Hello,
    I'm qwerty keypad user and I'm using blackberry since 2003, I used all my BlackBerry, I'm thing to replace the small screen with larger one

Is ot good to go from q to z30

What's your advice as I feel like passport will be huge size in my hand and classic is step back coz of hdmi

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 11:18 AM
    Do you actually have a real passport? If you do, hold it as you would a Bold 9900. It should give you the idea of how a BlackBerry Passport sizes up.

I love my Z30 and have been fine with typing on glass since the Z10. I suggest you try to find the devices in stores (could be hard depending on where you are) to do a hands on.

But yeah, Z30 or Passport. You can't really go wrong with those.
    01-28-15 11:34 AM
    When I switched back to blackberry I bought both the z10 and q10 at the same time. Of course I went straight to the q10 and I really liked It then after a couple of months I gave the z10 a try and I was like wow this thing is bad a** but I couldn't stand the horrible battery life , then I started to hear about the z30 so I bought one of those and sold my q10. the battery life on the z30 just awesome every thing it does is just awesome, I loaded the 10.3 leak and loved it even more, add a TV monitor, bluetooth keyboard and mouse and you pretty much don't need a computer. except for one thing I've come to realize that I just can't stand carrying around a big phone.
    I like the size of the q10 and the battery last all day even with heavy use so I bought another q10 and that's what I use as my every day phone now. And now I use my z30 as a tablet.
    Just one more thing if the battery was better on the z10 it would be a great compromise because you would have the bigger screen size and an overall size closer to the q10.

Posted via CB10
    kayuz6 likes this.
    01-28-15 12:24 PM
    This ist my first BlackBerry, I liked Palm treo very much had to change to Android over Sony Ericssons P900 to HTC Hero and on the end Sony Xperia Z1. This was to oversized. So I returned to basics. The only smartphone with physical keyboard is Q10. So I get a follower of BlackBerry since 3 weeks :-)
    The keyboard runs your decision.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 12:32 PM
    I had a Q10 and went to a Z30 that didn't last long I couldn't make the right connection to stay with it. I was thinking about the passport and thought the same thing that it was to wide then the Classic felt like a step back! But I ended up taking the step back and boy it was the best step back I have ever taken the keyboard is fantastic. One plus for me using the track pad I don't have to touch the screen as much which makes me happy because less fingerprints to worry about, I don't know why but every time I put a screen protector on a bb10 device it messes up the flow. Well good luck with you and which phone you decide to get

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 12:39 PM
    I went from a Z30 to a Passport to a Q10 because I wanted a smaller, lighter and arguably more durable (vs the Z30 atleast) device with a removable battery to get my work done.

It took me a day or so to get used to the smaller square screen but I love it now and I would not go back to anything larger as my daily driver, the square screen is a trade off I gladly make to have a more comfortable typing experience.

For pure media consumption the Z30 has a more appropriate screen but for business and some occasional media consumption on the side the Q10 is better IMHO it also has a removable battery which is handy if you are a road warrior or just want to be safe.

I own the Z10 and Passport also the Z10 has a really poor battery life and I have to carry around 3 spare batteries to make it through a whole day which is out of the question for me as well as putting a larger battery in it and making the device much more bulkier in the process.
    The Passport was just to large for my liking and I think the Classic will be to big for me also on top of that it is twice the price of the Q10 for basically the same specifications so the Q10 offers much better value, I'd rather buy two Q10's and have one spare then buy a Classic.
    Last edited by Fractional Reserver; 01-28-15 at 10:31 PM.
    01-28-15 06:26 PM
    I love hearing all you people talking about the decisions that I torture myself over daily... I just got a Classic switching from a Verizon Z30 and while I like it, I miss "flicking". I became so good at it that the physical keyboard seems slow. It has only been a few days. I also thought the Z30 was a little big and I was going to try the Z10 but that seems like such a step backwards... Maybe a Leap??? Who knows??? I don't think I will ever stop swapping phones
    03-22-15 07:08 AM
    IMHO, both phones (Q10 & Z30) are in their own class with a "bit" of a tweak here & there depending how you use them.

Technically these are where the Q10 are against the Z30:-

Resolution:- 720 x 720 pixels (720 x 1280pixels)
    Pixel Density:- 330ppi (295 ppi)
    Weight:- 139g (170g)
    Screen size:- 3.1 inch (5.0 inch)
    Processor:- Dual Core, 1500 MHz, Krait
    (Dual Core, 1700 MHz, Krait)
    Graphics Processor:- Adreno 225 (Adreno 320)
    Storage Expansion:- Micro SD up to 32 GB
    Micro SD up to 64 GB
    Battery Capacity:- 2100 mAh (2880 mAh)
    Type:- QWERTY with touchscreen UI
    Full touchscreen UI

The rest are similar from being Super AMOLED screen, front & back camera, runs on OS 10.3, has HDMI, etc.

What really should come into mind how one uses it. Like most of them in the forum mentioned using the Q10 as the daily driver whereas the Z30 more to tablet usage. Personally I would use the Q10 for my daily use because of the keyboard (my primary reason to have it) & the Z30 for more on the "lighter sides" of things - gaming (better processor for smoother gameplay) & media playing - video (the Q10 has a square screen so, go figure).

Do choose wisely. I know I did.

Whatever it takes... Q10
    03-22-15 08:12 AM
    IMHO, both phones (Q10 & Z30) are in their own class with a "bit" of a tweak here & there depending how you use them.

Technically these are where the Q10 are against the Z30:-

Resolution:- 720 x 720 pixels (720 x 1280pixels)
    Pixel Density:- 330ppi (295 ppi)
    Weight:- 139g (170g)
    Screen size:- 3.1 inch (5.0 inch)
    Processor:- Dual Core, 1500 MHz, Krait
    (Dual Core, 1700 MHz, Krait)
    Graphics Processor:- Adreno 225 (Adreno 320)
    Storage Expansion:- Micro SD up to 32 GB
    Micro SD up to 64 GB
    Battery Capacity:- 2100 mAh (2880 mAh)
    Type:- QWERTY with touchscreen UI
    Full touchscreen UI

The rest are similar from being Super AMOLED screen, front & back camera, runs on OS 10.3, has HDMI, etc.

What really should come into mind how one uses it. Like most of them in the forum mentioned using the Q10 as the daily driver whereas the Z30 more to tablet usage. Personally I would use the Q10 for my daily use because of the keyboard (my primary reason to have it) & the Z30 for more on the "lighter sides" of things - gaming (better processor for smoother gameplay) & media playing - video (the Q10 has a square screen so, go figure).

Do choose wisely. I know I did.

Whatever it takes... Q10
    What are your thoughts about the Classic? Worthy of a step up from the Q10??
    03-23-15 07:15 AM
    What are your thoughts about the Classic? Worthy of a step up from the Q10??
    Hello Bob,

Again, IMHO, the Classic is "a Q10 with (slightly) bigger screen with toolbelt...

... that's it.

I was a BIG fan of the toolbelt (coming from 9000 & 9790) but when the Q10 came out, it was more than a learning curve. The reason for the toolbelt be removed was to give way for the screen so one have "bigger" display to play with - so to speak.
    For example, if you're so used to drive an automatic car, you wouldn't opt for a manual gear shift ones (Toolbelt) . Somehow over time, it's mandatory to learn the manual gears (unless you change your car brand), so you have to learn the basics again (Q10 - gestures/ No Toolbelt). THEN, the car company decided to bring back the automatic gear as so to compensate those who can't/ won't migrate to the manual ones because of (fill in the blanks - honestly, different people has different skills set, so, no comment on this one) - Return of the Toolbelt - Classic...
    Problem is, the Q10 is such a (near) perfect phone that those who went thru all the tutorials to live without toolbelt has become comfortable with it as not to need the Toolbelt anymore. Like what the advertisements suggested, it is targeted for those from 9990 users who are still unwilling to upgrade to OS 10 because of the non-toolbelt factor on the Q10. I find it rather interesting. Really. From OS 7 to 10 is such a big leap for any BlackBerry users. I find it 1st hand coming from the 9790. ALL of us at the time thought that the Toolbelt was gone for good (I actually got frustrated my 1st glimpse of the Q10) which caters differently from users.
    Anyway... back to your question. The models speaks for itself. Back to Classic, I mean basic, sorry. With the Classic, you get a bigger screen - 0.4" bigger to be precise , expendable memory for SD card (microSDXC from 32gb to 128gb), bigger battery capacity - 2100 mAh vs 2515 mAh) & of course the external ones of 2 speakers for Classic (only 1 for Q10) + Corning Gorilla Glass to protect the screen. Then again, performance wise Q10 wins over pixel density - 330ppi vs 294ppi, the classic is on LCD with the Q10 on Super AMOLED - the black colour is really black/ dark - better battery consumption) , the Q10's battery is removable while the Classic is not and last but not least, the Q10 is lighter than the Classic by 29gms (139gm vs 178gm)

If, just if, the Classic 1st came out before the Q10, maybe, just maybe, I might stick to the Classic because of the specs are 89% identical... and if the Q10 came out just after that, I might be one of those dudes who refuse to live without the toolbelt (refer upper rant for info).

Like most Q10 users, they find the Classic to be a step backward from BlackBerry to "reintroduce" the toolbelt back to the so called BlackBerry loyalists. The thing is, most fanbase migrated to gestureland & just like it there. In Malaysia, the price of new unlocked BlackBerry Classic is in the range of MYR1600 (USD436.20) whilst a new Q10 one can get around MYR850 (USD231.75) . Personally, the Q10 is indeed a catch here. Paying double for a nearly similar spec's phones is just - crazy I guess. Again these are just my 2cents.
    My personal note on the Q10 is the so perfect position it is in my hand during typing, the nice glass-weave "carbon-fibre-like" back cover (similar to Z30s) - only for the Black ones, the white Q10s has similar rubbery plastic just like the Z10 & the stainless steel side panel which gives it that distinct look that its a BlackBerry (besides the oh-so-obvious-qwerty-keyboard of course) which I think the Passport embedded in their designs.
    I apologize for any Classic users out there if my rant sounded bias in any way. I'm a loyal BlackBerry users that enjoy the Q10 to the max. It fits me in so many ways that it's my daily driver besides er, my tablet (of other brand).
    If you're from a 9xxx series wanting to tryout the OS 10, by all means go for the Classic. If you do want to try something different (challenge maybe, heheheh) go for the Q10. I do hope BlackBerry can reincarnate the Q10 to a slighly different specs, upgraded software, better hardware - ram, processor but keep the size at it is, perhaps a slimmer size? I don't know.
    I do hope I answer your question. Please decide wisely. I know I did.

Whatever it takes... Q10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-23-15 09:27 AM
    Personally I'd say you will be more interested in the Q10 and the Passport then the BB touchscreen phones since you are an old BB user
    03-23-15 09:33 AM
    Personally I'd say you will be more interested in the Q10 and the Passport then the BB touchscreen phones since you are an old BB user
    You're right.

Whatever it takes... Q10
    03-23-15 09:44 AM
    Hello Bob,

Again, IMHO, the Classic is "a Q10 with (slightly) bigger screen with toolbelt...

... that's it.

I was a BIG fan of the toolbelt (coming from 9000 & 9790) but when the Q10 came out, it was more than a learning curve. The reason for the toolbelt be removed was to give way for the screen so one have "bigger" display to play with - so to speak.
    For example, if you're so used to drive an automatic car, you wouldn't opt for a manual gear shift ones (Toolbelt) . Somehow over time, it's mandatory to learn the manual gears (unless you change your car brand), so you have to learn the basics again (Q10 - gestures/ No Toolbelt). THEN, the car company decided to bring back the automatic gear as so to compensate those who can't/ won't migrate to the manual ones because of (fill in the blanks - honestly, different people has different skills set, so, no comment on this one) - Return of the Toolbelt - Classic...
    Problem is, the Q10 is such a (near) perfect phone that those who went thru all the tutorials to live without toolbelt has become comfortable with it as not to need the Toolbelt anymore. Like what the advertisements suggested, it is targeted for those from 9990 users who are still unwilling to upgrade to OS 10 because of the non-toolbelt factor on the Q10. I find it rather interesting. Really. From OS 7 to 10 is such a big leap for any BlackBerry users. I find it 1st hand coming from the 9790. ALL of us at the time thought that the Toolbelt was gone for good (I actually got frustrated my 1st glimpse of the Q10) which caters differently from users.
    Anyway... back to your question. The models speaks for itself. Back to Classic, I mean basic, sorry. With the Classic, you get a bigger screen - 0.4" bigger to be precise , expendable memory for SD card (microSDXC from 32gb to 128gb), bigger battery capacity - 2100 mAh vs 2515 mAh) & of course the external ones of 2 speakers for Classic (only 1 for Q10) + Corning Gorilla Glass to protect the screen. Then again, performance wise Q10 wins over pixel density - 330ppi vs 294ppi, the classic is on LCD with the Q10 on Super AMOLED - the black colour is really black/ dark - better battery consumption) , the Q10's battery is removable while the Classic is not and last but not least, the Q10 is lighter than the Classic by 29gms (139gm vs 178gm)

If, just if, the Classic 1st came out before the Q10, maybe, just maybe, I might stick to the Classic because of the specs are 89% identical... and if the Q10 came out just after that, I might be one of those dudes who refuse to live without the toolbelt (refer upper rant for info).

Like most Q10 users, they find the Classic to be a step backward from BlackBerry to "reintroduce" the toolbelt back to the so called BlackBerry loyalists. The thing is, most fanbase migrated to gestureland & just like it there. In Malaysia, the price of new unlocked BlackBerry Classic is in the range of MYR1600 (USD436.20) whilst a new Q10 one can get around MYR850 (USD231.75) . Personally, the Q10 is indeed a catch here. Paying double for a nearly similar spec's phones is just - crazy I guess. Again these are just my 2cents.
    My personal note on the Q10 is the so perfect position it is in my hand during typing, the nice glass-weave "carbon-fibre-like" back cover (similar to Z30s) - only for the Black ones, the white Q10s has similar rubbery plastic just like the Z10 & the stainless steel side panel which gives it that distinct look that its a BlackBerry (besides the oh-so-obvious-qwerty-keyboard of course) which I think the Passport embedded in their designs.
    I apologize for any Classic users out there if my rant sounded bias in any way. I'm a loyal BlackBerry users that enjoy the Q10 to the max. It fits me in so many ways that it's my daily driver besides er, my tablet (of other brand).
    If you're from a 9xxx series wanting to tryout the OS 10, by all means go for the Classic. If you do want to try something different (challenge maybe, heheheh) go for the Q10. I do hope BlackBerry can reincarnate the Q10 to a slighly different specs, upgraded software, better hardware - ram, processor but keep the size at it is, perhaps a slimmer size? I don't know.
    I do hope I answer your question. Please decide wisely. I know I did.

Whatever it takes... Q10
    God rationale man.

Bb10 makes the toolbelt superfluous. The q10 is the best looking and sized BlackBerry device made to date. That fiber weave back is special stuff. The all black stainless frame and the elegant clean front makes for one pro looking device. Classic with its matte silver looks weak compared to even the bold 9900. Too heavy. too big.

Posted via CB10
    kayuz6 likes this.
    03-23-15 09:57 PM
    God rationale man.

Bb10 makes the toolbelt superfluous. The q10 is the best looking and sized BlackBerry device made to date. That fiber weave back is special stuff. The all black stainless frame and the elegant clean front makes for one pro looking device. Classic with its matte silver looks weak compared to even the bold 9900. Too heavy. too big.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree more.

I was mere answering Bob's question btw. Can't believe I ranted as well. Heheehe

Whatever it takes... Q10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-23-15 10:59 PM
    Thank you for the thoughtful response. I currently ordered both the Classic AND Passport and giving them both a good test drive. I am on the Passport for the last few days after spending the weekend with the Classic.. Two totally different experiences and at least for today, I am leaning towards the Passport.... or I should return them both, save some dough and get a Q10......

The fact the you are a Blues fan give you an immense amount of respect with me!!!
    03-24-15 02:54 PM
    Hardly classic owners are disappointed with the phone. Specially those who came from Q10 to Classic they were all satisfied by all accounts reading posts over here. (even by specs being almost the same).
    Q10 is an amazing device, but if I gladly had the money I would've gone a step further to purchase a Classic, because of the toolbelt? Not only that, but because that looks good and I hardly heard complains on it. I don't know about the Z30, hence I returned to small screen phones and with keyboard I sort of lost the interest for big screen phones.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    03-24-15 04:44 PM
    That is one of my problems.... I would love a smaller phone when I am out and about... But when I am on a plane of a long car ride, I love the real estate of the Phablet.... I am sick of carrying two phones!
    03-24-15 05:23 PM
    God rationale man.

Posted via CB10
    well said
    I Like my Q10 exactly for the same reason, Everyone see it says: Oh wow, what an elegant and super nice phone.
    Blackberry's best desing is Q10
    03-24-15 06:06 PM
    I had both the classic and passport. The classic was the more disappointing of the two. Why? I had high expectations of the former.

For an integrated battery device you get none of its benefits namely reduced thickness and weight. the classic is as thick as the q10 and heavy to the point there surfing in bed becomes tiresome. Iphone 6 has solid battery life yet it's both light and thin. Wonderful.

Lcd ppi is noticeably worse than the Amoled q. The toolbelt is a half arsed integration as bb10 was designed to be free of it and u feel it. Some apps leverage some don't. Some screen leverage some don't. Saddies

Lastly the thing feels slower than the q10. it is markedly laggier than the passport.

What about the passport? Ergonomics r a joke. They made it diff just to be diff. Marketers had way too much say in the design. Super awkward to use. Puff puff pass.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:07 PM
    Thank you for the thoughtful response. I currently ordered both the Classic AND Passport and giving them both a good test drive. I am on the Passport for the last few days after spending the weekend with the Classic.. Two totally different experiences and at least for today, I am leaning towards the Passport.... or I should return them both, save some dough and get a Q10......

The fact the you are a Blues fan give you an immense amount of respect with me!!!
    Greetings Bob,

I'm glad you're giving both the Classic & Passport a test drive as it's the only way to see how they cater to your needs. BlackBerry flagship would be the Passport at the moment in term of specs & all.

Unfortunately I've yet tried the Passport. Seen the reviews & videos though. 1 thing came to mind was the 3-row qwerty keyboard with the touch-enabled features. I understand removing the toolbelt & the 1st row of the fret to make way for the screen, it's kinda awkward having the space bar in between the "V" & "B". It could be just me. Since it's touch sensitive, it should make the typing experience different (better?) than other keyboard BlackBerry of the past. Kinda revolutionary if you ask me. Hence, trackpad is never needed for the Passport. I do hope they make all BlackBerry devices after this with the same technology. Very innovative. With a bit of practise, one should get over it eventually. On the plus side, you get a bigger screen which translates the "Work Wide" tagline. The width could be a disadvantage for certain users with small hands. From what I've heard, 1-hand typing is certainly a challenge for the Passport. Other than that, the price tag is indeed - pricey. In Malaysia, the unlocked Passport priced at MYR 2060 (USD 563.61). Slightly more expensive than the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The battery life is the catch here. The Passport's battery (3450 mAh) will surely bring you through the day.
    I use the HDMI on a regular basis, having non HDMI output for the Passport is such a setback. Though you can use a slim port or miracast, connecting directly to the projector, laptop or the TV is such a hassle-free to me.
    That's my take for now. Just my 2 cents. The Passport is indeed the flagship for BlackBerry at the moment, with the rumoured Porsche Design for it coming soon (called Kian?). If budget's not an issue, go for the Passport & Z30. The Q10 is available on budget price as well on eBay. Oh yes, Blues all the way dude. The special one is back yes...

Whatever it takes... Q10
    anon(5061193) and stelvinov like this.
    03-24-15 08:50 PM
    Z30.
    03-25-15 12:43 AM
    Go for Z30 !

I have Q10 and it sucks big with new 10.3.1 !

Q10/SQN100-3
    03-25-15 01:57 PM
    Go for Z30 !

I have Q10 and it sucks big with new 10.3.1 !

Q10/SQN100-3
    My Q10 works great on that OS version.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Tab 4
    03-25-15 02:22 PM
    I am loving the Passport and liking the Classic..... The Problem is that if I keep the Passport I have to pay for it, and if I keep the Classic the company picks up the tab..... I do like the Passport better but I also like $500 extra dollars in my checking account also.... Such First World Problems
    03-25-15 03:38 PM
    The choice is yours dude. Choose wisely.

Whatever it takes... Q10
    03-25-15 11:57 PM
26 12