I have a Q 10 and a 9900. I would really like to carry my 9900 around on wet crappy days at work and save my Q10.

I am with Rogers ,I tried to swap sim cards between phones but they are different sizes. Is there a work around for this? Is there another way to do this? Thanks guys.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 11:46 PM
    Hi there, I see many micro to mini sim adapters on ebay...
    03-26-14 11:53 PM
    I have a Q 10 and a 9900. I would really like to carry my 9900 around on wet crappy days at work and save my Q10.

I am with Rogers ,I tried to swap sim cards between phones but they are different sizes. Is there a work around for this? Is there another way to do this? Thanks guys.

Posted via CB10
    Is the 9900 sim bigger?
    03-26-14 11:53 PM
    Yes it is quite bigger. I wonder if rogers sells them?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:15 AM
    Hi there, I see many micro to mini sim adapters on ebay...
    Use of SIM adapters is highly discouraged as it can damage your SIM tray.

Posted via Z10
    03-27-14 02:02 AM
    I use an adapter in my q10 for my nano Sim. I've never had any trouble with it. I wouldn't recommend frequently taking them in and out though.
    03-27-14 03:30 AM
    The other option is to take the smaller Sim and trace it on some paper. Note: you will want something solid like bristol board

Use this as a template and cut the larger Sim to the same dimensions as the smaller one and voila it should fit.

If you want a working Sim that's another story.
    03-27-14 07:43 AM
    The other option is to take the smaller Sim and trace it on some paper. Note: you will want something solid like bristol board

Use this as a template and cut the larger Sim to the same dimensions as the smaller one and voila it should fit.

If you want a working Sim that's another story.
    I need the reverse though. The 9900 sim is larger than the Q10 one.

I was just looking to swap Sims when I was going to be working in bad conditions to lessen the chances of ruining Mt new phone. no simple solution I guess.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:16 AM
    I would suggest an adapter as others have mentioned.
    I need the reverse though. The 9900 sim is larger than the Q10 one.

I was just looking to swap Sims when I was going to be working in bad conditions to lessen the chances of ruining Mt new phone. no simple solution I guess.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:34 AM
    You can use the microSIM to SIM adaoter as has been suggested, but be aware that it may get stuck in your SIM tray and damage contsct pins when trying to get it out. I'd recommend a simple workaround just for safety reasons - secure the microSIM inside the adapter with a little piece of scotch tape, it makes the junction smooth so it won't get stuck on pins, just make sure that the chip is still uncovered and in contact with pins.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:50 AM
    You can use the microSIM to SIM adaoter as has been suggested, but be aware that it may get stuck in your SIM tray and damage contsct pins when trying to get it out. I'd recommend a simple workaround just for safety reasons - secure the microSIM inside the adapter with a little piece of scotch tape, it makes the junction smooth so it won't get stuck on pins, just make sure that the chip is still uncovered and in contact with pins.

Posted via CB10
    OK thanks. I will give that a try. This stuff is fairly new to me so just trying to be safe.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:56 AM
    You'd have to call your carrier everytime you swapped the sim's from the Q10 <-> 9900 too because the 9900 uses BIS and the Q10 doesn't.
    03-27-14 02:34 PM
    You'd have to call your carrier everytime you swapped the sim's from the Q10 <-> 9900 too because the 9900 uses BIS and the Q10 doesn't.
    Not necessarily. Depends on how the carrier handles BIS/BES plans. They may keep the BlackBerry data plan in tact even when you switch to BlackBerry 10 which doesn't need it. I still have a BlackBerry data plan even though I haven't needed it for over a year (since being on BlackBerry 10). Every carrier handles those situations a bit differently though.
    03-27-14 09:30 PM
    Well I went and picked up a sim adapter. Put it in the 9900 and everything works great. I was getting worried it wouldn't work.

Boy that 9900 seems like a turtle after using my Q10 for almost a year.

Thanks for your help guys you save the day again...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 11:53 PM
    how did you find using the track pad vs the full touch, and no track pad? (just thinking about the q20 classic, et al)
    03-30-14 05:42 AM
    I like the track pad for the odd little thing, but to be honest it slows me down. BB10 is much faster for me.

Not sure what is up with my plan, but the 9900 works fine and I just swapped in the sim card. I've only ever used BlackBerry for the last 7 years or so, so I'm fairly used to it. It is also a step back in the screen when trying to use BBM and other apps. It will work fine for what I'm using it for.

I honestly don't see myself being one that will be looking at the new track pad phone. It would have to be something special to switch me back.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:47 AM
    Call your carrier and ask for a dual SIM. It might cost you a little, but you'll never have to swap SIM cards again. Just shut down the device you won't be using and all is well.
    03-30-14 11:09 AM
    Call your carrier and ask for a dual SIM. It might cost you a little, but you'll never have to swap SIM cards again. Just shut down the device you won't be using and all is well.
    Didn't know you could do that. I will ask and see if I can. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:13 PM
    I do use my 9900 with a Q10 sim many times actually, and I don't even use the sim adaptor. Simply insert the smaller sim in the 9900 sim bay slowly, making sure it's properly aligned. Keep it going until u have only a small gap between its end and the edge of the sim bay. Works every time for me. I can send a photo if you want. Used an adaptor once or twice and it was very hard to remove etc, so I don't advise it either.
    04-06-14 11:58 PM
    Sim adaptor?

Via Q10
    04-07-14 12:07 AM