This might be a duplicate topic, but I use the regular text message app, not any apps like whatsapp, so is there a way to remove or decrease the size of these huge text bubbles or customize anything in there. The whole design for texts is UGLY. I can't screen shot a whole convo, on my 9810 I could get 5-7 one line texts, the phone I can maybe see 2 in a screenshot. Why so big? It's wasting space. That dumb grey box and the uglier yellow line under the senders text.

Any thoughts?
    paxtonbt and jschollen like this.
    06-13-13 09:56 AM
    Guess that's a no! Thanks for all your help. You guys can sometimes be too helpful.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and TSY-CB like this.
    06-14-13 11:39 PM
    Totally agree with you, I text a lot and wish they'd completely revamp it.
    jschollen likes this.
    06-15-13 12:38 AM
    They are too busy posting on the "BlackBerry is sucks" threads.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-15-13 12:40 AM
    But no there is no way to customize that yet. But I'm sure it's an easy fix if they are aware of the problem.

06-15-13 12:41 AM
    They are too busy posting on the "BlackBerry is sucks" threads.

LOL
    06-15-13 12:42 AM
    Yeah, it's absolutely awful and there's no way to change it. This was essentially my biggest gripe about the OS, until I got my Q10 in my hands and saw how awful the screen brightness is. Here's a screenshot of a basic text message conversation. The design, spacing, wasted space... it's 100% unprofessional and BlackBerry developers should be ashamed of the presentation. It's terrible. If you want to see solid typographical design and sizing, look no further than BlackBerry OS7 or the CrackBerry 10 app.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Q10 Text Message Font Size And Layout - Overall look-img_00000002.png  
    Last edited by paxtonbt; 06-15-13 at 01:30 AM.
    SharonRD likes this.
    06-15-13 01:15 AM
    And you can bet that this will change, but people need to get on BlackBerry *** to get this changed quickly.

06-15-13 01:07 PM
    Check the CrackBerry 10 app. These developers know how to make a professional UI.

Q10 Text Message Font Size And Layout - Overall look-img_00000007.png

It's unfortunate that the text messaging app looks so unprofessional.

Q10 Text Message Font Size And Layout - Overall look-img_00000008.png

What the **** is that cluttered mess? ^

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    SharonRD likes this.
    06-15-13 04:49 PM
    It's the worst ever! As much as I text I get a constant reminder about how terrible it looks. I jst hope they change it, and soon. I love my phone, but the text app leaves much to be desired. I know there's a mod out there somewhere that can bump this and get BBRY to acknowledge and work on it. I wonder what the Z10 users interface looks like, I don't remember any complaints. Did Q10 get the short end of the stick?

Posted via CB10
    paxtonbt likes this.
    06-16-13 09:52 AM
    Ouch. That is ugly.

It's like they took the Z10 version and slapped it on the Q10's half-screen.
    paxtonbt likes this.
    06-16-13 10:20 AM
    It's the worst ever! As much as I text I get a constant reminder about how terrible it looks. I jst hope they change it, and soon. I love my phone, but the text app leaves much to be desired. I know there's a mod out there somewhere that can bump this and get BBRY to acknowledge and work on it. I wonder what the Z10 users interface looks like, I don't remember any complaints. Did Q10 get the short end of the stick?

Posted via CB10
    It looks better on the Z10 because we have much more screen space but even then the layouts for me both could be improved drastically.

paxtonbt likes this.
    06-16-13 11:01 AM
    I've been asking this since I got my z10 in March I miss being able to change the text layout to lines or no borders. Even for BBM the bubbles are ugly and someone needs to fix this.
    paxtonbt likes this.
    06-16-13 11:10 AM
    Agreed - "pretty" bubbles of texts in the text msg stock app and in BBM are ugly and waste space. I like the straight lines view. I need to see the words, not fancy bubbles. That's not what makes me productive.

And I wish I could turn off the message combining "feature" in both. I want individual lines per message so I can see the times. Messages sent hours apart (with no reply from me) are combined in the same bubble with the sent time from the first message. Messages that I send hours apart (with no reply from the receiver) are also combined.

Posted via CB10
    paxtonbt and SharonRD like this.
    06-16-13 11:11 AM
    BB10 on the Q10 is rife with poor UI element sizing. I'm sure it's fine on the Z10, but it just doesn't translate, unfortunately. The texting pane is the biggest offender.

Posted via CB10
    paxtonbt likes this.
    06-16-13 11:16 AM
    I'm sure it will be fixed. There in way it will be left like this.
    06-16-13 11:50 AM
    Agreed - "pretty" bubbles of texts in the text msg stock app and in BBM are ugly and waste space. I like the straight lines view. I need to see the words, not fancy bubbles. That's not what makes me productive.

And I wish I could turn off the message combining "feature" in both. I want individual lines per message so I can see the times. Messages sent hours apart (with no reply from me) are combined in the same bubble with the sent time from the first message. Messages that I send hours apart (with no reply from the receiver) are also combined.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree about individual lines with their own times, do bot like the combining of the messages at all.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    06-16-13 12:12 PM
    OMG just playing with my two day old Q10 and something that's I find very annoying is the UI for all communication apps (BBM, Text, Email, text) Is awaful they mix everything together, stripe all functionality from old OS, BBM layou looks like a carnival, now is there a way for me to "skin" the bbm like with themes or something like that???
    paxtonbt likes this.
    06-16-13 02:53 PM
    The design of the OS is very inconsistent. I like the app screens a lot. But the HUB, settings, BBM or text are a design mess. I don't understand the blue bar in the HUB and settings when everything is black and white. Looks like they have no one responsible for the design. Each Team probably makes up their own stuff without looking at the others.

Sent from my Q10
    paxtonbt likes this.
    06-16-13 03:09 PM
    And jst now discovered you can't just delete one text within a conversation without deleting the entire history with that contact. THAT just adds to the annoyance.

And I think just recently mentioned the send or recvd messages are grouped together making it impossible to tell what time each message was sent/recvd, because it chooses to show the time of the latter. So if no reply was recvd you can't even tell what time it was sent/recvd.

Now, I'm jst being picky. I want the old style from OS7 back. I don't think it's too much to ask for.

Posted via CB10
    paxtonbt and Joel Diplan like this.
    06-16-13 03:15 PM
    Actually, you can delete individual texts within the text conversation, but it is cumbersome and time consuming. This is another one of my main issues with text messaging, which I suggested fixing in the BB10 OS forum's "Tweaks" sticky thread.

Joel Diplan likes this.
    06-16-13 03:18 PM
    SharonRD, care you share how one deletes individual texts?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 03:35 PM
    Just open the conversation, then press and hold the individuell message you want to delete. The side menu will come out and there you can delete that message without touching the whole conversation.

Sent from my Q10
    06-16-13 03:42 PM
    Oh, sorry kashi! I should have explained how in my last post. Doh! It's quite time consuming to delete individual texts, if it's a long conversation. I'd like the option to be able to 'Select All' texts, and then uncheck (or un-highlight) the texts I'd like to keep. This would be soo much quicker than the way it is done now.

06-16-13 03:49 PM
    Ahhh, got it. I guess it's important to note that you should be pressing on the time and date on the message. I'm used to pressing anywhere on the bubble and being able to delete... it's not hard at all. Thanks guys!

Just pressing anywhere...
    Q10 Text Message Font Size And Layout - Overall look-img_00000095.png

Selecting some text AND press and held the time in the top right corner of the text bubble..
    Q10 Text Message Font Size And Layout - Overall look-img_00000096.png

Posted via CB10
    buzzon likes this.
    06-16-13 04:02 PM
32 12