kind of a silly question in that I know it probably is global with GSM/CDMA/LTE, but I wanted to jus make sure. Also, do we know if it will do data/voice over SVDO/3G and/or data/voice over LTE/CDMA? Those are big features for me, especially when tethering. The iphone5 currently does not support data/voice over either option which is bad!
    05-22-13 08:11 AM
    I don't have it yet but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do data over voice. That's a network thing. Not a phone problem.
    05-23-13 09:07 AM
    I believe all android phones on verizon can do data/voice over LTE. Some phones like the thunderbolt, the razr, the rezound can do data voice over 3g as well. The network "thing" was a thing of the past. It is now a hardware issue as to whether the device will support it.
    05-23-13 09:24 AM
    I don't think any of the North American Q10 other than the Rogers SQN100-3 will get LTE in Europe, as Rogers is the only carrier that uses the 2600 band that used in Europe.

In regards to voice and data at the same time, try checking with the Z10 users on Verizon.
    05-23-13 09:24 AM
    Just give me the goddamn phone already Verizon..
    05-23-13 09:25 AM
    I feel your pain lyles.
    05-23-13 09:39 AM
    I believe all android phones on verizon can do data/voice over LTE. Some phones like the thunderbolt, the razr, the rezound can do data voice over 3g as well. The network "thing" was a thing of the past. It is now a hardware issue as to whether the device will support it.
    AFAIK you are correct about LTE and voice... But in every application I have seen 3G CDMA data and voice is not up to the device, unless the voice is coming over data as well (Skype or google voice). As of about 2 years ago I personally know this to be true, I have been on GSM since July of 2011 so unless VZW or Sprint have changed something, it is still part of the technology unless you have LTE/WiMaxx
    05-23-13 12:44 PM
    AFAIK you are correct about LTE and voice... But in every application I have seen 3G CDMA data and voice is not up to the device, unless the voice is coming over data as well (Skype or google voice). As of about 2 years ago I personally know this to be true, I have been on GSM since July of 2011 so unless VZW or Sprint have changed something, it is still part of the technology unless you have LTE/WiMaxx
    Svdo upgrade was quietly implemented in several devices in the last year to allow data/over 3g services. I had this discussion extensively on the android central forums several months back. The question now is, will the q10 support this... Or even, does the z10 support it.

Adding to that, will it support data/voice over lte... Iphone 5 currently supports neither.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    05-23-13 12:53 PM
    Svdo upgrade was quietly implemented in several devices in the last year to allow data/over 3g services. I had this discussion extensively on the android central forums several months back. The question now is, will the q10 support this... Or even, does the z10 support it.

Adding to that, will it support data/voice over lte... Iphone 5 currently supports neither.

Thanks for the info, I happily kicked Sprint to the curb back when no device was doing it, so I am rusty on my CDMA knowledge.
    05-23-13 03:07 PM
    Thanks for the info, I happily kicked Sprint to the curb back when no device was doing it, so I am rusty on my CDMA knowledge.
    Yea, I thought they skipped this enhancement when they shifted to lte, but they didn't. Now it's up to the devices to support it. As far as Sprint tho, i have no idea where they're at and if they have enabled the same capabilities network wide.

OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    05-23-13 03:19 PM