I bought the Q10 less than a week now. I took a few hours to get used to it and am still learning a couple of things about it but overall I like it.
    I am a BlackBerry person since my first 8300 and I like a physical keyboard. I was skeptical about a touch screen but am getting used to it.

Posted via CB10
    stratax likes this.
    08-18-13 07:35 AM
    If you don't need all the latest and greatest apps then yes it is! Hopefully developers start making apps for BB10 devices at a faster rate but until they know how sales are doing I believe they are taking the wait and see approach.

Posted via CB10
    stratax likes this.
    08-18-13 08:23 AM
    I've had my Q10 since July 10 - I also have a Note 2. I use them for different things. The Q10 mainly as an easily accessible phone/daily organiser. The Note as a pocket tablet for browsing, You tube videos, reading newspapers. I think the Q10 hss a lot of character really useful keyboard for texting, , networking. Twitter and the Hub are great. Put mine in a BB Fliptop case with an anti-glare screen protector. I cancel messages on the Q10, and they get deleted off the Note.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using CB Forums mobile app
    stratax likes this.
    08-18-13 08:29 AM
    If you want to have a phone with a certain touch of exclusiveness, a great keyboard, very solid build quality, a good and productive OS and a phenomenal battery time, then go ahead and buy one!

But if you can't live without showing people how big your no2 was today through Instagram, maybe an iPhone or Android device is the better choice.

As far as I can say, I'm very much pleased with my Q10 and I wouldn't want to exchange it against a boring Touchsreen device.

Posted via CB10
    stratax likes this.
    08-18-13 08:46 AM
    Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 09:52 AM
    I'm good with my Q10, I do miss some of the nice extras that my 9900 had like, copy, cut, paste - phone numbers entered in the calendar that you tap and use, lots of other neat little things but still love the Q10
    08-18-13 09:57 AM
    This *******-*** post has made me change my mind yet again and consider a Q10. I am seriously stuck between a Q10 and HTC One now. I still don't have my money to buy either yet so I will see how it goes. But if blackberry is going private, closing, or basically going completely underground, I will have to get a HTC.
    Please, don't.. I have owned a LOT of HTC's (they are beautiful, face it, but that is all really). I've had the G1, mytouch 3g, mytouch 3g slide, mytouch 4g, HTC HD7, HTC Amaze, Htc One S, and now the 8x. all made my HTC, all had a LOT of problems. mostly with the screen, and gaps between the creases (weird build quality). was at a local att and was so close to buying the One, look at the bottom and saw a pretty dense gap.. (wtf happened to their "gap-less/molded design"?). Other than that the phone looked pretty decent though, i just wouldn't risk it since i havent had any luck with them, unfortunately.

I will buy the Q10 when it comes out.
    08-18-13 08:00 PM
    I'm good with my Q10, I do miss some of the nice extras that my 9900 had like, copy, cut, paste - phone numbers entered in the calendar that you tap and use, lots of other neat little things but still love the Q10
    Do you know if any of these are coming in a future update?
    08-18-13 08:05 PM
    Copy, cut and paste do exist on the q10, just not with the trackpad and menu button. It is apparently difficult for some to master, but I switched back to BlackBerry after using the galaxy s2 and if you know how to work the copy and paste on android I think you'll be totally fine with the copy and paste on bb10. I've actually become very good at copying and pasting on my q10 and I do not miss the trackpad at all anymore. I think you said you are coming from android and windows phone so I'm pretty sure you'll be totally fine; Don't be deterred because of the people who are still longing for the trackpad. A lot of people cried when BlackBerry switched from the trackwheel to the trackball, but they got over it. Anyways, I'm absolutely loving my q10 and I'm pretty sure you will as well. Battery life is phenomenal, the physical keyboard is absolutely amazing, and I have all the main apps I need. Any apps I don't have I use my ipod touch for. Gps and BlackBerry maps navigation has been great for me (philadelphia area). In the end I hope you buy whatever phone fits your needs the most.

Posted via CB10
    stratax likes this.
    08-18-13 08:33 PM
    While I'm glad that BBRY has come out with a keyboard device, there are significant issues. First of all, I've used BlackBerrys since before they went to cellular.

I've used the trackwheel, the trackball, and the trackpad [a great improvement].

The Q10 has done a lot of great things, but in summary:

Taken away the trackpad - kills it for me

Taken away many of the keyboard shortcuts - hurts me

Prevented the user from deleting just the emails on the device - horrible

The device itself is nice, but without the trackpad and other keys that they eliminated, I really wish that the designers had just eliminated themselves. The 9900 is far and above the Q10 !!!
    08-18-13 08:57 PM
    I actually went and borrowed my friend unused 9900 for a week to test out by using it solely full time and really see if it's far and above Q10 as many old BlackBerry users have claimed...maybe I need more time to appreciate it but I really really can't find myself would ever want to use the OS and the screen, feel just way too 'backward' in so many ways (for me, that is). Now I am back to Q10 and wow what a day and night difference the 2 devices!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 10:19 PM
    While I'm glad that BBRY has come out with a keyboard device, there are significant issues. First of all, I've used BlackBerrys since before they went to cellular.

I've used the trackwheel, the trackball, and the trackpad [a great improvement].

The Q10 has done a lot of great things, but in summary:

Taken away the trackpad - kills it for me

Taken away many of the keyboard shortcuts - hurts me

Prevented the user from deleting just the emails on the device - horrible

The device itself is nice, but without the trackpad and other keys that they eliminated, I really wish that the designers had just eliminated themselves. The 9900 is far and above the Q10 !!!
    Well this is an opinion of a dedicated blackberry user from long ago. BlackBerry are now trying to attract much more than just those users.. including me, that is something you have to think about. I could see a person switching from a iphone 5 to a q10 much over a 9900 anyday, and i am sure you could agree. (i am not disagreeing with you in any way, dont take me wrong).
    08-19-13 09:24 AM
    • If you have the font larger than 9 you can only see the first two lines you type in a text message. Font 9 or smaller is fine.

• Some of my contacts will randomly disappear. I have added a couple of them more than once this week..

• Some of my word substitutions will disappear..

• Can't copy and paste more than one word at the time.

• Absence of the track pad makes websites with dropdown menus un-navigational

• If you zoom a page it becomes too "buggy" to move it around

These are the ones that come to mind right now but it seems like there are a few more.

These are not bugs but just things missing from OS 10 that I use daily on my OS 7 (which is the only thing keeping me from upgrading my 9810):

• Cant create groups in contacts

• Cant run headless apps like weather and color id

• My Facebook friends show up in my contacts even though I told it not to. (Not sure if it's a bug or an unchangeable feature in FB or BB - either way I didn't want all those contacts added to my phones contact list...)

• Emails are deleted from both the phone and the mailbox automatically without the choice

• No longer able to call someone directly from their text message

• No speed dials from keyboard

• Stock ringtones and message tones are awful

• The end call button is in the same location as the swipe up gesture needed to leave the phone screen and multi-task to check on an incoming text or email

• Screen way too dim for me

BUT I do love how fast the browser is and the most important new feature for me is the ability to use it as a hotspot and be able to talk on it at the same time. I like to go out of town or work "poolside" and this feature makes that possible for me. This and the new stuff coming in the next OS release is exciting.

The thing to remember is what is important to me may or may not be a big deal for you.
    You can call from the text message...if you press and hold on the contact name from their text messages, the side will pop up with option to call...I hear this issue being one of the functions that people claim not to be able to do but it is still there...just not done in the same way before as there was a phone key on the legacy devices

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    moody likes this.
    08-19-13 09:43 AM
    If you want a keyboard, there is no question that your only option is the Q10.

BB10 OS is clunky and the app selection is the pits but if you are seeking a device with email, phone, messaging and browsing capabilities, then I would recommend the Q10. Just keep your expectations in line with what you are seeking.

If price is your determining factor, you can get far more capable devices than the Q10 for the same price or lower. For a premium priced device, the Q10 has far too many limitations.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 09:57 AM
    I love my Q10. Before this I was using the Samsung Galaxy S2. The main things I wanted in a new phone was better call quality, better battery life, and something that will allow me to text, email, and do quick research. When it came down to switching carriers a couple of months ago it was down to the HTC One, iPhone 5, or the Z10. The HTC One though it had incredible sound and awesome screen the phone was too big for my liking. I honestly wasn't crazy about the Z10 it felt like a learning curve I wasn't quite ready to dive into. But when I saw the Q10 it was like love at first sight! I remember when I used to have the BlackBerry 8900 I loved that phone so much but the technology was so slow and I felt like I was paying too much monthly for the service. The Q10 is simply amazing and it has all the upgrades I was looking for compared to the 8900. The Q10 was a wise choice for me because it allows me to stay productive and doesn't offer the same distractions as the iPhone. I knew that if I had the iPhone I would just be playing candy crush all day lol

BBQ10
    08-19-13 10:06 AM
    Cons: smaller screen than most, small number of apps
    Pros: qwerty keyboard that makes conducting business, emails and texts enjoyable again;
    Smooth and intuitive OS
    Replaceable battery
    Cut and paste is not a chore

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 10:45 AM
    I would say it's still worth it. It's a great device in all aspects other than if you need a lot of apps etc.
    08-19-13 10:57 AM
    I would say it's still worth it. It's a great device in all aspects other than if you need a lot of apps etc.
    It will be interesting to see whether that changes once 10.2 gets pushed out to the masses. We're definitely going to continue to see more big names in the app world creating official releases in BlackBerry World, but we'll also have access to several new apps to sideload. Pretty soon, the app gap will be nearly non existant. I do hope that we can get more developers to create native apps though because they really are much more pleasant to use.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    08-19-13 08:34 PM
    It will be interesting to see whether that changes once 10.2 gets pushed out to the masses. We're definitely going to continue to see more big names in the app world creating official releases in BlackBerry World, but we'll also have access to several new apps to sideload. Pretty soon, the app gap will be nearly non existant. I do hope that we can get more developers to create native apps though because they really are much more pleasant to use.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    Do any of you remember when WP7 first came out, and the lack of apps it had, and the lack of.. everything else? or how about android, when it first launched. possibly the most laggy-unreliable thing created by man-kind. (a tinybit of sarcasm there).
    Comparing BB10s launch, it eats up every other mobile OS. I am sure they will catch up.

so i definitely agree with you! we need those devs.
    08-19-13 09:33 PM
    You can call from the text message...if you press and hold on the contact name from their text messages, the side will pop up with option to call...I hear this issue being one of the functions that people claim not to be able to do but it is still there...just not done in the same way before as there was a phone key on the legacy devices

I will try that thanks! Actually I was referring to when someone texts me a phone number I can tap that # and phone give me choice of text or call. IL try tap & hold see if that works.

Thanks!

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    08-19-13 10:42 PM
    I actually went and borrowed my friend unused 9900 for a week to test out by using it solely full time and really see if it's far and above Q10 as many old BlackBerry users have claimed...maybe I need more time to appreciate it but I really really can't find myself would ever want to use the OS and the screen, feel just way too 'backward' in so many ways (for me, that is). Now I am back to Q10 and wow what a day and night difference the 2 devices!

Posted via CB10
    I feel the same...originally I updated to Z10 around the time it was brought to the UK and it was a nice phone to use but still I couldn't get past the whole touchscreen thing and went back to my legacy and enjoyed the old OS until I bought a sim free Q10 and then all of a sudden when I go to set my alarm on my old legacy phone I feel it is actually mega out dated feeling... I love the BB 10 and all it's quirks...taken me some time to get to know every inch of it but I ain't hating it or any of the different ways of doing things because it feels right

08-20-13 08:19 AM
    I will try that thanks! Actually I was referring to when someone texts me a phone number I can tap that # and phone give me choice of text or call. IL try tap & hold see if that works.

Thanks!

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    Ahhh I see where yer coming from now lol aye maybe give that a try...I only know Internet links work to open so far... but aye that function I mentioned was something I heard a lot of people complaining about too as I often like to just press the call button if I was in middle of texting that person and decided to call em instead lol

08-20-13 08:24 AM
    Ahhh I see where yer coming from now lol aye maybe give that a try...I only know Internet links work to open so far... but aye that function I mentioned was something I heard a lot of people complaining about too as I often like to just press the call button if I was in middle of texting that person and decided to call em instead lol

Well, I guess the updated leak I installed did make this work now! Thanks for reminding me about the link part as that made the light bulb go off!
    So in a text if you want to call a # someone has sent just tap it. If you want options to text/call/add to contacts tap and hold till side menu bar come out.

YEA!!
    ShazPrimus likes this.
    08-20-13 04:15 PM
    Please, don't.. I have owned a LOT of HTC's (they are beautiful, face it, but that is all really). I've had the G1, mytouch 3g, mytouch 3g slide, mytouch 4g, HTC HD7, HTC Amaze, Htc One S, and now the 8x. all made my HTC, all had a LOT of problems. mostly with the screen, and gaps between the creases (weird build quality). was at a local att and was so close to buying the One, look at the bottom and saw a pretty dense gap.. (wtf happened to their "gap-less/molded design"?). Other than that the phone looked pretty decent though, i just wouldn't risk it since i havent had any luck with them, unfortunately.

I will buy the Q10 when it comes out.
    Lol so all your HTC phones had all these problems to make you not want them again, yet you bought like 6 HTC phones loll

Sent from HTC One and/or BlackBerry Q10
    moody likes this.
    08-20-13 05:52 PM
    The fact that you started this thread tells me your heart is already with the Q10. Just pull the trigger son and don't look back.
    moody and stratax like this.
    08-20-13 06:20 PM
127 12345 ...