I'm about to help someone set their Q10 up, which is set to arrive later this week, and I'm wondering what OS AT&T has pushed out as official as of right now.
    Some quick forums searching says that 10.2 isn't even out yet, not to mention 10.2.1.xxx... please tell me it's not true.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 05:43 PM
    OS 10.1.0.2121 (SW 10.1.0.2030)

About the only OS older than that currently being pushed by a major carrier is their Z10 OS.
    03-05-14 06:32 PM
    Well that's seriously depressing.
    Then again, the rep I met in store this weekend was only almost as bad as the Verizon one across the hall... he claimed they were out of business and that AT&T no longer carried the phones. Of course, he changed his mind when I contradicted him, and he let us know that they could be purchased online.
    In case you were interested, the Verizon rep informed me that they were purchased by Lenovo.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:39 PM
    Well that's seriously depressing.
    Then again, the rep I met in store this weekend was only almost as bad as the Verizon one across the hall... he claimed they were out of business and that AT&T no longer carried the phones. Of course, he changed his mind when I contradicted him, and he let us know that they could be purchased online.
    In case you were interested, the Verizon rep informed me that they were purchased by Lenovo.

Posted via CB10
    I've gotten used to stories like this where carriers/salesmen lie to the consumers to make them stop complaining about something, stop them asking a question, or to make them buy an Android/iPhone.

I'd get your friend the 10.2.1 update through Sachesi. Don't make them wait for AT&T. Keep in mind though that since it isn't your phone you should be extra careful so that you don't break it!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    03-05-14 10:23 PM
    I've gotten used to stories like this where carriers/salesmen lie to the consumers to make them stop complaining about something, stop them asking a question, or to make them buy an Android/iPhone.

I'd get your friend the 10.2.1 update through Sachesi. Don't make them wait for AT&T. Keep in mind though that since it isn't your phone you should be extra careful so that you don't break it!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    I don't think most folks will go with non at&t carrier os due to possible warranty issues and listing of some post install problems with this approach on crackberry.com - enough to make many people pause before trying it. kind of like side loading. I do wish at&t would get off the dime on this.
    03-06-14 02:43 PM
    I got my AT&T Q10 (my 4th Blackberry phone), which I ordered on-line, after dealing with the AT&T Store Sales Rep's BS and attempt to steer me to an iPhone or Android platform phone, and it is working great.

I upgraded the OS to 10.2.1.2102 without any issues. I do have to say that I thought that I bricked it, after accidently wiggling the USB cable at 27% write, but the boot loader appears to be independant of the OS, similar to the relationship of a computer's BIOS to the OS. I started the process again. Completed. No issues.

The only thing was high battery drain for the first 48 hours. Since then, it has been wonderful.
    03-09-14 09:58 PM
    I have two Q10s. One is locked to at&t on contract, the other unlocked and using a prepaid at&t SIM. The one locked to the network has not received a notification to 10.2.1; the other (unlocked and won through the Keys To The City Sweepstakes) was pushed a notification OTA of the 10.2.1 update (weeks ago) and functions beautifully (on said update).

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 02:07 AM