Hi, currently use a 9790 and im looking to move up. I've settled on Q5 or 10. I email, bbm, type a lot, also surf the net. Also need to connect playbook just for internet. I also use the camera a lot. Anyone suggest which one would be best?
    09-06-13 08:06 AM
    Q10... love mine. Been a long time Bold user 9000 >9900 > Q10. The keyboard is amazing, second to none... I'd suggest getting the Q10, battery life is amazing, camera is excellent...and did I mention keyboard is unbeatable?!!

You can also go try both devices at a carrier which has them. You can see the feel of the device and test out the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    tegowner, zeteo and swishhh like this.
    09-06-13 08:08 AM
    Good, battery life is important as I'm a heavy user, bbm, facebook, twiter. Hopping I won't need second battery as I do now.
    09-14-13 01:25 PM
    I have to figure for a user like you the 10 is the clear answer. Great for all your uses. BTW, and slightly OT, I find the standard twitter app for BlackBerry 10 just ok. Blaq, OTOH, is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 03:51 PM
    Good, battery life is important as I'm a heavy user, bbm, facebook, twiter. Hopping I won't need second battery as I do now.
    Battery life is amazing...do a search around CB and see for yourself! I myself get through a full day with my Q10. No spare battery needed (as opposed to the Z10 - battery bundle a necessity!)
    09-14-13 04:22 PM
    I should have said also that the Q10 battery is terrific. Even with moderate use I can get two full days. Even if I am near a charger I don't have to plug in on day one. Does that leave me in between some days? Yeah but the battery pack is nothing at all to carry if necessary. I was full yesterday, haven't been on the charger since Thursday night and am at 18% now. Not bad, huh?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 11:32 PM
    You gotta go into a store and try them both out. Personally for me, I didn't like the feel of the 5's keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:23 AM
    Q10 for me. Can't stand the cheap plasticky feel when pressing Q5's keyboard. If money is not an issue, I highly recommend Q10 over Q5.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:34 AM
    money is not an issue, will get phone free as an upgrade on my contract. had a 9320 abd the keyboard was horible, my a9790 keyboard is a dream to type on, although a little small, the q10 is the right size in both keyboard and screen. so yes going for the q10.
    09-15-13 02:33 AM
    I personally don't like the look of the Q5.

Helen

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 02:45 AM
    money is not an issue, will get phone free as an upgrade on my contract. had a 9320 abd the keyboard was horible, my a9790 keyboard is a dream to type on, although a little small, the q10 is the right size in both keyboard and screen. so yes going for the q10.
    Good choice. The Q10 has the best keyboard I have ever typed on.

BlackBerry 10 may take a day or two to get used to, because it is so different from OS7 devices. I had been a long time BlackBerry user, so the upgrade definitely took some time to adapt to. But after a few days the flow of the operating system became second nature and it's so weird to use friends' old BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 03:22 AM
    I look forward to getting used to it, going to shop on Monday to pick it up. Can't wait...
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-15-13 10:08 AM
    Good choice. The Q10 has the best keyboard I have ever typed on.

BlackBerry 10 may take a day or two to get used to, because it is so different from OS7 devices. I had been a long time BlackBerry user, so the upgrade definitely took some time to adapt to. But after a few days the flow of the operating system became second nature and it's so weird to use friends' old BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    I went with a Z10, but I agree with what it feels like when you go back. I really like the keyboard on my old Curve, and the OS is really different, but it is just too hard to go back when you're used to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 10:25 AM
    Q10 v Q5-q10-q5-6.jpg

Q10 owner, and recently got a Q5 that's on loan to me for a short period of time. in a nutshell, if budget is no issue, the Q10 will be my choice.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 02:23 PM
    If money is not an issue isn't it a no brainer? Q10 has everything that the Q5 does just better and more. Most amazing keyboard ever on a phone, and I've used many. Battery is excellent, but if you start downloading apps it can drain the battery. Not sure what you mean free, Q10 should not be free even on upgrade? No? I got mine in Costco a few months back. It was $50 less plus has a 90 exchange policy for another phone (14 for returns).

BTW, be prepared for a learning curve. I actually picked it up within a day or so but didn't really get hooked for a while. Now I love it. Hate the bugs and the obvious features that are missing (many of which were on earlier BlackBerry OS's) but love the phone anyway
    09-15-13 02:30 PM
    A friend of mine got a Q5 for himself... Let me play with it for most of the day. I was impressed! It didn't feel like a Curve, you know all cheap plastic feel sorta thing, also the keyboard didn't have a cheap feel to it either. My ONLY gripe with it is that it does not have a removable battery. I have 2 batteries for my Q10 in case I end up spending extra hours at the office or whatever, it is god-sent item for me lol.

I am personally using a Q10, it took about 2 days to get used to it, I think this is the best f----ing BlackBerry ever made! The battery life is not too shabby either [depends on TOO many variables - eg. signal strength, WiFi, Bluetooth, what you're using it for, etc] But I can safely say, for myself - I can squeeze out 14+ hours on a single charge.
    Al Watson likes this.
    09-15-13 03:09 PM
    I often don't make it to the end of the day on one charge. I don use wifi, browse the internet, bluetooth etc. My primary use if text, email, phone (not a ton) and a couple of apps, nothing major. I have 3 email accounts. 2 from my work server and one yahoo account. Like the previous poster said, there are so many variables that its difficult to classify.
    Al Watson likes this.
    09-15-13 03:36 PM
    As the others have said, if money is no issue (oh how I wish now...), the Q10 is the clear choice.

I too can go almost 2 days of decent use without charging my phone. Some nights I'm just too lazy to plug in, but I don't worry as I can get though most of the next day too. With heavier usage, this does not apply.

You mentioned pictures. The 10 has a better camera too.

I love my Q10, but having said that, my "new" budget would have had me picking up a Q5 instead.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:20 PM
    I should have said also that the Q10 battery is terrific. Even with moderate use I can get two full days. Even if I am near a charger I don't have to plug in on day one. Does that leave me in between some days? Yeah but the battery pack is nothing at all to carry if necessary. I was full yesterday, haven't been on the charger since Thursday night and am at 18% now. Not bad, huh?

Posted via CB10
    Idk how people say this is possible with moderate use. I get a day out of my battery at most which is great. But I don't play games all I do is email text and read news and facebook and crackberry, my battery lasts me from 6-10 which again is great but not "amazing"

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-15-13 08:26 PM
    I would say you made a good choice, the keyboard is great, so is the battery life, compared to the battery life of the 9790, your gonna be surprised how much better it is.

I definitely miss the trackpad, only when copying and pasting/selection, with saying that the positives outweigh the negatives, browsing is a charm, the camera is pretty awesom, I never took pictures with my 9900, now I keep my Q10 ready to shoot, sound quality is also pretty darn good.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:35 PM
    I would say you made a good choice, the keyboard is great, so is the battery life, compared to the battery life of the 9790, your gonna be surprised how much better it is.

I definitely miss the trackpad, only when copying and pasting/selection, with saying that the positives outweigh the negatives, browsing is a charm, the camera is pretty awesom, I never took pictures with my 9900, now I keep my Q10 ready to shoot, sound quality is also pretty darn good.

Posted via CB10
    I got used to not having the trackpad and would not trade the screen real estate for it. Camera is not bad but nothing special. The iPhone and S4 seem to have camera's that are closer to replacing a point and shoot one than this one is
    09-15-13 09:25 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Q10! .. and when os 10.2 officially releases on it, hopefully this coming week, it will be even more awesome!!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 09:33 PM
    Q10! .. and when os 10.2 officially releases on it, hopefully this coming week, it will be even more awesome!!

Posted via CB10
    What makes you think that the release is imminent?
    09-15-13 11:21 PM