WTH is an emoji? It sounds like some kind of exotic dessert.

I'm only kidding. I know what those are, and though I have no issue with people using them, those blasted things sometimes drive me crazy to no end. Thumbs up here, crying face there. How about TALKING to me or using actual words to communicate?

OP, I have about 10 years on you. I remember being 24. It was still a fun age. Went by like a blur. Anyways, I do think you're overreacting a little bit. If you're getting upset over the fact you made a choice to use a Blackberry and it goes against "popular conceptions", then perhaps you need to re-evaluate what you value/care about more. As you get older, you will realize that you won't give 2 you-know-whats about what kind of car you drive, clothes you wear, and the phone you use. Now this doesn't mean that you should act/dress like a bum or walk around looking like a total slob or have no ambition/career goals, etc, but you will come to realize what values really are and what they mean to YOU. NOT what your friends/peers may say otherwise. I am the only one among my circle of friends who uses a Blackberry. Sometimes I will get playfully ragged on for using a "Blackberry" but again, all in good fun. I don't have women or friends say anything CLOSE to "oh, no emojis? You have to get them." I use a Blackberry because I'm comfortable with it and like the flow of the OS. I'm never arrogant about it nor do I even spend my energy trying to defend Blackberry or why I use it. What's the point? Life's too short.

Bottom line, use what you want to use and don't succumb to peer pressure. You don't have to explain yourself to anyone about why you have a Blackberry. Have some fun with your lady friends when they want you to use emojis or get an iPhone or whatever. I'll bet if you play it off right, you'll get some laughs out of them. Or, as someone mentioned previously, you could all just carry on something called "face-to-face conversation." Tried and true. Don't need an app or an emoji for that
    08-12-14 08:31 PM
    bb really needs a device that crosses over that has a qwerty keyboard

chicks dig iPhones so id have one of those also so you can get some handies, Save the BB for work
    08-12-14 08:37 PM
    Perhaps time for "anger management." Perhaps this forum should be concerned with BB users technical problems with possible remedies.
    08-12-14 09:15 PM
    BlackBerry is just Instagram and Emoji-support away from getting a few million new users.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    08-13-14 02:56 AM
    The whole tools Vs toys argument

Posted via CB10
    Some one gets it.

@ michael banjany - You can use that tools vs toys argument over and over again like people on crackberry have been doing for years but it's not gonna make a difference, that argument died a long time ago so leave it in the past.
    FCSC likes this.
    08-13-14 03:27 AM
    I don't own a BlackBerry... yet, but I thought I would add that, as a Windows Phone owner, it's nice to stand out from the crowd and that's what owning a BlackBerry does for you. It makes you stand out and you should be proud of that regardless of what others think.
    +100%
    neo158 and bbnrs like this.
    08-13-14 03:31 AM
    I feel ya...this is my 6th Blackberry and I am always getting headache from everyone else. I work for a VZW Retailer and even my supervisor is trying to convert me. I remember the days when I was converting others. They keep telling me that BB is going under and losing business. Actually we are not losing business but getting back to what we do best and that is targeting our market audience. There have been some "shady" models of BB released trying to appeal to the 24's and the iPhone users (who by the way have more junk apps than the landfills). RIM has now realized what is important and that is retaining the target audience of business customers. I am hanging in there with my Q10 and the future.
    08-13-14 05:47 AM
    I have never experienced any of that. Moreover, I have never had a girl mention my lack of emoji use. Lack of attention, but emojis!?? Nahhh.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    08-13-14 05:55 AM
    Same problem with me. All these guys think my phone is crap whereas it beats their stupid iphones. People are so ignorant. They just insult the phone for the heck of it. They don't even know anything about it.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 05:50 PM
    The only emoji I'd be interested in would be the middle finger. But hey, that's just me.

A friend is a decades-long BlackBerry user, always company issued, and loves the platform. He told me recently that when he's in a meeting and pulls out his BlackBerry folks look at him like he's a dinosaur and that there is something less capable about him. He definitely feels a prejudice and negative judgement, both from clients and competitors. Nobody cares what their competitors think of them, but if your clients think you've lost a step...

Personally I couldn't give a rat's arse what people think of my choice in mobile phones. I know what works for me, and why. Now give me that middle finger emoji so I can REALLY express myself in a way these tossers understand.
    09-07-14 09:03 PM
    Lol the fact that people judge on what type of phone you have is sad... man what a sad world...

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 12:29 AM
    I can somehow understand. People don't give a second look at my new Q10, and I imagine they probably think I'm using an ancient legacy BlackBerry or a cheap qwerty feature phone Nokia. Yes, it's a sea of iphones and Samsungs and dirt cheap China android phones where I live. And no, I've never seen any Q10 or any other BlackBerry 10 devices for that matter in the wild.

I also use a Note 3, but these days, all my communications needs are satisfied by the Q10.

Personally, I don't give a sh*t whether people give my Q10 a second glance. Truth be told, I gloat in secret every time I do productive tasks on my Q10, knowing what other people are missing.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 02:41 AM
    I can't believe this ****s still going on

Give her the D, problem solved. Nobody really care about your damn lack of emojis and what phone you use as long as they actually like you.

CB10 on the Q10
    09-08-14 04:29 AM
    I try to advertise that I am carrying a Q10 by putting it right on the table in front of me at work meetings and also at personal gatherings.

I am not sure about the hate, but people's reaction to my Q10 has been mostly disbelief that somebody still using one of those devices! But, the atmosphere changes quickly when I show them my phone and what it can do, and then after I tell them how surprised I am that all of them smart guys did not know that. It quickly becomes clear to them that I know as much about their phones (iPhones and Galaxies) as they do, while they have no clue about mine. So, I can sense they get embarrassed and insecure afterwards, feeling that I might be the smart one who has made a decision based on knowledge and not blind following!

Posted via Z10
    09-08-14 06:45 AM
    Tell these girls "men don't do emojis."
    Or, "We have names for guys that like Emojis."

"Girls"

And then leave to chat with a more mature women.
    09-08-14 08:46 AM
    Been a proud BlackBerry user since 2006 and I have ALWAYS gotten grief from other people (even my fiance!) about staying with my "prehistoric" phones. My friends would rub it in my face that BlackBerry never had any of the apps that android/iphones had and I always had to feel left out. Til I switched to android (on 2 separate occasions), so I could enjoy all the same apps and utilities as everyone else, only to find that I really didn't need/ use them very much at all.
    What I love so much about BlackBerry is, not only the keyboards, OS and simplicity -- but also the fact that it has everything you need, and you need everything it has. Not too much, not too little.
    boss_hog likes this.
    09-08-14 01:36 PM
91 ... 234