Lol at people that ***** at 295 ppi

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    09-24-13 08:39 PM
    my Q10's battery is what keeps me from changing to any device... I switch to my Nexus last week just to try it out again... my battery died or came close to dying a few times and I hate that feeling. Switched right back to my Q10
    kb1234 and cartoon2007 like this.
    09-24-13 10:49 PM
    I am happy with my Q10 but still want z30. what can i do .... lol
    10-10-13 09:17 AM
    I have had my Q10 for a month now and absolutely love it. It could be my final smartphone or some version of it. Long live BlackBerry.

My wife is ready for a change from her BB 9860 and she is learning towards a white Z30. I think she will like it very much.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 10:00 AM
    why is the brightness of q10 so dark?
    01-19-14 04:18 AM
    If it wasn't for the 295ppi I would have thought about picking up a Z30 so I could switch back and forth between my Q10 and the Z30.

And don't tell me I wouldn't be able to spot the difference anyway. It is noticeable...

Posted via CB10
    It's noticeable but you will get used to it.

My bro has HTC one, Z10 & Z30 and he has no complaints switching between 468, 355 & 295 ppi.
    01-19-14 04:39 AM
    Q10 for keyboard, keyboard shortcuts, replaceable battery.

Z30 if you want to watch videos on it, have a bigger screen to view things or play games.

I personally prefer the Q because its a better PHONE and communication device, for me at least. Video watching I can do on my tablet or computer with a better experience.

Sidenote: I would love and BB should release a 16:9 Q phone. The screen size of say the 9810, or bigger if possible. I think all Qs should have been like that to begin with so all apps made for BB10 automatically work on all phones and Android apps as well
    01-25-14 12:27 AM
    I agree completely!

I'm interested in the z30 but I love the form factor of the q it's size and keyboard what gets me

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 05:00 AM
    Q10 for keyboard, keyboard shortcuts, replaceable battery.

Z30 if you want to watch videos on it, have a bigger screen to view things or play games.

I personally prefer the Q because its a better PHONE and communication device, for me at least. Video watching I can do on my tablet or computer with a better experience.

Sidenote: I would love and BB should release a 16:9 Q phone. The screen size of say the 9810, or bigger if possible. I think all Qs should have been like that to begin with so all apps made for BB10 automatically work on all phones and Android apps as well
    I said exactly the same thing as you said until I got my hands on z30. And now I can't ever go back to my q10 or z10. Virtual BlackBerry keyboard is way better than I expected. It's so good, I'm starting to believe that it's better than a physical keyboard.

Bigger screen + surround sound + 15 hours of heavy use is also a bonus. Upto 30 hours in low use. Z30 is an absolute beast. Best BlackBerry phone I have ever owned since 2005

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    01-25-14 06:01 AM
    In what is the Q10 better than the Z30, other than the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 06:09 AM
    I prefer my Q10. I don't need a big screen; just a big nice keyboard to type on.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    01-25-14 06:30 AM
    I have both, love them both but the battery on the Z30 is the best! The Q is great but the Z30 is better. I find the screen better on the 30 as well (brighter) but I love the Q and won't sell it! As far as debating the 295 ppi, I'm into specs as much as the next guy but I see no difference or noticeable lack of quality! I have a retina iPhone 4, iPad Air, q10 and I had a z10. I don't look at the Z30 and think it's a crappy screen! It is by far the best touch phone BlackBerry has produced. But I do have one complaint... I don't like the Silver chin. I wish they would of made it more like the Z10 on the front, I like the back and curved part as well.

Posted via CB10 on my sweet Z30!
    01-25-14 10:30 AM
    In what is the Q10 better than the Z30, other than the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    Keyboard shortcuts.. That's about it though. I love my Q, but I originally wanted a Z30. Sprint decided not to carry it anymore.

Posted with my Q10!
    01-25-14 12:37 PM
    I have both now. But I want to sell one device.

This is a dilemma ! I love the Z30 too. I love the big size. I don't watch movies or play games. But the big screen and the specs, design I do love.

But a BlackBerry is also the Q10 for me. Keyboard! Design!

Right now I am selling the device. But I am afraid of regretting it! It is a solid and great phone. But I bought the Q10 again or the keyboard! decision drives me nuts.

Each device has its strength!
    01-25-14 01:12 PM
    Z30 looks great! But I love my Q!
    01-25-14 03:49 PM
    But you haven't even seen the phone yet!
    I have both. It's extremely noticeable. Icons and small details look like a steaming dump compare to the q or z10. BlackBerry had a home run with the z30 but blew it with the screen resolution.

Posted on my Z30.......while on the can
    01-25-14 07:03 PM
    I have both. It's extremely noticeable. Icons and small details look like a steaming dump compare to the q or z10. BlackBerry had a home run with the z30 but blew it with the screen resolution.

Posted on my Z30.......while on the can
    absolutely agree with you .The only thing that makes me stay to my Q .If the ppi was more then of course Z30 …..
    Unfotunately cause of the ppi that are noticeable in my opinion , i choose my Small Q10
    01-31-14 05:57 PM
    I'm torn apart by this question and would appreciate a reply/help as I glance at my Q10 as if asking for forgiveness since I'm waiting for a Z30. I took the risk of assuming the "missing chunk of plastic from side" described on Amazon is the bit attached to the back cover meaning I can order a new cover bringing the total cost to �160, $260 only. I mean, what else is plastic on a phone with such quality build?!

What attracted me to the Q10 is its pure elegance as one of the few surviving true smartphones, a device optimized for communication with a classic look which spells out business professional. If the Q10 would have an actual name, it would be BlackBerry Statesman. There's just a personality and character to it that is very hard to quantify, and I think I would miss that. It's 'special'. Despite Z30's amazing build and industrial design it just looks like any smartphone.

However, at 21 I'm likely to be half the age of a Q10 average user and my lifestyle does not demand managing piles of email for which it would be the natural choice. My tip for anyone unable to decide is to think about use-scenarios, I found that:
    - Compared to Curve 9320's screen the Q10 felt gigantic at first, but while commuting in the train I found the screen painfully small to browse the web or even read the news.
    - I use my phone to play music while cooking, cleaning or getting ready all_the_time, so I'd love amazing speakers.
    - My ultrabook is unsuitable for Skype with a mic and speakers which are barely there. Q10s Skype was a bit buggy and annoying at times, unresponsive. So again, the big screen which fits the OS, legendary speakers and 4 sound-cancelling mics should make the best Skype-machine ever.

I read on a gadgetnet (or something) review that the OS is unstable on Z30. I'm sure it's been improved now? They also claimed call quality was bad, which completely contradicts the great experiences with Natural Sound I've read about, and said they could not corroborate claims of superior signal strength. Any commuters or village dwellers able to say the Z30's antenna is superior?!

I'm looking forward to testing and comparing Skype, sound and keyboards on both devices and get back to you with results if interested
    07-29-14 12:21 PM
    Same situation here! What did you decide in the end? It's not a clear-cut "each has its advantages" decision for me. Z30's weakness vs. the Q10 is something that can't be measured: lack of tradition?! Haha. If you think about it there's nothing identifying it as a classic BlackBerry. It's "legacies" are the glassweave back from Q10 dating back to a few months, a great keyboard (but virtual, does it count?!) and being a bit bulkier with big battery life. In all, the Z30 is the new BlackBerry. Innovation, the amazing BB10 and solid build.
    07-29-14 12:31 PM
    Completely and absolutely disagree about the chin! Look again and think of it as a subtly molded, high-finish crown which unifies the three elements of the design, the glassweave, metal and glass. The Z10 on the other hand is just plain, it feels like some national security agency satellite phone with a discreet cover.
    It's amazing you don't have to make this choice haha. Have you found different uses for Q10 and Z30 that justify keeping both? Or is it just a question of, well I can have both so I'll have both?
    07-29-14 12:35 PM
    I have played with both, extensively. For my needs, the z30 is perfect. Screen size for reading, large letter buttons and predictive text just works for me. Now, to retire and get rid of this iPhone.
    07-29-14 12:42 PM
    Both are premium devices.

Never thought I would get the hang of a touch keyboard, I now feel I'm faster on this than the physical and I'm amazed that I didn't contemplate a full touch device earlier.

Choice is a matter of preference.
    Business = Q10
    Business + Pleasure = Z30

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    07-29-14 01:09 PM
    Both are premium devices.

Never thought I would get the hang of a touch keyboard, I now feel I'm faster on this than the physical and I'm amazed that I didn't contemplate a full touch device earlier.

Choice is a matter of preference.
    Business = Q10
    Business + Pleasure = Z30

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    I own both, and agree with this.

I love the Q10. When my sim is in my Q10 I find I use my Nexus 7 tablet way more.

I love the Z30. When I use it I feel like I don't need my Nexus 7 at all.

Both are awesome, the Z30 is the better "do anything" phone, but the Q10 is my preference if I want to work quickly and be productive. Like others, I type a bit faster on glass than I do on the physical keyboard. But the keyboard shortcuts are awesome and make up for the speed difference.
    07-29-14 02:08 PM
    I bought the Q10 when it first came out and loved it. Returned it at the end of the return period because I bought the HTC One (M7). In May 2014, I bought the Z30 and it's been amazing!

Because of the ecosystem, I do all multimedia on my iOS devices (5s & iPad Air). I just love the BlackBerry Hub and the BlackBerry 10 OS UI. Although I'm happy with my Z30, I found myself missing the physical keyboard of the Q10 as well as the keyboard shortcuts!

Because this is my secondary phone, I have a problem with buying a Classic or a Passport full price when released. So, I'm on the fence about keeping my Z30 vs selling it and getting the Q10 again!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 05:44 PM
    I also would love for sprint to get the Z30, I think the Z30 and Q10 would make the perfect one, two punch.
    08-14-14 10:09 PM
57 123