Just bought leather pouch from amazon prime for ~$16 so that I can keep phone on desk with a little cushion. Once I get really fed up after it reboots in the pouch, I'll contact AT&T for a replacement.
    08-30-13 09:26 AM
    If putting your business card in it would be a little bit of peace of mind if lost. Easy mod for sure
    08-30-13 10:16 AM
    Folded a piece of paper under battery cover yesterday and no reboots since!!! Thanks for the advice!
    08-31-13 11:47 PM
    Ridiculous... 2 q's that reboot when tapped on anything, a Z that reboots when you shake it... Why can't anything just work??? I love my Z, but that crap gets annoying, haha
    08-31-13 11:59 PM
    I think this is one of the reasons removable batteries are disappearing.

I thought it was random reboots, but upon investigation came to the same conclusion. Folded paper has reduced the problem to almost zero reboots for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 12:15 AM
    Yeah, but that has never been an issue before with any BB, which have all had removable batteries
    09-01-13 12:17 AM
    THE BACK COVER IS THE PROBLEM, JUST GET A NEW BACK COVER!!!
    Hi,

I had this problem a couple of months back and got my phone replaced by t-mobile.
    By the time it happened again (when they replace the phone it's only the phone, not the battery or cover so problem persisted) they had figured out what the problem was.

A small (relatively) amount of back covers were made badly that produced this problem. Blackberry will replace your back cover for free. All new covers you would buy at this point should not have this problem.

T-mobile actually credited my account so I just went on Amazon and got a new cover, quicker than Blackberry.

Or use the paper...
    11-12-13 02:06 PM
    I have also experienced this myself. I had a black Q10 that would reboot any time I placed it down somewhere, especially if I was sending or receiving a text or call. It got to the point where just taking it out of my pocket caused a reboot. I tried a few different batteries to see if that was the issue. Not it. Tried a few different covers, from both black and white Q10 phones. Not it either. Even went to the Verizon store and got a new SIM card. Didn't fix it. Had Verizon replace the black Q10 with another one, same set of problems, even with all the variables changed out again. I tried the business card trick with my black Q10 as well with no luck. My boss has a white Q10 and I have never been able to get it to reboot like my phone does. So for my 3rd Q10 I requested that Verizon replace my black phone with a white phone.

Voila my problem is fixed! Despite my various efforts I cannot get the white Q10 to reboot when placed down like my two black Q10's. So now I am thinking this is a problem specific to the black Q10. I even put the black battery cover onto the white Q10 and I still couldn't get it to reboot. This tells me that it definitely was not the battery cover.

In short, the only thing that fixed my rebooting issue was going to a white Q10. Nothing I could do or replace to the black phone would fix it. Hope this helps!
    11-13-13 06:25 PM
    My Q10 shuts off at the slightest tap. I can just tap the phone ANYWHERE and it shuts off and reboots itself. When I place it on my desk, it shuts off, if its in my pocket and my hand brushes up against it - it shuts off...its a pain in the you know what. Such a good phone and to be so sensitive is more trouble than it's worth. I dont want to have to take the time to exchange it but it just seems unavoidable.
    11-19-13 10:38 AM
    I was reading some of the previous posts and read that a loose battery cover may be the issue - so I took a folded sticky note and placed it inside the battery cover..and it seems to work! as ridiculous as it sounds, the battery is loose and the piece of paper works! before the slightest tap would shut it off. Try it out!
    11-19-13 10:47 AM
    This is such a ghetto fix. I'd never buy another Q10 again if I had to subject my $700+ phone with stuffed paper to get it to remain powered on. So much for build quality, right? All three Q10s I owned did not exhibit this issue. My current one does have a creaky battery cover. Disappointed.
    11-19-13 10:58 AM
    This is such a ghetto fix. I'd never buy another Q10 again if I had to subject my $700+ phone with stuffed paper to get it to remain powered on. So much for build quality, right? All three Q10s I owned did not exhibit this issue. My current one does have a creaky battery cover. Disappointed.
    I feel ya. I feel the same. How are we supposed to be proactive power users of BB when ours don't even worry right. I mean, how am I supposed to demo and then have to reboot--that's exactly what EVERY previous owner will laugh at--and the funny part is all of the above and in the thread HAPPEN.
    11-19-13 02:00 PM
    A folded piece of paper UNDER the battery, on the side opposite the connectors, works. Ghetto, I know. But works.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:58 PM
    Is it the battery door that is the issue? Like to resolve the problem, would I need a new battery or new back?

(I'm currently using a folded sticky note to remedy the problem.)
    11-19-13 07:19 PM
    I don't know if this is a battery door issue entirely, at least it was not for me. If you think about it, removing the battery from the phone and putting it back in does not automatically cause the phone to reboot. It just turns off and stays off. You have to actually power the phone back on using the top button. Therefore, if the battery cover was faulty, causing the battery connection to be loose, instead of seeing reboots when the phone is impacted, it would simply shut off and require you to press the power button to turn it back on. Just my thoughts on that matter.

Is everyone using only the black Q10? As I said in my previous post, I had this issue with two black Q10's but switching to a white Q10 solved the problem completely. I've been using the battery cover from my black Q10 that had all the issues because I like the way it looks (I have a white cover just in case) and have not seen a single restart. Therefore, my issue at least was not with the black Q10 battery cover but with the phone itself.
    11-21-13 07:13 PM
    Yep, it's just the battery moving slightly when you drop the phone. I just have a small piece of paper folded once (fold too many times and it'll actually bulge the battery door) and it doesn't happen anymore. Easy fix. Hopefully the next model will come with a little something on the battery door to do this same function. :-)
    11-22-13 03:13 AM
    Is it the battery door that is the issue? Like to resolve the problem, would I need a new battery or new back?

(I'm currently using a folded sticky note to remedy the problem.)
    Honestly, that folded sticky note remedy is all you need. No need to spend more money when the problem is fixed with something fast, free, and invisible...
    Amy wineBerry likes this.
    11-22-13 03:22 AM
    Def battery issue..or maybe your backdoor
    11-22-13 01:40 PM
    Yup, fixed my wife's Q10 with a folded sticky note. Cheap and easy.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 05:34 AM
    Had my Q10 for two weeks and noticed the reboot when setting down. Not impressed as I am a long time Blackberry owner; used Bold until recently upgrading. And a loose battery and/or cover sneaks past quality control? Loyalty being tested, will fold a sticky note and soldier on.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 09:49 PM
    I remember reading about this issue a while back and was thinking how I haven't experienced any issues with my Q10. Well now I'm in the same vote and I have the big Otter Box!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:45 AM
    My two month old q10 did it this am when I dropped it onto a hard surface (intentionally).

I think it is all about a loose battery contact to phone. I use two batteries. When I swapped out the battery it wouldn't reboot like the other battery that was in there when it originally ebooted due to the drop. I made sure to reproduce it several times to determine for certain the reboot occurred due to the drop.

Putting a piece of paper on battery is not a solution for me as I swap batteries out daily. Maybe electrical tape in layers behind the battery on q10 itself is better?

This is a joke. Good job bb!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 08:38 AM
    I had the same issue with my Q10. Some days it was more sensitive than others. Sometimes the phone would reboot when trying to remove from the holster to answer a call. Sometimes I could invoke a reboot when the device was setting in my car's center console cupholder and I drummed hard enough on the top of the gear shift lever. I ordered a replacement from the carrier after about five months of this. I haven't experienced this issue with the replacement in six weeks whereas the original handset was having this problem pretty much right away. If this sounds similar to your experience I recommend replacing the handset.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    12-07-13 10:50 AM
    Sounds like it is luck of draw but I suspect over time as the contacts wear it'll happen one way or the other. I know batt fitment wise my other q10 sat much tighter which has its positive and negative (pun intended).

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 02:43 PM
    Def battery issue..or maybe your backdoor
    My backdoor is none of your business okay, Buddy?

But seriously, I doubt that this is a battery door issue at least for most users. My handset was replaced but kept the original battery door and the problem was solved. I agree with the other user who scoffed at having to resort to jamming tape or paper behind the battery as a long term fix on a $600-$700 device. BB should be working to get these defective handsets out of service.
    12-08-13 11:00 AM
59 123