So, I have a Q10, which I'm very happy with---but I'm not emotionally attached to companies, and I like it because it serves my wants/needs, which may not be typical of the average user. This boils down to the portrait QWERTY keyboard. Pretty much. While I liked BIS, considering the current issues, I'm glad it's no longer tied to BIS.

However, no one else makes any decent phone at all, as far as I can tell, in this form factor, so whether I'm emotionally attached to BB as such is immaterial---I am functionally attached to it. So the question is: when to stock up on spare Q10s/Q5s if the company stops making them and/or is bought out by someone else with a different business plan?

I know that people are worried about the company existing at all: but I don't care THAT much, although it's a shame that Canada can't support it's own tech industry. (I say as a Canuck abroad.) I do care about my access to the aspects of technology I like. I'm going to want enough phones to tide me over until someone comes up with another technology I like---I am not a fan of the interaction styles of Android or iPhone products as they currently exist. Nokia Asha maybe? But it's quite behind, won't even run Windows Phone.
    08-19-13 08:02 AM
    Stock up now for one reason: to give the company a boost. Other than that, BlackBerry is here to stay.
    08-19-13 08:05 AM
    I don't think you need to stress about this for a while.

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    08-19-13 08:21 AM
    Fair enough, but I was an OS/2 Warp user until OS/2 stopped twitching. I know how this goes---IBM is still there but the product for all intents and purposes ain't. (And I know about eCS.)
    08-19-13 08:32 AM
    Don't worry about BlackBerry going away. I suspect that they will end up going private in order to regroup without having to report results to Wall street every quarter. Could be the best thing that ever happened to them.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 09:13 AM
    If you decide to stock up....wait 2 or 3 years when they'll be selling for a fraction of the price. IMHO, the Q10 will be around longer than you'll want/need it to be.
    08-19-13 01:57 PM
    So...should I move up my panic buy date now?
    09-05-13 09:45 AM