I am trying to download to my laptop the Blackberry Link and it was successful--except where is says to sign in--when I click that it gives me an error- "unable to sign in to your Blackberry ID. Confirm you are connected to the Internet and try again".
    I am connected to the internet(that is how I downloaded it) and I am trying to get the window to pop up to allow me to type in my blackberry id and password-but I can't even get that far.
    I have a Windows 7 laptop, and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and still nothing is working to make it realize I really am connected to the internet--can anyone help? What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much!
    07-05-13 02:37 PM
    You're not doing anything wrong, BlackBerry Link just sucks. It'll work when it wants to, not when you want it to.
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    07-05-13 02:41 PM
    Try uninstalling blackberry desktop manager if you have one installed.
    07-05-13 09:12 PM
    I'm slightly confused, why do you need to sign in to BlackBerry Link with your BlackBerry ID. Once Link is downloaded, you should be able to plug your phone in and go from there.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10. Best damn phone on the planet. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds...
    07-05-13 10:28 PM
    I didn't have to sign in. Maybe you signed in with the beta program? I downloaded it but haven't installed it yet. And, yes, like DM, Link has its drawbacks. I like some features but then other features are missing.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:34 PM
    I'm slightly confused, why do you need to sign in to BlackBerry Link with your BlackBerry ID. Once Link is downloaded, you should be able to plug your phone in and go from there.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10. Best damn phone on the planet. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds...
    When I installed BlackBerry link originally prior to the now most current updated version, I had to enter my BlackBerry id duringthe initial setup process accessing bb link for the first time!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 01:12 AM
    Everything now w orks with Blackberry ID. whether its downloading Link, or BlackBerry World, you have to use your BlackBerry ID for security. Its also on one central screen when you log on, so you can log on once and go from downloads to AppWorld from one location, or separately if you wish.
    07-12-13 09:28 AM