Two questions;
    Is there a book reading app specifically designed for the Q10s screen? Something that takes standard epub files?
    Is the phone (on Verizon) stable, without all the issues the Z10 is experiencing? I understand the new 10.1 patch for Verizon did more harm than good, and did not completely fix the reboot issue. If the answer to the two questions is "yes" then I'm going to order a Q10 and get my BB keyboard back.
    08-03-13 09:05 PM
    I have a Q10 on Verizon and I side loaded Kindle. It works fine. Besides the Q10 comes from the factory with 10.1 so it has no issues on Verizon.

Posted via my Q10
    08-03-13 09:09 PM
    Sounds good to me. And I guess I will take the leap and install the leak. Phone arrives tomorrow! Can't wait for my new toy I just hope I don't see the problems I had with the Z10s. That nearly put me off BB forever, despite my ongoing love affair (don't tell the wife) with my 9930.
    08-05-13 06:21 AM
    I bought Playepub Book Reader (native app) for 0,89 euro and it works well for me. Of course screen is smaller but one can increase font. For your second question, I have had my Q10 for about 4 months now and didn't experience 1 problem, not even after all updates. Just don't forget to let the updates completely run even if you might think it is done. Some people complained about a loose space bar so check that before you buy. I for one never had any problem and my precious is fully operational and working as intended.

CB10 - Q10
    locke7 likes this.
    08-05-13 06:41 AM
    Thanks for the info. Playepub sounds good. I am converting everything I have to epub so I can read it where I want. I still wish someone would make readers as clean and simple as the ebook readers that were available on Palm.
    08-05-13 06:59 AM
    Don't call me silly but if you're interested in reading Ebooks, why buying such a small screen ?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:14 AM
    Don't call me silly but if you're interested in reading Ebooks, why buying such a small screen ?

Posted via CB10
    Good question. The answer is that the phone isn't primarily going to be an ebook reader. My phone is very much a communications gadget, and my 9930 was unbeatable for that. I'm hoping for the same experience with the Q10. Sitting in airports and on airplanes is about the most boring thing you can do. Although O'Hare is a great girl-watching place . The phone is big enough to read reasonably comfortably, although a tablet is better, but when I'm traveling short trips - as is common for me - I travel as light as humanly possible. If I can I carry nothing more than a change of clothes and a phone, and layovers are short enough that a small screen is OK.

If the trip will be at all long I will carry a ThinkPad 2 windows tab, since I can get looney toons on that
    08-05-13 07:19 AM
    Indeed Berrywizard, the screen of the Q10 is too small to read books properly, but it can be done. I for one, only use it for "emergencies " when there's nothing else to do. I prefer my Note 2 or tablet to read an ebook and surely not the Q10.

CB10 - Q10
    08-05-13 07:22 AM
    I bought a Verizon Q10 from Amazon. It is running 10.1 and quite stable.
    08-05-13 10:51 AM
    Verizon Q10 here also running fine.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 11:41 AM
    I've been able to read just fine. Sometimes I use my PlayBook, but the Q10 is much lighter.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 11:44 AM
    Q10 is fine to read on. I use Kindle side loaded and changed the view so the letters are white and the background is back; it's easier on the eyes. I still suggest using the side loaded Kindle app. It runs perfectly for me.

Posted via my Q10
    08-05-13 05:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Best tool for a job is the one in your hand - if you have the phone with you and fancy a read, why not?

Kindle sideloaded does the job beautifully for me - I would prefer to read longer term on a tablet, but now I don't need to go out 'tooled up' on the off chance I might get an opportunity to read - I have the option if i fancy it.
    locke7 likes this.
    08-05-13 05:41 PM