Hi everyone. I just got a Q10 w/ OS10 version 10.2.1.3337 and I was only able to transfer files to it once. I connected it to windows 7 via usb and it came up as drive Z in Windows Explorer. I had to run the installer in drive Z before I could drag and drop files, but it worked fine.

Now when I plug in the Q10 and run Blackberry Device Manager, I get a message that says "Blackberry [PIN: <XXXXXX>] has been connect to the system. Initializing device access." That's as far as it gets. It no longer appears as a drive in Windows Explorer.

On the Q10 I went to Storage and Access and set USB Connection to "Connect to Windows", but that didn't help. When I go to Device Manager "Blackberry" appears in the hierarchy w/out any indication that there's an issue. When I try to update the driver, Windows tells me the best driver is already installed (4.2.0.19). Hope someone can please help me with this issue.

Thanks
    08-04-20 10:23 PM
    Hi everyone. I just got a Q10 w/ OS10 version 10.2.1.3337 and I was only able to transfer files to it once. I connected it to windows 7 via usb and it came up as drive Z in Windows Explorer. I had to run the installer in drive Z before I could drag and drop files, but it worked fine.

Now when I plug in the Q10 and run Blackberry Device Manager, I get a message that says "Blackberry [PIN: <XXXXXX>] has been connect to the system. Initializing device access." That's as far as it gets. It no longer appears as a drive in Windows Explorer.

On the Q10 I went to Storage and Access and set USB Connection to "Connect to Windows", but that didn't help. When I go to Device Manager "Blackberry" appears in the hierarchy w/out any indication that there's an issue. When I try to update the driver, Windows tells me the best driver is already installed (4.2.0.19). Hope someone can please help me with this issue.

Thanks
    Enable SMB v1 on Windows temporarily while you access your device. A quick Google search will tell you how.
    08-05-20 06:47 AM
    Thanks for getting back to me. Here's what I did:

Opened an elevated power shell in Win7
    Pasted "Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanSer ver\Parameters" SMB1 -Type DWORD -Value 1 –Force" <enter>
    Closed the power shell
    Restarted windows.

Unfortunately this hasn't changed anything, nor did reinstalling Blackberry Device Manager. Since my initial post I also downloaded blackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe and installed drivers "successfully" but that didn't help either. I Installed Blackberry Blend and it says can't connect.

Thanks
    08-05-20 04:38 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me. Here's what I did:

Opened an elevated power shell in Win7
    Pasted "Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanSer ver\Parameters" SMB1 -Type DWORD -Value 1 –Force"
    Closed the power shell
    Restarted windows.

Unfortunately this hasn't changed anything, nor did reinstalling Blackberry Device Manager. Since my initial post I also downloaded blackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe and installed drivers "successfully" but that didn't help either. I Installed Blackberry Blend and it says can't connect.

Thanks
    You only need the the driver from blackberry 10's desktop software.

There are probably a few more registers and links to the source of the problem.

Try the SMB protocol @conite mentioned.
    Window search 'Turn Windows features on or off', do that and restart.

Because ive seen quite a few threads like this, my recomendation, if you want to set up Z drive.

Totally fresh installation of windows offline.
    - Make a separate user account.
    - Don't mix OS profiles up.
    - Do not update this windows instance without watching for changes so you can find and undo the bs..
    - Connect to the net aftter disabling windows updates in 'Serices'
    - Install the BB10 drivers, and Link if you want it.

Test connecting to the device.
    - // drive from Wifi
    - Z drive USB
    - Provide wifi to the computer while BB10 is connected.

If what you want to work now works, make a windows recovery starting from there.

---

Their remote file system features used to be so excellent.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 08-06-20 at 06:08 PM.
    08-06-20 05:02 PM
    I can transfer files w/ a micro SD card. I can select avatar images from the card, but not sfx for ringtone and text notifications. is there a way to move files from the micro SD card to internal storage?
    08-10-20 08:36 PM