I have poor T Mobile coverage at home and work both, and greatly enjoyed the Wifi Calling with the Bold, and just "upgraded" to the Q10, but it looks like I have actually downgraded and lost the Wifi calling feature. Is it possible that there is NO Wifi calling on the Q10? do I need to return the Q10 and go back to my Bold?
    06-21-13 11:27 AM
    There is none currently, but rumor has it that UMA may be coming in the future for T-Mobile. They are the only carrier to provide it, and probably have to because in my experience their network coverage isn't very good. Just switched from T-Mobile to Verizon and it is way better in my area.
    06-21-13 11:43 AM
    My house has metal siding so my entire house is a RF trap, both my Verizon and T-Mobile devices get 1-2 bars in the basement of the house and all 5 right outside the door. T-Mobile is my main carrier and I feel your pain on the lack of wi-fi calling...

If it's any consolation it looks like this will be included in OS 10.2 that is planned to be released in just a few months. Not saying that the first 10.2 release will have it in there, but they are baking support for it into the OS and we should see it soon enough.

Until then, get a BT headset and sit the Q10 on a window ledge!
    06-21-13 12:12 PM
    damn, thanks
    06-21-13 12:14 PM
    Verizon (and Sprint) both offer signal booster devices for your home. T-Mobile does too, but theirs is just a wifi router. Supposedly if you call and complain about your signal you can get one of these (Sprint often gives them out free).
    06-21-13 12:14 PM
    Actually TMobile makes a signal booster as well. I have one but I don't need it because I get full signal at my house.

As for wifi calling, it should be out soon. The bold 9900 also was updated a few months after release to include wifi calling.

Also, true UMA is pretty much over. The BB10 phones will only have software wifi calling, which works well but will not handoff when you leave your house.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 02:06 PM
    I too miss wifi calling but I only need it occasionally. In fact, since getting my z1 in March, it really has been a problem only once.

I travel a lot but rarely am out of signal expect on the road in rural areas.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 02:07 PM