So I have been banging around on this Q10 and so far it has been a love/hate relationship. I feel like I have been putting more effort than most people would to make things work for me. That's okay, I enjoy the change but I have been crossing issues like how to change the generic notification now that I have updated to 10.2.1. In 10.1 there were options for notification sounds for system generic sounds. I can change tones per app or contact at the bottom of the screen. Anyone know how to do this.

Posted from Q10
    05-19-14 09:04 PM
    So I have been banging around on this Q10 and so far it has been a love/hate relationship. I feel like I have been putting more effort than most people would to make things work for me. That's okay, I enjoy the change but I have been crossing issues like how to change the generic notification now that I have updated to 10.2.1. In 10.1 there were options for notification sounds for system generic sounds. I can change tones per app or contact at the bottom of the screen. Anyone know how to do this.
    First of all the device has 5 notification profiles - you'll have to decide which one you want to edit:

• Normal
    • Phone Calls Only
    • Vibrate Only
    • Silent
    • All Alerts Off

Select the desired profile.

Go down to the bottom and select "Applications".

"Phone" section sets default phone ringer. (Per-contact ringers can override this)

"Email" Messages" section sets default tone for each email account separately. (Per-contact tones can override this)

"Text Messages" section acts like email except it being for text messages.

"Reminders" section you can set the default for all system reminder tones.

Etc.

I do not believe there is a "global systemwide default sound for everything" that can be set. It seems to automatically default to the "bing bing-bing" sound, that you can demo if you slide the Sound volume slider on the initial notifications page. (It will play a couple of seconds after you move the slider)
    asat1 and bbnrs like this.
    05-19-14 09:26 PM