replaceable Battery.... but i'll still get it. (not 100% happy with the classic battery though)

BlackBerry/John Chen, really need to RE-THINK this method.... yes i understand they wanna save a bit of money, but c'mon for gods sake.

Are you listening BlackBerry?

And for those think a None-Replaceable Battery is a good idea? you need to get your head out of the sand (and THINK LONG TERM)

Give you a good example.... My Galaxy S4 battery died major problem? no not really... paid for a new battery and phone powered back on (didn't have to send it to Samsung and pay lots of money for post/shipping fees.)
    The LAST thing I'd want to do is deal with digital river if something happened to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    12-20-14 10:14 PM
93 ... 234