Currently I have the Q10 and I noticed that every time I add a new contact it duplicates itself. For example if I add "Johnny" as a new contact, I'll have 2 contacts of "Johnny". The first is stored under Local Sim and the second is stored under Gmail (which I prefer). How can I disable adding new contacts under Local Sim? It's frustrating that each time I add a contact I'd have to remove the Local Sim contact. Prior to the Q10 I had the Z10 and never had this issue. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:07 PM
    Not sure why your Z didn't do that since is an OS thing, unless you didn't have 10.1 on your Z yet. Either way, it's doing that because they are contacts from a completely different account and you need to link them. Not sure what phone you had prior to this one but it is like that with every phone I can think of unless there was a setting somewhere to change that. But since this isn't a WP or Android, I think you're left with saving to sim as you default. I know my windows phone had I had the same thing happen and had to either delete the extra number or link the two.

WP also had another trick under its hat. Sometimes if you reset your phone and download your windows live contacts again, instead of just creating duplicates within the contact list, it would only have one name but actually be storing duplicates. Translation, when you delete a contact on WP, it asks you which account you want it deleted from and when deleting old numbers I started to notice that the windows live account was in there 5 times. I never knew it was a duplicate because it just took all 5 of them and lumped them under one title. This sounds like giberish I know but anyone who has had a WP knows what I'm talking about.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:32 PM
    Must be a setting somewhere. I just added a test contact and it put it on my live.com account. Only one entry not on the sim card.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:38 PM
    It happened to me too, after I added all of my contacts, I go to setting> accounts> click on 3 dots> clear local contacts after that no more duplicate contacts.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:43 PM
    It happened to me too, after I added all of my contacts, I go to setting> accounts> click on 3 dots> clear local contacts after that no more duplicate contacts.

Posted via CB10
    Sweet, I'd been wondering about that, too, but hadn't gotten around to fixing it... and that did the trick! Thanks, Ai Giez!

Posted via Q10
    Ai Giez likes this.
    06-23-13 09:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much! That did the trick!
    06-24-13 12:21 AM
    It seems the phone adds the contact to all contact lists on the phone. I have two email accounts so I notice it adds to both and local as well. If I create a contact with a first and last name then they link automatically. Contacts don't link if it's just a first name only.

Thanks for the tip on clearing local contacts though.

Posted via my Q10 using CB10
    06-24-13 01:04 AM