As long as you can live with limited battery life and a very problematic app support, Q10 is a fine device.

If you don't mind paying so much money for a phone with ridiculously slow HW (I've had excellent battery life on Z1 Compact with a very powerful CPU at that time), then go to KeyOne. Be sure to try it in the store first, I was shocked by shodiness of the screen. If you can live without physical keyboard, basically any Android device is the better choice (Sony's topmodels have had in the last years famous battery life and screen on time).

I'd go for it when the price drops a bit. It is the only phone on the market with keyboard (not mentioning the Priv with it's tragical battery life and terribly "hot" CPU), but still it's waaaaay to expensive But I will go for it anyway, I'll abandon my Q10 when the WhatsApp shuts down.

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    Limited battery life?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 07:32 AM
    Anyone know how long a KEYone battery lasts compared to Q10? Would three Q10 batteries be comparable?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 08:53 AM
    Limited battery life?

Posted via CB10
    I reinstalled my OS month ago (10.3.2), don't have almost any Android apps (2 offline dictionaries, public transport schedule and Messenger Lite). Set to 2G/3G/4G all the time, Wi-Fi turned off if not available. I have spent something between 1,5 h - 2 h with my phone (active usage), screen backlight set to minimum. Right now I have 48 % battery left. Battery is 7 months old. This is very bad result, this phone hardly gets over 3,5 hours screen-on-time. Today phones easily make 6,5+ hours. If I call a lot, I usually need to recharge my Q10 in the middle of the day. Yes, this phone has tragical battery life. That's a fact, which I simply accepted.

07-30-17 08:56 AM
    Anyone know how long a KEYone battery lasts compared to Q10? Would three Q10 batteries be comparable?

Posted via CB10
    KeyOne should quite easily make 6 hours screen-on-time. It hardly depends on user settings, apps, tasks in the background etc. There were screenshots as some guys managed to squeeze out almost 9 hours SOT. Yes, 3 Q10 batteries (1 internal + 2 spare ones) should be comparable to KeyOne.

07-30-17 08:58 AM
    If they released a KEYone with a removable battery I'd pretty much be pleading with them to take my money.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 10:08 AM
    I reinstalled my OS month ago (10.3.2), don't have almost any Android apps (2 offline dictionaries, public transport schedule and Messenger Lite). Set to 2G/3G/4G all the time, Wi-Fi turned off if not available. I have spent something between 1,5 h - 2 h with my phone (active usage), screen backlight set to minimum. Right now I have 48 % battery left. Battery is 7 months old. This is very bad result, this phone hardly gets over 3,5 hours screen-on-time. Today phones easily make 6,5+ hours. If I call a lot, I usually need to recharge my Q10 in the middle of the day. Yes, this phone has tragical battery life. That's a fact, which I simply accepted.

What do you mean? You use your phone so much that the LCD back light never goes off?
    It still seems low. My Q10 typically can go for 2 days (idle when I sleep of course) that even includes browsing at night so the screen is on minimum an hour each day at that time, then there are all the times in the day that I use it. The device monitor on mine says I'm averaging 2 days and a few hours.
    My most epic use was on a long weekend trip, it almost ran 3 days including GPS use and watching streaming video at hotel. Finally plugged it in for the drive back.

Even the Z10, with smaller battery only 1 day charge normally, easily goes the day with 1+ hour Android gaming when the phone gets really hot.
    07-30-17 11:17 AM
    What do you mean? You use your phone so much that the LCD back light never goes off?
    It still seems low. My Q10 typically can go for 2 days (idle when I sleep of course) that even includes browsing at night so the screen is on minimum an hour each day at that time, then there are all the times in the day that I use it. The device monitor on mine says I'm averaging 2 days and a few hours.
    My most epic use was on a long weekend trip, it almost ran 3 days including GPS use and watching streaming video at hotel. Finally plugged it in for the drive back.

Even the Z10, with smaller battery only 1 day charge normally, easily goes the day with 1+ hour Android gaming when the phone gets really hot.
    Then you are really lucky. GPS is able to drain out the whole battery in a few hours here. I doubt it would last longer than 4 hours of YouTube streaming. KeyOne is a different story.

On the other hand: yes, I use my phone quite a lot. Apart from the fact that Device Monitor says that "System" has drained 43 % of my battery in the past 48 Hours scheme, I do quite a lot of messaging. I bet you'd get 3 days normal with KeyOne or that Xperia: I have had a lot of phones, and believe me - Q10 is equal to Priv (pretty bad battery) and some old Android phones (Xperia P or Xperia Acro S).

07-30-17 11:34 AM
    Limited battery life?

Posted via CB10
    He probably mistyped unlimited because you can always switch full battery into q10 and keep on going.

Bush did bb10
    07-30-17 12:39 PM
    He probably mistyped unlimited because you can always switch full battery into q10 and keep on going.

Bush did bb10
    You have probably never had a phone with a stunning battery life for "mistyping" me. Believe me, Q10 is a great device, but not for it's battery performance (or not at 10.3.2.2836).

07-30-17 02:10 PM
    Bad battery life with the Q10 signals something is wrong but is almost surely fixable with a new battery or some kind of app adjustment.

The Q10 normally has excellent battery life.

. . . . Pete
    bbnrs likes this.
    07-30-17 02:14 PM
    You have probably never had a phone with a stunning battery life for "mistyping" me. Believe me, Q10 is a great device, but not for it's battery performance (or not at 10.3.2.2836).

I had Oukitel k6000 once and it lasted 2-4 days with one charge. I usually get 1-1,5 days with q10 and I think it's great for battery that size and age. Although I only use 2 two android apk's so there isn't really anything that would drain it fast.
    07-30-17 03:05 PM
    Bad battery life with the Q10 signals something is wrong but is almost surely fixable with a new battery or some kind of app adjustment.

The Q10 normally has excellent battery life.

. . . . Pete
    Exactly. Sounds like a rogue app, failing battery, overactive sync, or combination. Might be time to do a fresh autoloader install of BB10.

I get 1-2 days on the Q10 with moderate use. It has a new battery. I make calls regularly on it.
    07-30-17 04:53 PM
    Then you are really lucky. GPS is able to drain out the whole battery in a few hours here. I doubt it would last longer than 4 hours of YouTube streaming. KeyOne is a different story.

On the other hand: yes, I use my phone quite a lot. Apart from the fact that Device Monitor says that "System" has drained 43 % of my battery in the past 48 Hours scheme, I do quite a lot of messaging. I bet you'd get 3 days normal with KeyOne or that Xperia: I have had a lot of phones, and believe me - Q10 is equal to Priv (pretty bad battery) and some old Android phones (Xperia P or Xperia Acro S).

Well maybe there is something you use that is consistently power hungry on all the phones. Device Monitor is super helpful at seeing what sucks the juice.

My Q10 will easily outlast any other phones in my family or my colleagues (iPhone, Galaxy, Pixel, etc).

We do notice some web pages or apps are very terrible in that they try to run something in the background all the time to keep the link alive or whatever. One example my colleague was shocked to find that he kept using up many GB of mobile data & having to charge his iPhone all the time...because Facebook was running useless crap in the background trying to keep itself alive.

I reloaded OS on my BB10's when I discovered Amazon using up data in the background even when I disabled run minimized and background. (Can't uninstall, so the only way is never activate it in the first place)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-31-17 03:38 PM
    Can leave my q10 gold edition ,bought a Samsung galaxy s7 but I stopped using it.q10 rules
    rayporsche likes this.
    08-10-17 03:10 AM
    totally! same as yourself!
    08-10-17 04:06 AM
    yes! i love it so much my Q10, lots of experimental anything we can do on our Q10™ keep moving folks "

Q10™
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-28-17 06:09 PM
    Yes, I have to agree: there must be something wrong with the battery or an app. Even at times with updates that do cause the battery to drain faster than normal, the Q is typically still a great phone with a battery that gets through the day.
    10-28-17 10:13 PM
    I am using Q10 as my primary device, even after having a PRIV with me.. The features that I loved are...
    1. Compact
    2. Ease of use
    3. Supported applications
    4. Brilliant Camera
    5. Call quality
    Disappointing factors
    1. Battery life
    2. Front camera is only 2MP

These are my personal views..
    PRIV has got better battery life and Camera, But with a phone that big, it is difficult to carry around. So I will use my Q10 for calls and limited Internet usage... keeping PRIV at home for more Internet usage and watching movies and stuff.....

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-29-17 12:21 AM
    Q10 pluses:
    Size and feel
    Removable battery
    Hub is superior
    Security
    Reliable, smooth, and intuitive OS
    Default apps

K1 pluses:
    Keyboard and keyboard shortcuts
    Speed
    App selection/compatibility
    Camera
    Battery life

What's more important to you? Take your pick.
    10-29-17 09:54 AM
44 12