Hello all,
    I love my Q10 and really don't want to replace it. That being said, I don't have the technical chops of you fine folks and I'm running into a serious issue. I cannot get it to make calls. It keeps saying "network is temporarily unavailable". Of course, I have Verizon and I know that they are hating on Blackberrys. However, I was under the assumption that if you had one currently active, they wouldn't be 'disabling' it.

Thus, I'm thinking it's something with the phone itself. It won't pick up Wifi any more (not that I particularly care, as I never go over my data) and seems to have a hard time finding the actual cellular network (if the indicators in the upper right corner of the screen are actually accurate). I did get it to call voicemail the other day.

I can still text with it as well.

I bought a "replacement" Q10 and i'm wondering if I need to bite the bullet and use it, but I'm hesitant because of Verizon's "issues" with wanting to put an "old" phone on their network.

Any ideas??? (Please speak slowly as I am NOT tech savvy with phones---thanks!)
    01-16-19 02:23 PM
    Have you tried a new SIM?

Have you tried talking with Verizon?

Have you tired using an Autoloader?

Verizon should activate your replacement Q10, as it is an LTE phone. That's probable your best bet as the network issue is usually a sign of hardware failure (but I'd try the above).
    01-16-19 04:17 PM
    I have not tried a new SIM or reaching out to Verizon.

Oddly enough, I received a call from a telemarketer today and also was able to make a call today--go figure. Not sure if that will continue, so will definitely consider your suggestions!
    01-16-19 06:26 PM
    Have been having problems with AT&T. Do not understand. Pay bills. Called customer service(?) and was told if you can access your emails, that is it! Ignore warnings if it works.
    So times you can be to BIG to succeed.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-19 10:23 PM
    Have been having problems with AT&T. Do not understand. Pay bills. Called customer service(?) and was told if you can access your emails, that is it! Ignore warnings if it works.
    So times you can be to BIG to succeed.
    I'm not sure if you have an AT&T-branded Q10 or if you brought an unlocked phone to them, but if it's the latter, then legally they are only required to activate a non-AT&T phone if it has LTE Band 13 (which it does), but even then, that only legally entitles you to access data. They do not have to provide voice service, and, for example, Verizon mostly does not provide voice services for unlocked phones, even though they are legally forced to activate them if they have LTE Band 13.
    01-20-19 04:24 PM
    Also, it looks from my research that the Q10 does NOT support VoLTE.
    01-20-19 04:32 PM
    Thanks for reply. My Blackberry is an unlocked model SQN100-5 from a EBAY commercial seller. In addition previously purchased from ATT, locked unit, use alternately with 100-5. I switch sim cards at times between the two. Am still using ATT.

On Friday 18 called Blackberry tech support for clarifying being unable to resolve simple login into my ATT emails. I just wanted email reception but could not sign into my account. BB tech said they were having tech problems and hoped to solve withing a day or two. About 1900 looked at phone and got acknowledgement that ATT link was restored. I like the Q10 for its size, pkb, and interchangeable batteries but realize sooner or later I may be forced to replace it. I do like Blackberry and OS10. Many people are surprised positively by it's presence. Have generally good luck with ATT but you have to be patient!
    01-20-19 05:28 PM
    I had a Q10 on Verizon for 5+ years and no, they won't disable a phone which is active on their network.

If you have further problems with it, try the simple stuff first, like rebooting the phone.
    1) Hold down the top button until you see the screen that gives you the option to Restart or turn off, and select Restart. Wait 5 to 10 min while it goes through its start process, and you see your normal screen again.
    2) Or...hold down BOTH the Volume+ and Volume- buttons until the screen goes black and then let go. Wait for it to completely restart as above.

If you have dropped your phone recently, I suppose it's possible your SIM card may have become loose or dislodged. If you're comfortable sliding off the back cover (as if you were going to swap out the battery), you can check the SIM card and make sure it is seated tightly and not wiggling around. If you're nervous about doing that, take the phone to a Verizon store and ask them to check it. They will either replace your SIM card or confirm the current card is working.

They will also TRY to convince you to "upgrade" to another device by telling you about either exciting discounts "did you know you're eligible for a free upgrade, blah blah" or scare tactics "this is a very old phone, it's a miracle it even works, etc", but Stand. Your. Ground! Any special offer they give you now will still be available in another year. :-)

Hope that helps!

Hello all,
    I love my Q10 and really don't want to replace it. That being said, I don't have the technical chops of you fine folks and I'm running into a serious issue. I cannot get it to make calls. It keeps saying "network is temporarily unavailable". Of course, I have Verizon and I know that they are hating on Blackberrys. However, I was under the assumption that if you had one currently active, they wouldn't be 'disabling' it.

Thus, I'm thinking it's something with the phone itself. It won't pick up Wifi any more (not that I particularly care, as I never go over my data) and seems to have a hard time finding the actual cellular network (if the indicators in the upper right corner of the screen are actually accurate). I did get it to call voicemail the other day.

I can still text with it as well.

I bought a "replacement" Q10 and i'm wondering if I need to bite the bullet and use it, but I'm hesitant because of Verizon's "issues" with wanting to put an "old" phone on their network.

Any ideas??? (Please speak slowly as I am NOT tech savvy with phones---thanks!)

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-09-19 07:42 PM