I had recently officially updated the OS version 10.2.1.537 on my Q10 device. SQN-100-3 today.

Is it possible to replace the new phone call screen to the old phone call screen with two bar files? And will it work or not?

Sys.phone.bar

and

Sys.phone-settings.bar

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 06:17 PM
    I have been on a leaked .1925 version for a few months now and wishing for this. !
    01-28-14 06:23 PM
    I'm holding off in the update myself in hopes there is a work around for this. I don't like the look of the new screen at all.
    Also, I heard the Porsche clock workaround is also gone for z10 users. I think there is a work around for this one though.
    01-28-14 06:28 PM
    I suppose it's not impossible but I recall seeing an official commentary that compatibility issues won't allow the old phone screen to work on this update

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 06:30 PM
    I suppose it's not impossible but I recall seeing an official commentary that compatibility issues won't allow the old phone screen to work on this update

Posted via CB10
    Oh well... I'll try it out. after that with testing of course, I'll let you know if it works or not.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 06:36 PM
    I had recently officially updated the OS version 10.2.1.537 on my Q10 device. SQN-100-3 today.

Is it possible to replace the new phone call screen to the old phone call screen with two bar files? And will it work or not?

Sys.phone.bar

and

Sys.phone-settings.bar

Posted via CB10
    Try it and let us know? That would be my recommendation.
    born_mod likes this.
    01-28-14 06:38 PM
    I've tried out and no luck. As result: Fail.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 09:45 PM
    I'd just gotten used to answering the phone with the bar! And why they made it swipe to left to answer I'll never know. But, those are minor things. I like the flashlight and the ability to see the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 01:12 AM
    Guys, I was with you, I liked the old answer method, and it fit with the gestures, pull down to answer and flick up to reject, just like flicking up to minimize an app, you're flicking up to get rid of the call. However, I kind of realized WHY it changed and why changing it back would not work. The old way didn't have room for the reply now feature... I liked someone's idea to make the answer bar drag in 4 directions, like down to answer, up to reject, and left and right would do other things like maybe right will go to reply now, or something like that, but thinking about that, I think sometimes if you accidentally swipe it diagonally or not perfectly straight you might do the wrong thing...
    NtotheK likes this.
    01-29-14 01:55 AM
    I agree. I personally had send a mail request to BlackBerry for an option of swiping phone calls..

Because this new method looks like a android interface and so cheap.

Posted via CB10
    JustAnimazing likes this.
    01-29-14 05:30 AM
    plzzz let me also know if v cud change the calling screen to the previous one... bcz the new 1 is irritating.... i jst hate my phone for that calling screen....
    02-02-14 04:08 AM
    I actually liked the concept of the old call screen, but it was much more inconsistent than the new one. I noticed I had to swipe multiple times to answer a call on the old screen. I liked the concept, but hated the inconsistencies. The new one zworks perfectly for me.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    02-02-14 04:21 AM
    I'd just gotten used to answering the phone with the bar! And why they made it swipe to left to answer I'll never know. But, those are minor things. I like the flashlight and the ability to see the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Where is the flashlight?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 05:38 AM
    Where is the flashlight?

Posted via CB10
    Settings---Quick Settings

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 09:02 AM
    I've gotten used to the new one and have started to like it somewhat. But at first I wanted the old one back. The reply now and mute buttons are helpful.

Does anyone have a screen shot of the old BBOS incoming call screen? Maybe they ought to make is look/act a bit similar to that. Because I agree the new one looks a bit Androidy, and I can't stand Android-look.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 10:52 AM
    I totally feel the sentiment. The old call screen was unique and I never had problems answering a call. But, that was the problem. So many people complained about not being able to answer a call that it was scrapped for something more mainstream. As for wondering why the answer is on the left and the hang up is on the right, just go take a look at your old BlackBerry phone and the answer is clear. I hope that BlackBerry might one day redesign the old call screen to accommodate the auto answer features and then allow us a choice of one or the other. That would be great. I would really like to see the next major OS update to give us more custom options. That would be great. Cheers guys. For now you might have to just live with it. It's not that bad really. But the old way was unique and I miss it too.

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-02-14 11:03 AM
    I've gotten used to the new one and have started to like it somewhat. But at first I wanted the old one back. The reply now and mute buttons are helpful.

Does anyone have a screen shot of the old BBOS incoming call screen? Maybe they ought to make is look/act a bit similar to that. Because I agree the new one looks a bit Androidy, and I can't stand Android-look.

Posted via CB10
    BBOS had hard answer button, so wouldn't be able to do that on BB10...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-02-14 11:13 AM
    I did not like the bar. I could never get it to slide down. Maybe it was me.

Like the new way to answer
    anon(1723145) likes this.
    02-02-14 09:04 PM
    I did not like the bar. I could never get it to slide down. Maybe it was me.

Like the new way to answer
    Nope, I felt the same way. The 10.1 phone app didn't work well for me at all.
    02-02-14 10:02 PM
    Questions about phone call screen?-img_20140202_233424.png

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 10:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    On Legacy devices, the answer button was on the left as you look at the BlackBerry. That's why you swipe left.
    02-02-14 10:51 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140202_233424.png 
Views:	1561 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	244501

Posted via CB10
    Sorry. I don't agree about Mr. Clewley's statement and his opinion about it's nessasary to change phone call screen interface.

Based on complexity of having both phone call screens for an option doesn't mean they cannot develop the feature for all end users. BlackBerry has plenty of time for innovation. It's a must if they wanna grow big in all markets. It's not the end of the world or something.

So what if it's complicated of having both phone call screens.

I mean ahh come on.. at least they can try developing an option for good sake.

Like they did with the light- and dark theme backgronds early back in the days as an example.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 02-04-14 at 03:34 AM.
    02-03-14 03:25 AM
    Back from the beginning when BlackBerry 10 was released last year of 2013.

BlackBerry presented the old incoming call screen which was very unique, phenominal and a succes back then. No other telephone companies has done it except BlackBerry.

Now a year later they decided to change the incoming phone call screen.

Let me ask you two questions before you all can answer,

1. Why had BlackBerry didn't released with the OS BB10 incoming phone call screen interface the opposite way (From the new to the old instead of the old to the new) to begin with?

2. Is a request for an option too much difficult to ask to develop?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 02-04-14 at 03:35 AM.
    02-03-14 03:55 AM
    I hate the new screen with a passion.
    Having to move my thumb from right to left to pick up a call is a totally unnatural finger movement that makes me feel like having to dislocate a joint.
    In fact I have to use both hands now to accept or reject.
    What a joke. Moving the thumb up/down felt much more natural and allowed for single handed operation.
    There would have been much smarter ways to improve usability of the old call answer screen than this. Fail!

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin and CDM76 like this.
    02-03-14 03:58 AM
    You guys will get over it! Hey I miss the old one too, is was nice and something different. I'm guessing we are the ones in the minority and I get they are trying to create uniformity. Nice bonus of having instant reply and mute buttons now too! :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 11:45 AM
54 123