But remember.. if there are problems then its because the operating system isn't even a year old yet.. when you compare it to iOS and Android that have been out for over 6 years..

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 10:05 AM
    The back of the white Q10 is plastic - it's why I chose black. Group SMS is not available now but is coming in a future update, too many people are asking for it. Link works well for the Mac, but if you're on Outlook or Gmail or another IMAP or Exchange Active Sync account, your contacts will sync automatically.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your answer.

I want to store my contacts local. That's also one reason why I want to switch the OS. After android 4.0 you can't add a new contact on the phone storage, you need a cloud..

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 4
    08-28-13 02:11 PM
    My Q10 is on the way ) Thanks everyone!
    3_M4N and currentodysseys like this.
    08-30-13 06:45 PM
    Absolutely recommend Q10. Keyboard and features make it a very practical, well built, compact daily organiser.

Enable forums
    dollface likes this.
    09-01-13 06:07 PM
    Thanks for your answer.

I want to store my contacts local. That's also one reason why I want to switch the OS. After android 4.0 you can't add a new contact on the phone storage, you need a cloud..

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 4
    Getting your contacts on the cloud on BB10 is not obligatory. I do not use the cloud (I disable the contacts sync from all my mail accounts on both my Q10 and the Z10). Instead I use contactx (a nice app to have imo, although a bit pricy). I would expect for BB to have given the option of a more structured contacts handling method via link but till this comes I rely on contactx.

This app allows you to export all your local contacts on a file locally and can then use that to handle them. I have absolutely no issue whatsoever now on that, so no cloud is necessary if you decide not to use cloud.

I have had the Q for a few days and that far I am loving it! I got used to the big screen of the Z10 but the Q10 has a great feeling in the hand, the form factor and keyboard feeling are amazing. I love the screen quality but also miss the bigger screen on the Z10. As to the battery... wonderful on the Q10 that far!

I am running a 10.2 leaked version of the OS with the only "downside" being the Skype app not working. In exchange I get the actionable toast notifications, colour coding of email accounts in the hub, the priority hub, active notifications on the lock screen etc, which so much worth it!).

Overall, I think I will finally stick to the Q10 and give my Z10 to my GF (the Q10 was aimed to become her device, but since I am more of the tech freak in the house, she lets me have it lol).

On a serious note, the phone is way better for my work communication and relying on that battery life, as well as the comfortable it is to carry and hold.. just really nice! I love the Z10 as well so I will most probably have a personality disorder down the road now, but for work, I think I am sticking with the Q10 for now!
    09-02-13 03:46 AM
    Getting your contacts on the cloud on BB10 is not obligatory. I do not use the cloud (I disable the contacts sync from all my mail accounts on both my Q10 and the Z10). Instead I use contactx (a nice app to have imo, although a bit pricy). I would expect for BB to have given the option of a more structured contacts handling method via link but till this comes I rely on contactx.

This app allows you to export all your local contacts on a file locally and can then use that to handle them. I have absolutely no issue whatsoever now on that, so no cloud is necessary if you decide not to use cloud.

I have had the Q for a few days and that far I am loving it! I got used to the big screen of the Z10 but the Q10 has a great feeling in the hand, the form factor and keyboard feeling are amazing. I love the screen quality but also miss the bigger screen on the Z10. As to the battery... wonderful on the Q10 that far!

I am running a 10.2 leaked version of the OS with the only "downside" being the Skype app not working. In exchange I get the actionable toast notifications, colour coding of email accounts in the hub, the priority hub, active notifications on the lock screen etc, which so much worth it!).

Overall, I think I will finally stick to the Q10 and give my Z10 to my GF (the Q10 was aimed to become her device, but since I am more of the tech freak in the house, she lets me have it lol).

On a serious note, the phone is way better for my work communication and relying on that battery life, as well as the comfortable it is to carry and hold.. just really nice! I love the Z10 as well so I will most probably have a personality disorder down the road now, but for work, I think I am sticking with the Q10 for now!
    Why would you rather use an app that handles contacts locally rather than Gmail sync contacts? I have all of my contacts synced through both my Hotmail/Gmail.
    09-02-13 01:02 PM
    Why would you rather use an app that handles contacts locally rather than Gmail sync contacts? I have all of my contacts synced through both my Hotmail/Gmail.
    Because if something goes wrong with your phone contacts and the error syncs to Google, you're SOL. Also, both Google and BB10 tend to link duplicates rather than clean them up. ContactX is a convenient option to keep contacts tidy.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:51 PM
    Well, to begin with I am not allowed to have some of my contacts on the cloud due to personal data handling legislation that has to do with my work.

Apart from that, my contacts are content rich with notes etc, which is info that is also not to be endangered of going public.

Finally I do not really trust Google sync for the reasons mentioned above regarding duplicates etc.

I am not saying that Contactx is the best solution out there, but honestly, the local sync of contacts that BlackBerry has up to BBOS7 is something I am really missing on my BB10 devices.

I for one would expect them to bring that one back soon.
    I know it all goes to the cloud nowadays but at the same time this mentality is taking basic options away from me as a user, in this case the right to handle private info of people that is on my phone and my private info, which I certainly do not want (apart from the legal extensions) to have endangered on half "secure" clouds like gmail's solution.

At the end of the day it is personal preference and personal selection, I guess when it comes to contacts I am one of these "weird people"

Edit: just to clarify: I am using a MAC laptop, so calendar and contacts sync is not as functional as it is with link on a windows pc

Posted via my Q10 and CB10
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 09-02-13 at 06:54 PM.
    09-02-13 06:33 PM
    Definitely the Q10 is worth it. A big improvement on my 9800. Excellent build quality, great keyboard and the Hub intergrated messaging/peek/flow setup is brilliant. I put mine in a leather fliptop hardshell case. Definitely my best BB yet.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using CB Forums mobile app
    09-02-13 07:12 PM
    Well, to begin with I am not allowed to have some of my contacts on the cloud due to personal data handling legislation that has to do with my work.

Apart from that, my contacts are content rich with notes etc, which is info that is also not to be endangered of going public.

Finally I do not really trust Google sync for the reasons mentioned above regarding duplicates etc.

I am not saying that Contactx is the best solution out there, but honestly, the local sync of contacts that BlackBerry has up to BBOS7 is something I am really missing on my BB10 devices.

I for one would expect them to bring that one back soon.
    I know it all goes to the cloud nowadays but at the same time this mentality is taking basic options away from me as a user, in this case the right to handle private info of people that is on my phone and my private info, which I certainly do not want (apart from the legal extensions) to have endangered on half "secure" clouds like gmail's solution.

At the end of the day it is personal preference and personal selection, I guess when it comes to contacts I am one of these "weird people"

Edit: just to clarify: I am using a MAC laptop, so calendar and contacts sync is not as functional as it is with link on a windows pc

That is definitely understandable! I will have to look into that app now, lol
    currentodysseys likes this.
    09-02-13 07:24 PM
    Because if something goes wrong with your phone contacts and the error syncs to Google, you're SOL. Also, both Google and BB10 tend to link duplicates rather than clean them up. ContactX is a convenient option to keep contacts tidy.

Posted via CB10
    I have never heard of this happening, but i guess anything is possible.
    09-02-13 07:24 PM
    Well, another option for mac users, if you use parallels you can set up link on parallels and not on the mac. I avoid doing that though as I mainly use parallels for access to oracle solutions where I need a windows environment.

All my mail and communication are on the mac, so I finally got to use Contactx.

Another alternative is if you have a windows pc, just use that and extract the contacts there and then get the file on the mac, but honestly this is a big hassle for me.

I miss the days where I just connected my phone and only synced cal and contacts via BlackBerry desktop software. I need this like crazy and for me is one of the biggest drawbacks on my macbook+bb10 combo, but the overal value at the moment makes me keep on it

Hope to see that soon on link for mac... BlackBerry are you listening??

09-02-13 08:10 PM
    Q10 is the best phone I have ever used.

Posted via CB10
    dollface and ChaErra like this.
    10-11-13 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Me as well.
    10-11-13 11:47 AM
    I don't even know where to start really. Basically I have been following (fanboying) BlackBerry for many years now, but never owned a fully functional one. I was really tempted to get a 9900, but i felt like the OS wasn't optimized well. The Q10 though is a different story.. I haven't been excited for a phone this much in a long time (possibly since i bought my G1 back in 09), buuut after reading so many complaints and flame wars on here (and of course the rumors going on about BlackBerry going private) is drawing me from buying it. I have owned too many android phones to count, and really wasn't happy with any of them. i basically spent hours customizing the home-screen, and that's it. I currently own a HTC 8x, and i cannot wait to get a new phone. I am waiting till the 30th till it releases on Sprint. Also, i don't really mind the lack of apps considering the option of side-loading.

I would like to hear opinions from owners of the Q10, both cons and pros. What do you guys like/dislike the most about your Q10?
    Please don't flame me for starting this thread either, i tried some searching to find something similar, but had no luck.
    I like the keyboard, the browser, the speed I can complete tasks, the screen size and the build quality.

I don't like the lack of feature parity with BBOS7, or the screens auto brightness control.
    10-11-13 11:49 AM
    I never see people with a BlackBerry 10 device. I still see a fair amount of people using the legacy devices. What I want to see is a young person with a Q or Z. That would suggest a person who is a trendsetter, not a follower!
    Wow, great replies. I am leaning towards getting it now, definitely. The contacts list bug sounds annoying, but the bugs on WP8 are pretty bad as well and there are two updates out ATM that i wont be getting for the longest time (because at&t sucks, and HTC simply doesn't care much for WP8 anymore it seems). So it really isn't that big of an issue. Is there a way to back up all of your contacts just in case it does happen? like, via desktop software. & im sure the q10 will beat the 8x in terms of battery life by a LOT. Battery life has never been a huge issue for me, i work at Staples so i can always just plug it in literally anywhere lol.

Now it is just waiting till the 30th it feels like its been forever already, haha.

Do you guys ever get stopped and asked what phone you're using, or just complements? (nothing important, just curious). I get stopped all the time for my phone (because i have the Yellow version), but as soon as i say its WP8 they instantly become not interested hahah. The reason i ask is because its pretty rare to see anyone with a BB, everytime i see somebody with one i have to stop and ask them about it xD
    dollface likes this.
    10-12-13 06:28 AM
    Bumping an old post because I think it is still pertinent.

Given the issues with the Q10 keyboard, the Classic and Windermere coming soon, do you still think the Q10 is worth it?

I think I'd prefer the Q10 because of the HDMI out and removable battery. But I'm seriously scared about buying one with the very well known issue that its keyboard has. Seems like you have a 50/50 shot at buying one with a problem. I know I want one because of the size and features, but I don't know if going with a Z30/Z10/Classic/Windermere would make more sense namely because of the reliability issue.
    06-08-14 07:30 PM
    I took the leap! I tested it out for a second, didn't get any double typing issues and went for it. I love the keyboard it's just got faster action on it than the Q5 keyboard and you can really get into a solid rhythm with it. I have no regrets

Q10, Q5, Z30... Damn I love leaks too much!
    06-08-14 07:41 PM
    I just got it i love it it's awesome i really missed the keyboard

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 07:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Me as well.
    +10

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    06-08-14 11:22 PM
    I also just have my phone for almost 2 weeks. As and " phone addict " I switch A Lot between phones. Have to say I was kinda worried about going back again, but I got no issues at all! It works like a charm!

Downloading android apk's is such a cool feature now!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 02:29 AM
    Best Phone ive ever used by far. First blackberry, playbook is my first tablet and i don't feel the urge to ever go for a different OS/brand again. And phonewise ive tried them all.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 09:20 AM
    I don't know if it worth it, but I pulled the trigger on the Q10 on eBay. Paid 196.00. Should be here next week. I wanted to wait for the new release, but decided to buy now. Hope I don't regret my purchase.
    Last edited by sallenthornton; 06-09-14 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Complete sentence
    06-09-14 11:28 AM
    Upgraded from a 9900 and very satisfied with my Q10! Keyboard works great after a month and love the upgrades over the 9900. Got for it and take the plunge.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 05:25 PM
    I already know I'm in love with bbos10. I lost my z10 and am looking for a new bb. Just wondering if the q10 is worth it.
    06-10-14 09:34 AM
127 ... 3456