Hello all,

Since Sprint finally has the KeyOne, I'm thinking about upgrading. Anyone here go from q10 to the KeyOne? If so, pros and cons? Which phone do you like better? Etc. Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 08:29 AM
    Pros: no nemory studio apps

Cons: screen falls out

Bush did bb10
    What do you mean screen falls out? Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 09:24 AM
    There are no cons on the K1 if you are comparing to a Q10.
    07-14-17 09:44 AM
    Apart from the non-removable battery, much, much bigger form, having to put up with Android's idiosyncrasies and the fact that right now a Q10 is around a tenth of the price of a K1.

Oh yeah, and the screen falls out

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    07-14-17 01:45 PM
    Seriously though, it's not a fair fight in the slightest. Q10 is four years old now, prehistoric in mobile phone terms. The two phones are utterly different - BlackBerry keyboard is the main similarity.

Fairer comparison would be K1 vs iPhone or Samsung. If your budget stretches to a K1 don't see why a Q10 is even in the equation unless you really want a small phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 01:50 PM
    Apart from the non-removable battery, much, much bigger form, having to put up with Android's idiosyncrasies and the fact that right now a Q10 is around a tenth of the price of a K1.

Oh yeah, and the screen falls out

Posted via CB10
    The list of cons exceeds the K1. Slow as hell, Android apps run poorly, tiny screen, weak battery life, etc etc. If you are going to stick with BB10, then Passport is the only good choice.

My K1 screen is doing quite fine and I would say a majority of K1 users are not having problem with the screen. My guy at TELUS told me he hasn't had any screen popping out, but is aware of the issue from what he's read on the Internet.
    07-14-17 01:51 PM
    Like I say, it's not remotely a fair comparison.

Re: weak battery life. Would take ability to whip open back of phone and stick a new battery in over a stronger glued-in battery any day.

My Q10 battery lasts a full day and even if it doesn't I can easily carry a spare battery with me. Also, new batteries can be got for around £5.

Passport is a great choice unless it's too bulky, as it was in my case.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 01:54 PM
    Honestly, except for app selection, Q10 wins even in 2017. If you're going to android and you don't have to have a hardware keyboard, go with something else like Samsung, LG, OnePlus etc. K1 is under-powered and over-priced.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 01:55 PM
    Honestly, except for app selection, Q10 wins even in 2017. If you're going to android and you don't have to have a hardware keyboard, go with something else like Samsung, LG, OnePlus etc. K1 is under-powered and over-priced.

Posted via CB10
    K1 is priced right because it's the only phone on the market with pkb and removable screen.

Bush did bb10
    07-14-17 04:05 PM
    Pros: no nemory studio apps

Cons: screen falls out

Bush did bb10
    I laughed so hard

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    07-14-17 04:35 PM
    If you are going to stick with BB10, then Passport is the only good choice.
    I wholeheartedly disagree. That's quite a declaration.

I've switched between the two and keep coming back to the Q10. It's something of a sweet spot.

The Passport is lovely and I still have one, but I appreciate it more for its design than anything else (ie feels like a bit of a novelty, but still use it for browsing/email sometimes). A beautiful specimen, to be sure, but not for everyone -- nor is your remark that it's the only good option.

Posted via CB10
    mushroom_daddy and Mrs Teapot like this.
    07-14-17 04:40 PM
    I have several issues with my Q10. It is old and shows it. I am hoping to switch to K1. I would suggest the same. Support is long over for the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 04:49 PM
    It will do everything better than the Q10 except:

- in the unlikely event that you like to do local backups, it's doesn't work that way, google stores your app info on their cloud.

- BBM, if you use it, will be littered with adds, but at least there is video for groups lol

- better bump up the monthly data, KEYone will chew through data quite well once all the live widgets and autoplay videos on social media get going

- oh, and the screen may fall off, so keep the Q10 close by as a backup during warranty exchange (lol again)

Posted via CB10 on Cobalt Classic
    07-14-17 05:02 PM
    The list of cons exceeds the K1. Slow as hell, Android apps run poorly, tiny screen, weak battery life, etc etc. If you are going to stick with BB10, then Passport is the only good choice.
    My Q10 is not slow. What are you running on it? Nuclear weapons simulations? It's a messaging device. How much CPA do you need to answer calls, send, receive messages?
    Browsing works fine, videos never stutter...

Q10 is the right size. (Everyone forget these are supposed to be portable devices? Remember when phones the size of a Z30 were called phablets? Guess what? Human hands and clothing pockets have not increased in size). It's serviceable, has replaceable battery (though mine averages over 2days per charge) and runs BB10.
    K1, too big, non replaceable battery, doesn't run BB10 apps at all (never had an Android app I wanted to run on my BB10 devices), too expensive, ...the list goes on.

If you want to compare Q10, that's not even a fair fight. Q10 all the way!
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    07-14-17 05:18 PM
    To each his own. I don't use a Q10 anymore. I have a Passport for work. K1 for personal. Once you go to a faster device like the Passport, it's hard to go back to a Classic or Q10 as you really notice the weaknesses a lot more.
    Mike Owsley likes this.
    07-14-17 08:23 PM

Re: weak battery life. Would take ability to whip open back of phone and stick a new battery in over a stronger glued-in battery any day.
    If the KEYone battery is fixed in place with the same glue they used for the screen, it should be pretty easy to do a battery swap 😉
    07-15-17 03:10 AM
    Have not been able to see a K-1 here in Tulsa OK. I can order thru Best Buy but would like to use it first. ATT has no listing for K1 I believe.
    07-15-17 02:03 PM
    My 2p worth as ever, nothing wrong with Q10 for now, particularly if you have a tablet at home for more graphic-heavy applications. The Q10 screen is small but very sharp, performance is very good, excellent form factor for portability.

Posted via CB10
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    07-15-17 05:26 PM
    Hello all,

Since Sprint finally has the KeyOne, I'm thinking about upgrading. Anyone here go from q10 to the KeyOne? If so, pros and cons? Which phone do you like better? Etc. Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    Upgrade. If you are thinking in upgrade is because you are experienced some faults right?
    Is not a good comparison K1 vs Q10. Because are two different phones. Maybe you're seeing them as an evolution from one to another. They could be because there is no other new phone with keyboard. But if you don't care about having a keyboard you have plenty of options in the market.
    The Q10 is small, a real concept of portability and handy, has a good volume for calls, a awesome amoled screen(you see a few phones with a real good screen), has a decent camera, has the color led that is very usefull, is very usefull with emails too. As a smooth system (the best i tried and still use). But, the system ended. You will not have updates and at some point you will not have apps working properly due to is evolution, the native browser is one of them. You have some android apps they will eventually stop because of the same reason and the system is not that smooth with them. So at some point it will stuck and you will be forced to upgrade. If you just use it for comunications, email and stuff, as me you will have phone for a while. If you need apps running, better hardware you have to choose a new one.
    07-18-17 05:45 AM
    I'm new to Q10: having started on BlackBerry Z10 through to Passport..then Priv..then back to Passport.
    The Q10 is certainly not as fast as the Passport, but with the latest firmware it's much faster than I recall the Z10 was. I have a Samsung S7 edge and yet I keep coming back to BB10.
    This Q10 is sweet! Keyboard, pretty good battery, runs my banking app ok, and good speaker!
    I am tempted by the Keyone keyboard only: because other than that, I run the full suite of BlackBerry software on the Samsung, and there is a certain dissatisfaction with Android. I rarely use the Samsung and the size now seems outlandish after a short while with the Q10.
    And I have tablets galore on both Apple and Android!
    Maybe I have a soft spot for the obsolete? My dammed Pebble is still great, and the Huawei smartwatch is never as good, collecting dust next to the Samsung..

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-18-17 06:21 PM
    Yeah, Q10 has so many cool quirks that I love but I also love and need android apps and stuff. I just want to be able to do what I do on the Q10 plus more. Plus the keyboard is one of my selling points. I hate touch screens keyboards. Thanks for all of your opinions.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 08:25 PM
    Yeah, Q10 has so many cool quirks that I love but I also love and need android apps and stuff. I just want to be able to do what I do on the Q10 plus more. Plus the keyboard is one of my selling points. I hate touch screens keyboards. Thanks for all of your opinions.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely R8 and 100% agree with you. I love this keyboard and now a days I communicated with my gf with txt msg typed frm my Q10. And even I changed my txt msg plan from limited to unlimited lol

My Q10 is awesome just like my gf..
    07-18-17 09:29 PM
    I can think of many - non removable battery, day long use, footprint, balance when typing, keyboard (excluding the impressive touchpad feature), pricing, Android too much personalization, etc.

Yet, each must determine what is best for their needs.
    07-19-17 12:29 AM
    Please use the word 'size' instead of the word 'footprint'. Using simple language which everyone can understand is always a good thing. Using jargon creates an impression (correctly or otherwise) that the writer is being disingenuous.

I use a q10 for messaging, phone calls, photos/muisc/videos and organising. For these tasks the Q10 is ideal because it is compact and has a good camera and keyboard. If you need a 'device' to do other things the Q10 may fall short.
    bbnrs likes this.
    07-20-17 04:03 PM
    As long as you can live with limited battery life and a very problematic app support, Q10 is a fine device.

If you don't mind paying so much money for a phone with ridiculously slow HW (I've had excellent battery life on Z1 Compact with a very powerful CPU at that time), then go to KeyOne. Be sure to try it in the store first, I was shocked by shodiness of the screen. If you can live without physical keyboard, basically any Android device is the better choice (Sony's topmodels have had in the last years famous battery life and screen on time).

I'd go for it when the price drops a bit. It is the only phone on the market with keyboard (not mentioning the Priv with it's tragical battery life and terribly "hot" CPU), but still it's waaaaay to expensive But I will go for it anyway, I'll abandon my Q10 when the WhatsApp shuts down.

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    07-30-17 06:00 AM
44 12