I'm really struggling with this Q10 - it's running OS 10.3.1.1565 (on an SQN100-3). I'm on the EE network (UK 4G).

It keeps turning the Mobile Network off - and also the wifi off. The wifi config complains that it had an error and has stopped retrying - the mobile network is just turned off completely and I'm now missing calls. I can't re-establish wifi connection until I bounce the phone completely and even then the mobile network remains off until I manually go back in and turn it back on again.

I'm also finding that I have to keep logging back into the BB network (my password is being lost on the handset?) all the time; this is since the major OS makeover of around a month or two ago. The radio disabling has happened before on the earlier OS incarnations but it's worsened since recent updates were applied.

I can't ascertain any consistent pattern or behaviour, the turning off behaviour seems to be random and a pot-luck exercise: I can't be sure if I'm missing calls or not. It's not happening every day either,. seems to be worse overnight.

I can't tell what is turning these transceivers off nor am I aware of any logging data that I can query - this is actually really dangerous, I'm missing out on calls and texts now, can anyone advise what I should do?
    04-08-15 11:24 AM
    One thing you might want to check is if the device rebooted itself because of a poor battery connection. What does the device manager say in regards to the boot time?

settings> about
    04-08-15 11:31 AM
    Thanks Rustybronco - I can't see any reference boot times in the settings>about field set (I tried all of the sub-screens) - I have just restarted the device to get it on the network at all so I probably hampered any readings from there. The device was in a "as left" state though - windows and apps that were open before were still on screen, it was just suddenly offline. It's been doing this quite a bit now actually but it's so inconsistent in its behaviour.
    04-08-15 11:37 AM
    This is probably just reaching at straws on my part, but do you have any android apps open or any errant app for that matter and if so, can you stop or close the processes one at a time to see if the wifi stays active.

04-08-15 12:20 PM
    I've never actually side-loaded anything on this phone - just a few stock apps from BB World, nothing that was running apart from "Battery Lover". Between this and my first post here the system did a minor update - it came back up with both wifi and the radio down. I can turn on the radio but the wifi authentication continues to fail.... The boot time is reflecting the post-update restart. I'm going to bounce the phone again to see if I can now authenticate to the network but it seems the problem continues.

Oh and it's lost my BB authentication details yet again - the password needs to be re-entered yet again...
    04-08-15 02:12 PM
    curious - I'm wondering if its continual loss of those login details is significant - after entering that in (and authenticating via 4G) it is now letting me fire up and connected to the wifi network with its stored credentials.
    04-08-15 02:15 PM
    Between this and my first post here the system did a minor update - it came back up with both wifi and the radio down.

Oh and it's lost my BB authentication details yet again - the password needs to be re-entered yet again...
    I guess you could spend a whole lot of time removing this or that trying to find out the root (route?) cause of your problem, but If you have little to reconfigure on your phone, personally, I would select a known good 10.X.X. variant for your model , backup what you have, remove any sim/micro-sd cards, log your BB I.D. and crank an autoloader down its throat.

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...3dTocYhTwQn6io
    04-08-15 02:39 PM
    Yes I've never been that adventurous with this device - I treated it more along the appliance lines (just a free time issue for me, too many other devices chewing me up!). I hadn't changed the app load at all - though I seem to currently be in a strange cycle of attempting to apply this latest update and it doesn't seem to apply (though doesn't indicate this) - 10.3.1.1779 has been pushed to it and it keeps downloading and applying over and over again but the phone shows the previous version. I'll look at this other option you show here, that may be my only option... ;-(
    04-08-15 04:13 PM