Amazingly, I was driving yesterday while my Q10 was on the passenger seat and all of the sudden I hit a small bump and almost perfectly, the Q10 slid directly into the middle of both seats into my cup of coffee! OMG, I immediately took it out with my right hand and found the nearest place to pull over, screaming no! No! NO! Being a perfectionist at keeping my beloved Q10 sparkling clean and virtually fingerprint free, I took the Q10 out of the case, had my emergency wipes and frantically cleaned every square inch.

It works perfectly still, I pray today as it still is. I took off the back cover, and no coffee or hint of coffee etc. Just curious if anyone had this happen before dropping their BB devices in a liquid drink, hot or cold. For some reason this miracle, as the Q10 was in my coffee for a total 2 seconds, that it would come out unscathed is amazing. I realize it's just a device, but so meaningful. Of course all of this is for FYI, another day in the life of a BlackBerry Mobile Freedom loyalist LOL.

Is the phone somewhat waterproof to a certain degree?
    06-28-14 06:51 PM
    I have used it in the rain a few times... But no issues at all..

Love my Q......

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.700
    06-28-14 06:58 PM
    Good to know.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 08:13 PM
    All devices to a certain degree are waterproof as long as u don't dip them from the bottom (speakers)...
    06-28-14 08:27 PM
    The second day I had my Q10 I spilled some coffee right on the keyboard, no problems to report. I once lost a phone and an ipod to a rainstorm so I really hope that BlackBerry can start doing actual waterproofing. I watched my buddy run his GS5 under the tap while using it and I have to say that is its best feature.

Q10, Q5, Z30... Damn I love leaks too much!
    06-28-14 08:43 PM
    I went diving with it. LMAO

Posted via Q10
    06-28-14 08:48 PM
    Amazingly, I was driving yesterday while my Q10 was on the passenger seat and all of the sudden I hit a small bump and almost perfectly, the Q10 slid directly into the middle of both seats into my cup of coffee! OMG, I immediately took it out with my right hand and found the nearest place to pull over, screaming no! No! NO! Being a perfectionist at keeping my beloved Q10 sparkling clean and virtually fingerprint free, I took the Q10 out of the case, had my emergency wipes and frantically cleaned every square inch.

It works perfectly still, I pray today as it still is. I took off the back cover, and no coffee or hint of coffee etc. Just curious if anyone had this happen before dropping their BB devices in a liquid drink, hot or cold. For some reason this miracle, as the Q10 was in my coffee for a total 2 seconds, that it would come out unscathed is amazing. I realize it's just a device, but so meaningful. Of course all of this is for FYI, another day in the life of a BlackBerry Mobile Freedom loyalist LOL.

Is the phone somewhat waterproof to a certain degree?
    Oh my goodness did you have the water proofing app on it?
    06-28-14 08:51 PM
    LOL... No...It was the bottom half of the phone that took the dive perfectly in the cup of hot coffee. I was worried about the speaker but played my music flawlessly. Wonder if the 5 second rule for food applies to the Q10 lol.
    dphjeff and CDM76 like this.
    06-28-14 09:20 PM
    LOL... No...It was the bottom half of the phone that took the dive perfectly in the cup of hot coffee. I was worried about the speaker but played my music flawlessly. Wonder if the 5 second rule for food applies to the Q10 lol.
    Hope it survives for you. I dumped a full bottle of beer on my PlayBook about six months ago and it is still working. The only ill affects was the space bar is sticking on the mini keyboard but is still working.
    06-28-14 09:34 PM
    Why do you people inspect for life instantly after it takes a dive?!?!
    06-28-14 09:37 PM
    Why do you people inspect for life instantly after it takes a dive?!?!
    I don't think that is the accepted thing to do. I've always understood battery out and into a bowl of rice for several hours before testing for life.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-28-14 10:37 PM
    RICE ftw! But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do I guess not everybody has multiple cellphones to choose from

06-28-14 10:45 PM
    RICE ftw! But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do I guess not everybody has multiple cellphones to choose from

But in response to OP's question, no they aren't waterproof at all. My 9900 was damaged just being in the washroom while I was taking a hot shower.

06-28-14 10:51 PM
    Search Liquipel.
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-28-14 11:07 PM
    But in response to OP's question, no they aren't waterproof at all. My 9900 was damaged just being in the washroom while I was taking a hot shower.

OP's question is about the Q10, not 9900's.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    06-29-14 02:13 PM
    OP's question is about the Q10, not 9900's.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    Oh geez, thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed that when I read his post!

I answered his question, by saying no not waterproof. THEN, I added a personal experience.

OP neither 9900 or Q10 are waterproof. Happy now secret agent?

06-29-14 03:31 PM
    Oh geez, thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed that when I read his post!

I answered his question, by saying no not waterproof. THEN, I added a personal experience.

OP neither 9900 or Q10 are waterproof. Happy now secret agent?

Anyone well-versed in English would have read your answer to be discussing a 9900 not being waterproof.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-29-14 04:32 PM
    Whenever your device gets wet, you should take out the battery immediately. This will reduce the risk of any electronics shorting out.

I'm sure BlackBerry does a few tests to make sure that the phone doesn't die should it take a quick dip in coffee. Your case probably helped keep some water out too.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-29-14 05:07 PM
    Anyone well-versed in English would have read your answer to be discussing a 9900 not being waterproof.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    No they wouldn't. Because I did my bachelor's in English. (It was my minor but I guarantee it still gives me superior understanding of the language. )

If I though the OP was discussing a 9900, there would have been no need for me to mention the model number.

Nothing useful to say, then feel free not to comment at all.

06-29-14 05:18 PM
    No they wouldn't. Because I did my bachelor's in English. (It was my minor but I guarantee it still gives me superior understanding of the language. )

If I though the OP was discussing a 9900, there would have been no need for me to mention the model number.

Nothing useful to say, then feel free not to comment at all.

I know what you meant and I'm a dumb redneck. besides it's not worth getting worked up about. Do you like beer?
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-29-14 05:41 PM
    I know what you meant and I'm a dumb redneck. besides it's not worth getting worked up about. Do you like beer?
    Love beer. Could go for a nice bitter right about now!

dphjeff and CDM76 like this.
    06-29-14 05:42 PM
    Whenever your device gets wet, you should take out the battery immediately. This will reduce the risk of any electronics shorting out.

I'm sure BlackBerry does a few tests to make sure that the phone doesn't die should it take a quick dip in coffee. Your case probably helped keep some water out too.

Unless you have a Z30 or Z10. In which case removing the battery is strongly discouraged lol

Posted via CB10
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    06-29-14 06:03 PM
    Unless you have a Z30 or Z10. In which case removing the battery is strongly discouraged lol

Posted via CB10
    Really? Even when it gets wets?

I know they don't recommend battery pulls when you get glitch, but I would have thought when the phone get wet you'd want to remove any power source.

06-29-14 08:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    You must mean the Z30, Z3, or Q5. Z10 has a removable battery

06-29-14 09:47 PM
    Also about Liquipel, BlackBerry devices are not listed on their website to be treated.

I am sure it does not just work on any phone out there, also it is unclear how liquipel coating will affect the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    06-30-14 12:15 AM
31 12