The first few weeks I had no issues with accessing my Q10 wirelessly or through USB on my pc. After those few first weeks my pc would no longer show the drives for my Q10 when I was connected wirelessly. It would still sync and the other way around (accessing the files on my pc wirelessly on my Q10) also worked just fine. Now I've also lost the ability to access the drives through usb.
    Again, syncing works just fine, accessing pc files works just fine. It's just that my pc refuses to mount the drives so I can't go through them in explorer. And while syncing works, link no longer shows the available space on my Q10.

I've come to find out that the issue lies somewhere in my AVG firewall. As soon as I turn that off, everything works beautifully and the way it's supposed to. I just can't figure out exactly what setting it is in the firewall that needs to be changed. Can anyone help?
    07-08-13 02:46 PM
    The first few weeks I had no issues with accessing my Q10 wirelessly or through USB on my pc. After those few first weeks my pc would no longer show the drives for my Q10 when I was connected wirelessly. It would still sync and the other way around (accessing the files on my pc wirelessly on my Q10) also worked just fine. Now I've also lost the ability to access the drives through usb.
    Again, syncing works just fine, accessing pc files works just fine. It's just that my pc refuses to mount the drives so I can't go through them in explorer. And while syncing works, link no longer shows the available space on my Q10.

I've come to find out that the issue lies somewhere in my AVG firewall. As soon as I turn that off, everything works beautifully and the way it's supposed to. I just can't figure out exactly what setting it is in the firewall that needs to be changed. Can anyone help?
    you need to open the proxy/port in AVG to allow the device to connect, as it connects as a network not as a regular device
    VeniceBB likes this.
    07-08-13 02:55 PM
    Makes sense. Now the golden question, where do I find which proxy/port I need to open up?
    07-08-13 03:07 PM
    That I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly lol hopefully someone a little more network savvy than I can answer that

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 03:50 PM
    Argh, been trying quite some time to figure it out on my own. No luck. So, techies, is there someone else here who can show me the way?

Posted with my Q10 using CB10
    07-09-13 12:11 AM
    I haven't AVG but I have same problem here
    07-09-13 03:11 AM
    Come on guys, there has to be someone who can help FraBB and me out here. Pretty please?
    07-09-13 12:38 PM
    Did you ever get the firewall sorted out? I had the same problem and had to set an exception in the firewall to allow the whole IP range of the phone and the port ranges to get mine to work.

John
    10-15-13 06:45 AM
    So did you resolve the issue, as i have AVG and am banging my head against the wall.
    11-06-13 03:16 AM
    In AVG Interest Security 2014:
    Double click Firewall -> Settings -> Expert Mode -> Defined Networks -> Select IP addresses whitelist -> Edit network -> Add IP -> IP address range -> FROM 169.254.0.0 TO 169.254.255.255.

That works for me.
    ordigas likes this.
    08-14-14 04:07 AM
    Worst ever i had this problem
    08-14-14 04:46 AM
    In AVG Interest Security 2014:
    Double click Firewall -> Settings -> Expert Mode -> Defined Networks -> Select IP addresses whitelist -> Edit network -> Add IP -> IP address range -> FROM 169.254.0.0 TO 169.254.255.255.

That works for me.
    Thank you! This solved the problem for me!

After looking all over the internet for a solution and modifying AVG's Firewall settings by "defining networks" and/or adding "system services" with no success, your solution did the trick.

Everyone should try it. It just works.

Thanks again!
    10-16-14 02:50 PM
    That's the APIPA range. I'm curious about why that works. Does anyone know?
    10-16-14 10:16 PM
    That's the APIPA range. I'm curious about why that works. Does anyone know?
    A part of the phone main memory is mounted as a network drive. Either DHCP is not provided by Windows on demand, either it's its way of addressing the phone. That's all.
    10-17-14 07:13 AM
    Oh my God, Its working now. I was trying all kinds of solution, finally came here. Thank you very much
    11-13-14 06:31 PM