Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for some help. I'm being outgunned in the discussion of whether or not the Q10 is VoLTE capable.

I guess I gathered just enough information from the discussion boards in crackberry to get myself into a battle of whits on reddit.

All i'm trying to do is confirm whether the Q10 is no longer being activated due to it's technology or a matter of policy. Here is a link if anybody wants to chime in. https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...4g_lte_phones/

Thanks guys. Long live my Q10!
    01-08-19 03:49 PM
    Reality is it is easier for Carrier's if they limit the devices that their support people have to deal with. Dropping support for six year old phones that are powered by an almost unknown operating system that is for all purposes EOL, is only going to affect a very small number of users.
    01-09-19 08:40 AM
    Verizon will only activate a Q10 if it was bought from Verizon and therefore is CDMA and Verizon branded. Ditto for the Classic. They don't sell either device now of course, but they used to, and their BYODevice plan allows you to bring in any phone that will run on their network, and they have to allow it.

I had a Q10 running on Verizon for 5+ years, when I bought a 2nd-hand Verizon-branded Classic. I took the Classic to a local Verizon store (mostly because I needed a new smaller SIM card for the Classic, or I might not have bothered letting them know I was switching devices), and it took me almost an hour to convince them to activate the Classic as a replacement for the Q10. In the end, they did activate it, but they weren't happy about it. (I also made it clear that I knew as much as they did about the working innards of both phones, and I was prepared to stay there all day, insisting on talking to the next higher-up, until they activated it.)

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-09-19 06:56 PM