09-08-14 02:36 PM
91 1234
tools
    The only thing you can do is to avoid those people who let their phones define their characters and personalities.
    08-11-14 12:47 PM
    Agree with points. Newness is a selling point as an illusion in a sense to technological progress. Sometimes being new or different from "the item de jour" is simply social or dare I say, as popular is due to advertising hype and hence ignorance. Go BB!
    08-11-14 01:19 PM

Really?
    Well, in the grand scheme of things it might not but every little bit counts.
    Like I feel ridiculous just saying that but I'm also very down to earth to know that what I'm saying has some sense to it.

It's the same way where BBM was huge and everyone had it and if you didn't, it was awks.
    08-11-14 03:02 PM
    I'm not in your young age group, but personally, i can't stand when guys use emojis. The smile and frown are enough. It reminds me of when my kids were little and learning to talk and i'd tell them, "use your words..."
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    08-11-14 03:48 PM
    I'm not in your young age group, but personally, i can't stand when guys use emojis. The smile and frown are enough. It reminds me of when my kids were little and learning to talk and i'd tell them, "use your words..."
    So I guess your not a fan of BBM stickers? Too bad. There a hoot!
    08-11-14 06:02 PM
    Use it to your advantage. One of the greatest "features" afforded by a BlackBerry is the "commonly accepted knowledge" that it sucks, it's slow, it loses messages, shuts off in the middle of calls, hour-glasses, crashes, can't connect to the Internet for undetermined periods of time, needs battery pulls, etc.

What does this mean to you? It's the perfect excuse for almost any 'tight' social/work "situation" you may find yourself in!

Don't want to pick up the call? Need to cut the call short? Don't feel like responding to that email/sms? Don't want to talk to anyone for a few days? Don't worry, just do what you need to do and if anyone ever asks what happened, just tell them your blackberry was acting up ... no one will question the veracity, they will only show empathy and pity.

Lord knows, as a young guy... you're gonna want to have all the excuses you can find.

Posted via CB10
    Strong contender for post of the year!

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs and AnimalPak200 like this.
    08-11-14 07:47 PM
    Lololololololololoooooooool

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 07:58 PM
    Most of this is because young women are dominated by status anxiety, so status symbols are important to them. All you have to do is reframe your BlackBerry as a status symbol for her interest group and you?re golden. Example: If she's into career-successful guys, then mention that your BlackBerry is part of the fast track program at work "Because the current CEO has one." If she's into the environment, tell her how BlackBerry is going to make rooftop solar even cooler by integrating it with QNX someday.

As for the emojis, use the old-fashioned XOXO at the end of your text messages, because it does increase the likelihood of kissing and hugging in real life. And don't be afraid to tell her to download BBM from her app store. Even better if she only uses it with you. There are going to be a lot of things that she only does with you!

My GF downloaded BBM just for me on her Droid...

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.700+.296/T-Mobile USA
    bbnrs, zymenth and JesseBabe23 like this.
    08-11-14 08:52 PM
    It's a phone. Don't be so dramatic about it. Seriously, do people refuse to associate with you because you don't have a iPhone? I don't think so.

No. I have never experienced hate over the phone I choose, clothes I wear, car I drive. I don't mingle with haters.
    I'm agreeing with you, so does this mean... LOL.

Seriously: well said. OP, find better people to hang with.
    08-11-14 10:24 PM
    I hear your pain op I see the messages all the time "Didn't know people still used BlackBerry" Well I am Blackberry by choice always have been. They have had there short comings in certain areas but for me a power call/email and text/bbm user i could not ask for more. my Z10 rocks the web, talk to my pebble and fitbit flex (10.3 franken OS).

I am waiting in anticipation for the passport to continue the BlackBerry Shrine I have at home. In short keep rocking the BB and to hell with haters.

all the best

CO
    08-12-14 12:44 AM
    Yeah. I agree. BlackBerry needs to work on their publicity and show the world what it is.

It ll be like stone in a cave no matter how prestigious it is, if undiscovered it's still a stone/mineral.

My point is no matter how hard BlackBerry 10 are awesome it will be a death os if it remains secret.

Come on BlackBerry. I know you are busy developing new update but still you can push some ads or something.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 12:53 AM
    There is no point to argue with people who already made up their mind about BlackBerry as long as you're happy with your choice of mobile.

Though I do agree BlackBerry should fix emoji thing. It seems to be the widest emoticons used in iOs and android. I get question marks when I received emojis instead of smileys. This has been my experience for more than a year.

via Q10
    08-12-14 02:46 AM
    Yes same here as you can see in the picture I posted on the 2nd page of an example. However, as everyone stated, what is really more important... emojis? or productivity.

Also to clarify, its not really the fact I can't send a female a stupid smiley that bugs me. Its the perception people have when I wip out my Q10,next time I'm just going to throw down my black card BMW key Ducati key and burberry wallet along with it to show the class it portrays. haha I'm just kidding i don't have a black card

There is no point to argue with people who already made up their mind about BlackBerry as long as you're happy with your choice of mobile.

Though I do agree BlackBerry should fix emoji thing. It seems to be the widest emoticons used in iOs and android. I get question marks when I received emojis instead of smileys. This has been my experience for more than a year.

via Q10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    08-12-14 06:27 AM
    what is really more important... emojis? or productivity.
    Please don't go down this productivity route...
    08-12-14 07:29 AM
    Its the perception people have when I wip out my Q10
    probably should have made that a stronger point in your OP then, you talked more about emojis then the perception of your Q10.

that being said, have people here seen the "future of texting gif"?

I dont think gifs work on here, so heres a link:

https://twitter.com/AFunnyGif/status/481620501186367490
    08-12-14 08:45 AM
    Yes same here as you can see in the picture I posted on the 2nd page of an example. However, as everyone stated, what is really more important... emojis? or productivity.
    You said it. To own anything you need to work for hard. What else helps one better than a BlackBerry!.

Also to clarify, its not really the fact I can't send a female a stupid smiley that bugs me. Its the perception people have when I wip out my Q10,next time I'm just going to throw down my black card BMW key Ducati key and burberry wallet along with it to show the class it portrays. haha I'm just kidding i don't have a black card
    Yup. List them all in your card..!
    08-12-14 09:27 AM
    Please don't go down this productivity route...
    Meaning?

http://www.stayontop-lifestyle.com/
    08-12-14 09:31 AM
    Whats up guys, I love my Q10, phone does everything:
    - great keyboard
    - fast processor
    - feels good in the hand
    - responsive touchscreen
    - perfect form factor/ size
    - great signal strength

However, I guess since I am, on "quote", in the eyes of society young (24) and everyone has iPhones, I am looked at is if I am an outcast because I don't succumb to the sheep ways.

And girls, "oh come on you need emojis" and than I have to explain that I like blackberry better, blah blah blah, they don't get it. Its getting to the point where its boiling my blood!!

As if they think I have an outdated phone, but don't really know that I'm in fact a tech nerd, and THAT is why I love my blackberry.

Don't get me wrong I do like the iPhone also, considering I switch back and forth buying both phones outright full contract (which is getting ridiculous) This needs to be addressed. Blackberry - your marketing team needs to do something about this. communicating with other devices is such a hassle. No emoji support (not that I use this often) but come on now, how hard can this implantation be. Even texts are delayed to iPhones. Very very very frustrating.

anyone else experience this hate?
    I don't own a BlackBerry... yet, but I thought I would add that, as a Windows Phone owner, it's nice to stand out from the crowd and that's what owning a BlackBerry does for you. It makes you stand out and you should be proud of that regardless of what others think.
    bbnrs, gebco, Blue787 and 1 others like this.
    08-12-14 01:59 PM
    The whole tools Vs toys argument

Posted via CB10
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    08-12-14 02:39 PM
    I don't own a BlackBerry... yet, but I thought I would add that, as a Windows Phone owner, it's nice to stand out from the crowd and that's what owning a BlackBerry does for you. It makes you stand out and you should be proud of that regardless of what others think.
    Depends on who you roll with.

I work with techies, and have never drawn an inference of a person's character from the device he/she carries. I know some folks do; I simply refuse to hang with shallow people. When I was younger, I might have picked an item solely because no one else had it, and that becomes a slippery slope. Now, I pick what works. If everybody wears white, and white works best for me, I'm wearing white.

Standing out is a noble endeavor, I just think electronics is a poor way of underscoring it.
    08-12-14 03:12 PM
    The whole tools Vs toys argument

Posted via CB10
    Toys vs tools is an accurate statement and valid argument that a lot of people bring about. I'm not saying an iphone is a phone for just games, obviously it's great for business also. But at the same time it does have toy like features. They invest so much into a stupid graphics chip and think that's appealing, and to many, it is. Hence the iphone CAN be used as a toy.

Every time I have my iphone.. I use it for business though. Although I prefer my BlackBerry for business over the iphone for 3 main reason:
    1- keyboard (can't stand auto correct, and inaccurate typos) - don't say "you can turn that off" because if I did I'd look like I was speaking a different language with how many errors I would have

2- multitasking. I personally like to listen to audio books on youtube while I'm driving to work, with BlackBerry I can leave the youtube browser and still text, surf the web on a different tabs, etc. With the iphone you cant

3- contact synchronization. BlackBerry is unbelievable how it links a contact with FB linkedin etc, and pulls all their recent activity from those sites as well all directly from the contacts app. Iphones don't have the slightest clue on how to sync contacts. My buddies iphone still shows a picture of me with a girlfriend I had 4 years ago. It's simply pathetic.

4- added bonus- obviously battery life. BlackBerry - full day no problem. Iphone - same usage - 6 hours and I'm running for an outlet

Blue787 and JesseBabe23 like this.
    08-12-14 03:43 PM
    Toys vs tools is an accurate statement and valid argument that a lot of people bring about. I'm not saying an iphone is a phone for just games, obviously it's great for business also. But at the same time it does have toy like features. They invest so much into a stupid graphics chip and think that's appealing, and to many, it is. Hence the iphone CAN be used as a toy.

Every time I have my iphone.. I use it for business though. Although I prefer my BlackBerry for business over the iphone for 3 main reason:
    1- keyboard (can't stand auto correct, and inaccurate typos) - don't say "you can turn that off" because if I did I'd look like I was speaking a different language with how many errors I would have

2- multitasking. I personally like to listen to audio books on youtube while I'm driving to work, with BlackBerry I can leave the youtube browser and still text, surf the web on a different tabs, etc. With the iphone you cant

3- contact synchronization. BlackBerry is unbelievable how it links a contact with FB linkedin etc, and pulls all their recent activity from those sites as well all directly from the contacts app. Iphones don't have the slightest clue on how to sync contacts. My buddies iphone still shows a picture of me with a girlfriend I had 4 years ago. It's simply pathetic.

4- added bonus- obviously battery life. BlackBerry - full day no problem. Iphone - same usage - 6 hours and I'm running for an outlet

Who are you arguing against?

You want to do the tools Vs toys argument, search the forums there are a plenty of threads on it already.

Posted via CB10
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    08-12-14 04:26 PM
    To the OP, yes, I've experienced rude/ignorant comments about my phone specifically last semester when I decided to save some money by taking a break from my University and took a few classes at my local junior college. Initially aggravated me but realized its pointless to argue. The ignorance reflects their immaturity and probably boredom. Now that I'm back finishing my last year at the University, I haven't had one person who has seen my phone make one comment. Just tells me that I'm surrounded by people who have better things to say/do than poke fun at someone else's phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 05:13 PM
    I've experienced the same thing with my Z10 and Z30. It's more of an irrational hate for BlackBerry and uneducated consumers who believe that Android and iOS are the only operating systems left on the market. It's BlackBerry's fault for these views as well because they haven't done a good job of marketing BB10 or any of the devices.

Hopefully these misconceptions stop now that John Chen is in charge. BlackBerry needs to make a splash and he has to be the one to deliver it.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    Keyword used here "irrational". It's very hard to explain.
    08-12-14 07:50 PM
    If your phone brand is what makes or breaks your odds with the ladies you have more problems . As far as feeling low about it being anything other than a iphone that's just childish. Worry more about your own success not what phone you have. If it works best for you that's what matters. I know very successful people who have millions and don't even have a cell phone. Ask them why and they will tell you quick the less people hell hack you the better life is and if they need to call someone they will from there office or home. I know some who only keep one in there car for emergencies. Most have dumb phones that I know. A few have smartphones. They have Blackberry's or iphones generally some have both I don't know any that use social media frequently. Most say why do I want to put something on the Internet when I can call them and tell them want if it's that important. And pictures are for them not to share with the world images that are special to them. Mostly if someone doesn't like your phone. So!! If you're shoving it in there face and they talk crap it's because they don't give a crap and want you to stop. If someone takes interest in your phone trust me they will ask you about it

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 08:15 PM
91 1234