The Q10 wins hands down with its smaller size and removable battery.

Otherwise, what might the KEYone have in its favor (other than perhaps its Android capability) when matched up against the Q10?

. . . . . Pete
    04-18-17 08:45 PM
    Larger, higher resolution screen. Larger battery, quick-charge. Better camera - still & video. The keypad acts as a trackpad. Greater storage onboard and larger capacity mSD support. Almost any app. To name a few.
    04-18-17 09:01 PM
    Key1 is a brand new device! It will have better everything all around.

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    04-20-17 11:19 AM
    Not directing this comment at BlackBerry, but there are many cases where a newer device CANNOT be assumed to be better than its predecessor.

Notwithstanding the drawbacks of its larger size and non-removable battery, it seems to me that it remains to be seen whether the KEY1 will better than the Q10.

. . . . . Pete
    04-20-17 01:51 PM
    Everything on the Q10 just gets the job done more than well enough.
    Only 1 thing from the KEYOne I'd like to have over is the cap touch keyboard.

Not enough to move me over though!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-20-17 04:17 PM
    Not directing this comment at BlackBerry, but there are many cases where a newer device CANNOT be assumed to be better than its predecessor.

Notwithstanding the drawbacks of its larger size and non-removable battery, it seems to me that it remains to be seen whether the KEY1 will better than the Q10.

. . . . . Pete
    Good point! now that you mention it I can think of a couple examples of "better" predecessors. I guess we will see how the key1 fares against competition and previous BlackBerry devices. We will have to wait a while to see the stats, facts, and reviews of key1 but imo because their is such a massive amount of android users and key1 being an android device, there is bound to be a lot of new fans to BlackBerry and specifically to the key1. If key1 gains a lot of positive feedback, sales, ect it could potentially be "better" than Q10. Of course this is all based on subjective thought and preferences. IMHO Q10 is the better device based on form, size, and OBVIOUSLY BB10 ;D

04-20-17 04:52 PM
    I'd like that as well! I think a smart keyboard on the Q10 would be amazing especially for the fact that it doesn't have the classic toolbelt. Not that toolbelt is necessary but could be a nice replacement besides the touch screen

04-20-17 04:55 PM
    I believe that, physically, the only thing that's better about the KEYone is the capacitive keyboard and camera. Everything else belongs to the Q10: removable battery, form factor, looks, Keyboard size (I don't know about the feel yet). I guess I don't really see USB C as a plus as I don't do anything else with micro USB, the processor in the Q10 is great and for essentials is fast, and for you fast-charge users, nothing is better than swapping out your battery.

Unfortunately, the Q10 falters on the software side now which is equally as important as the physical. Sure BB10 flows better and is more efficient, but I can't get a couple of indispensable apps, my most used apps are constantly freezing up/painfully slow/crashing or lacking features, and mapping is utterly worthless. Due to these software issues, all that efficiency of the BB10OS goes out the window.
    04-20-17 05:06 PM
    and for you fast-charge users, nothing is better than swapping out your battery.
    I feel like my Q10 charges just as fast if not faster than my LG v10 which has fast charge capabilities. +1 for the Q10

04-20-17 05:32 PM
    I feel like my Q10 charges just as fast if not faster than my LG v10 which has fast charge capabilities. +1 for the Q10

Not as fast, but with a smaller capacity battery, it will take a lot less time charging a 2100 battery than a 3000.
    04-20-17 05:45 PM
    Not as fast, but with a smaller capacity battery, it will take a lot less time charging a 2100 battery than a 3000.
    Totally forgot about that fact, makes sense. But my Q10 still lasts longer than my v10, prolly because it doesn't get bombarded with app updates, adds, ect...

04-20-17 10:27 PM
    Totally forgot about that fact, makes sense. But my Q10 still lasts longer than my v10, prolly because it doesn't get bombarded with app updates, adds, ect...

If you're getting bombarded by ads on any device/platform, something isn't right.
    04-21-17 06:22 AM

. . . . . Pete
    Very well stated.

Indeed, looking far into the distant future when my stock of Q's is depleted, IF there was a Blandroid version of the Q, I MIGHT consider switching. The footprint, removable, battery, etc are just fabulous.
    04-21-17 09:31 AM
    If you're getting bombarded by ads on any device/platform, something isn't right.
    I don't doubt it at all that there could be something wrong with my V10 I let my kids play with it, and I use some apps not from the playstore

04-21-17 10:37 AM
    With all the above being said, how many Q10 owners will get Key1??? I'm not saying to replace this amazing little phone but just to have.

04-21-17 02:56 PM
    I bought a brand new Q10 from ebay about a month ago so this thread interested me. Have to agree with the OP that the Q10 wins with its smaller size and removable battery. I should add though that I don't use apps mainly just use the Q10 for texting, emailing, calls & internet browsing.

I'm pleased they're releasing the Keyone the keyboard looks great & I hope it does well. I just don't need a phone that big & heavy compared to the Q10.
    04-21-17 03:02 PM
    I'm pleased they're releasing the Keyone the keyboard looks great & I hope it does well. I just don't need a phone that big & heavy compared to the Q10.
    Agreed, Q10 size is the best, im waiting for the day when phones will be back to the size of the bricks people used carry : )
    04-21-17 03:08 PM

. . . . . Pete
    You couldn't be more wrong on this.
    04-22-17 11:30 AM
    You couldn't be more wrong on this.
    How so?

04-22-17 11:51 AM
    I have been using the Q10 for the last three years and last year I got the Samsung phone as a second phone. My Q10 is running smooth and without any issues, aside from the lack of apps, while the Samsung becomes laggy quite a bit.

Android is never going to be as smooth and refined as BB10. I am waiting for the S8+ to replace the other Sammy but will keep the Q10 for as long as it is still functioning.

Coming to the question, and with the above stated, I think the apps selection will be in the KEYone's favour, the keypad will be better and the larger screen is also a plus.

Other than that, I doubt it it will be any better.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 12:25 PM
    bb, yes, how so?

. . . . Pete
    04-22-17 12:33 PM
    I really love my Q10. There are Apps I use daily: Swiss public transport app, Swiss Mobile and tomtom. Q10 can't give the GPS Signal to these apps, I think it's a matter of BB10 and android app running on it. So I look forward to a "BB" tool and fully functional Android apps.
    04-22-17 12:38 PM

Not enough to move me over though!

I agree with you. A good addition would be a thumb print scanner in the space bar. But for all this cool hardware to work the Q10 would need updated internals. A more pragmatic solution would be to go for the KeyOne. But I like BB10 which is the reason I prefer the Q10 (for now).

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 01:28 AM
    In the "Q10" column don't forget it has Blend.
    04-26-17 08:49 AM
    I love my Q10

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 10:40 AM
30 12