Hello people of Crackberry,

I bought an Unlocked white Q10 off ebay and got it yesterday it is an international phone with no carrier logos, so it should work on all carriers. Im switching from and Iphone so i needed a new sim card. I took it to Verizon to get it activated and they told me they couldn't activate it because the serial number couldn't be found and the phone couldn't be used with them. I put my girlfriends AT&T sim card in there and she was able to use it. I know the Verizon associates has a reputation of not knowing what they are talking about. So idk how to activate it. Should i return it? please help!!
    02-09-14 02:17 PM
    Verizon/Sprint run on different frequency bands and are CDMA. Tmobile/ATT are GSM. If it is unlocked and from another country chances are it's GSM.

You may be able to get it to work on verizon but prob not 4g LTE

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:27 PM
    Your Iphone uses a big sim card, yes? So, you need a mirco sim for the Q10. Your service provider should send you such a micro sim card, you keep your phone number normally. You can find the serial number in settings: device, os, ...
    Was the phone completely factory reset when you got it? Anyway, I'm just guessing away here and keeping all possibilities open.

CB10 - Q10
    02-09-14 02:29 PM
    i think youre right. i checked the mobile network settings and they only have the option for GSM
    02-09-14 04:56 PM
    Sadly if your stuck with verizon for awhile your best bet is to return the one you got and buy a verizon version.

They still come internationally unlocked, but just on CDMA networks.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 05:04 PM