Hello,
    I am using Apple email and when I read it on my Q10, I notice on my mac that it still shows as unread.

Is there a way to get the Q10 to mark it read on the server?
    10-21-14 07:33 AM
    Is it ActiveSync or IMAP? If so, then yes.

When you set up and email on a BB10 device, under Advanced Options, you have Sync Interval. If you read it on your device, after that interval, it will tell the server "that message is read, mark it read". Server will send that to all other clients.

Default is 30 minutes. If your client on the Mac can handle the server command, then all you have to do is:

a) wait for the default time elapse and hit refresh;
    b) change the interval
    10-21-14 07:50 AM
    If you use an IMAP server, it's linked to your sync interval :
    Read email not marked read on server-img_20141021_122557.png
    If you use Gmail, you can also set Auto-Expunge On in the IMAP settings.
    10-21-14 07:57 AM
    Thanks,
    I did not know that. It is set to 30 minutes.
    Love my Q10
    10-21-14 08:00 AM
    Finally someone else has finally reported this problem. I'm not sure why BlackBerry can't get with the times and insta push/receive changes to the mail server like most of the other modern email clients out there.

This is only a BlackBerry issue it doesn't happen on Android or iOS. It doesn't happen on the BlackBerry PlayBook either.

Posted via my Q10
    10-21-14 08:16 AM
    Finally someone else has finally reported this problem. I'm not sure why BlackBerry can't get with the times and insta push/receive changes to the mail server like most of the other modern email clients out there.

This is only a BlackBerry issue it doesn't happen on Android or iOS. It doesn't happen on the BlackBerry PlayBook either.

Posted via my Q10
    It is an efficiency feature. Saving changes up, and making as many as you can at once reduces bandwidth and battery consumption. If you want it to happen faster, reduce the sync time on any services that provide push mail delivery.
    10-21-14 08:27 AM
    And I must add it's why IMAP is better for mobile platform than POP. And this sync is for read/unread/delete state ; new emails are pushed immediately as usual.
    10-21-14 01:24 PM
    And I must add it's why IMAP is better for mobile platform than POP. And this sync is for read/unread/delete state ; new emails are pushed immediately as usual.
    Yup everyone else does it right except for BlackBerry. I don't buy the efficiency thing even with things like screen brightness it still let's the user dictate auto adjust and manual adjust. Also as I said the playbook supports push on state change.

As does every other modern mobile mail client.

Posted via my Q10
    10-21-14 07:59 PM
    Yup everyone else does it right except for BlackBerry. I don't buy the efficiency thing even with things like screen brightness it still let's the user dictate auto adjust and manual adjust. Also as I said the playbook supports push on state change.

As does every other modern mobile mail client.

Posted via my Q10
    So the market has options, and users have choices.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 08:10 PM