I've notice my Q10 shuts itself off the last few days. Any idea why it's doing this and what I can do to keep it from doing this?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-18 03:57 AM
    Not much to go on.....

Uninstall any recent apps.
    Reload the OS.
    09-05-18 08:22 AM
    Maybe needs battery replacement?
    09-05-18 08:24 AM
    Loose battery connection, I'm guessing. There a few threads that cover some workarounds.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-18 08:46 AM
    I've notice my Q10 shuts itself off the last few days. Any idea why it's doing this and what I can do to keep it from doing this?

Posted via CB10
    Shuts itself off, or reboots? If the later, it's probably the infamous problem of poor battery connection causing random and frequent reboots. As mentioned above, there are numerous threads in the Q10 CB forums providing workarounds, most involve strategic placing of card to improve battery contact with power connectors... Worked for me!
    If on the other hand, your Q10 is shutting down, I'm less confident that this (loose battery) is the route cause. Doea the power drain away? Perhaps it's a dodgy battery, what does the BBVE app report?
    09-05-18 02:18 PM
    It completely shut off. I can power it back on but later in will be off again. no new apps installed.
    09-05-18 02:40 PM
    I have owned every BB10 device, except Z3, Leap and PPSE. All of my BB10 phones rebooted themselves occasionally, and very occasionally would shut down. My current Passport does both. If it is happening enough to be a problem, reload the latest OS by autoloader and without restoring any backup. If the problem then persists, it's time to replace the battery, then the device, if necessary.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-18 05:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    reload again your os,
    im sure it was hardware issue

BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-11-18 02:07 AM
    reload again your os,
    im sure it was hardware issue

If it's a hardware issue, reloading the os won't fix this. Your advice is misleading and there are less drastic steps to take first.

Posted via CB10
    towngirl likes this.
    09-11-18 09:38 PM
  10. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    If it's a hardware issue, reloading the os won't fix this. Your advice is misleading and there are less drastic steps to take first.

Posted via CB10
    we try reload os
    if it wasnt solved it was hardware issue.

09-12-18 10:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not that it helps but are you using the charger that came with it? My husband has the dtek50 and it does this once in a while because at work is not the real charger, it's at home. When it does this, he has turn it off and bring it home to charge, while its off.

The only real problem is that you cannot rebuy the real charger if it no longer works because they do break.
    09-13-18 08:56 AM
  12. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Not that it helps but are you using the charger that came with it? My husband has the dtek50 and it does this once in a while because at work is not the real charger, it's at home. When it does this, he has turn it off and bring it home to charge, while its off.

The only real problem is that you cannot rebuy the real charger if it no longer works because they do break.
    realistic, i will do so.
    plug it more power than before.
    2.1A samsung charger or original charger 1,3A

09-13-18 10:10 AM
    realistic, i will do so.
    plug it more power than before.
    2.1A samsung charger or original charger 1,3A

2.1 seems to burn the phone out. I would not use it.
    09-13-18 10:48 AM
  14. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    2.1 seems to burn the phone out. I would not use it.
    no, im using it today.
    its realy fast and not too hot.
    but if you want to be safe, choice 1,8A or 1,3A

09-13-18 10:52 AM
    Yes, but again the OP could try reseating the battery/securing the battery before taking this step. In the case where there's a workaround for the hardware issue, I'd strongly advise that instead of reloading the OS.
    09-13-18 01:37 PM
    Not wishing to be difficult, but surely if the issue was the common electrical contact issue with the sprung battery contacts, then the phone would be rebooting, not shutting down? BB10 devices automatically reboot as soon as battery power is restored. There would be no harm in trying another battery, with some masking tape on the base to compress the contacts a little further, but I think this is much more likely to be a software or motherboard problem...

Posted via CB10
    09-14-18 06:39 AM
    My Q5 has been doing this lately. it will randomly shut down with plenty of battery percentage left. Then you try to power it back on and it gives the big red empty battery icon after the initial "BlackBerry" startup screen.

Then I put it on a charger and it starts up and shows 90% battery when it reboots after a minute.

I don't know if battery calibration is a myth but today I downloaded a "battery drainer" app and ran the battery down from 100 to 1 in a very short time. then I charged it back to 100 without touching it.

So far so good but we'll see if it works .
    09-14-18 07:37 AM
    My Q5 has been doing this lately. it will randomly shut down with plenty of battery percentage left. Then you try to power it back on and it gives the big red empty battery icon after the initial "BlackBerry" startup screen.

Then I put it on a charger and it starts up and shows 90% battery when it reboots after a minute.

I don't know if battery calibration is a myth but today I downloaded a "battery drainer" app and ran the battery down from 100 to 1 in a very short time. then I charged it back to 100 without touching it.

So far so good but we'll see if it works .
    That might help the phone to provide a slightly more accurate reading of remaining battery charge by recalibrating upper and lower voltages, but it sounds like your Q5 battery is done.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-18 08:48 AM
    I'm not sure it is. I got this Q5 not long ago from a guy who bought it on Virgin Mobile in 2013 and had it sitting in a drawer for almost 4 years. And I've barely used it! I paid $20 for this Red Q5. Really love it.
    09-14-18 02:44 PM
    It depends how the phone has been stored, but if the charge cycles are minimal, you might be in luck! I am still using an iPod Nano 3G, this is now 11 years old, and the battery life is still reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-18 05:33 PM