My Q10 switches off if I put it slightly hard on table or lightly throw on bed etc. I use my device with a hard case. What can be wrong??

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 09:19 AM
    My Q10 switches off if I put it slightly hard on table or lightly throw on bed etc. I use my device with a hard case. What can be wrong??

Posted via CB10
    Battery may be loose? Check if its snugly fitted in.
    12-29-14 09:24 AM
    Easy, you have to add a piece of plastic between the bottom of your battery and the extruded casing (some use electric tape, avoid paper if you can). The goal is to assure a good contact between the battery and the phone connectors. You can also use a pencil eraser on the connectors if you detect some smudge or light corrosion.

I though I've already told you that, but this issue is directly linked to your other battery problems.
    12-29-14 04:32 PM
    As already stated this is an unfortunate common issue with the Q. The good news is it can be fixed rather easily: The already suggested plastic works, some people use a folded piece of paper. I would recommend using a thin piece of craft foam you get from a hobby store, use double-sided tape to apply it inside the cover over the battery. This method was actually used by some companies like Nokia or HTC by default on some of their models.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 12:18 AM
    Easy, you have to add a piece of plastic between the bottom of your battery and the extruded casing (some use electric tape, avoid paper if you can). The goal is to assure a good contact between the battery and the phone connectors. You can also use a pencil eraser on the connectors if you detect some smudge or light corrosion.

I though I've already told you that, but this issue is directly linked to your other battery problems.
    Hey thanks for the reply. My phone was showing 25% battery then I switched it off and did what u mentioned. Then restarted the phone and now it shows 37%.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 05:02 AM
    Hey thanks for the reply. My phone was showing 25% battery then I switched it off and did what u mentioned. Then restarted the phone and now it shows 37%.

Posted via CB10
    Try another battery... How long have you had the device?
    12-30-14 05:19 AM
    I bought it in June 2013. Battery health is fine and I've two batteries. One old one and one I bought recently as I was fed up with phone switching off at 14 % all the time, however even with a new battery same happened.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 05:53 AM
    I bought it in June 2013. Battery health is fine and I've two batteries. One old one and one I bought recently as I was fed up with phone switching off at 14 % all the time, however even with a new battery same happened.

Posted via CB10
    Could be the loose connection causing all these issues. Normally a abnormal charge rate, or dodgy readings mean the battery is about to go but for your particular case it could just be the loose connection.
    12-30-14 06:27 AM
    Could be the loose connection causing all these issues. Normally a abnormal charge rate, or dodgy readings mean the battery is about to go but for your particular case it could just be the loose connection.
    Thanks for your help. Hopefully, now it won't happen.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 08:00 AM
    Thanks for your help. Hopefully, now it won't happen.

Posted via CB10
    Your welcome. Issue resolved?
    12-30-14 09:20 AM
    Your welcome. Issue resolved?
    Well, I guess the battery was a bit loose so problem of random switching off is resolved now. Yet, the problem of device turning off at 14 percent level stays.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 01:13 PM
    Yet, the problem of device turning off at 14 percent level stays.
    The only thing you can do is to reset the battery estimated time left and follow a set of rules (already stated : charge to 100% without using your phone and wait for it to power off by itself before charging it again, don't swap batteries until the issue is corrected...). You won't damage your battery by doing so. Remember that it's a learning process, it will not work overnight, rather weeks.
    12-30-14 04:52 PM
    Well, I guess the battery was a bit loose so problem of random switching off is resolved now. Yet, the problem of device turning off at 14 percent level stays.

Posted via CB10
    Battery probably needs calibration? Try this Link
    12-31-14 04:33 AM
    I have not long ago read the solution to this problem and glad I did as my phone has always had this problem. Is this related to all the problems users had in the past with regards to where the phone was made? Mine is a Mexico 5.
    01-04-15 10:42 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Can someone explain what to do?
    I don't understand the previous posts about the applying material to the battery. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:00 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Can someone explain what to do?
    I don't understand the previous posts about the applying material to the battery. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    What part you don't understand? Basically the battery is a bit loose inside the compartment, when more heavier vibrations happen, the contact might break for a brief second - thus the phone turns off.
    To prevent this from happening, you need to fixate the battery better. Easiest way doing so is putting something between battery and backcover. People are using folded paper, business cards and I recommend using thin, flexible foam craft you can get at every hobby store. The material holds the battery in place, so the contact doesn't break when you for example put it on a table with more force.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 05:02 AM
    This issue has been plaguing me for a while now too. Thanks for the tips here, I'll start with some of a folded business card and see how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:24 PM
    I posted recently about my Q10 and this problem and I thank you and Joshu42 for the solution but,and I know this may not go down well,one 'poster' bought his phone in June '13,I bought mine,made in May '14,in July '14.
    So,in 12-14 months BlackBerry had done nothing to try and sort this issue out.Last time I looked,the initial thread for the Q10 was 340+pages long and around p.240 this was first spoken about.Surely that's not right for a phone you've paid a decent amount of money for?
    playfoot likes this.
    01-09-15 08:01 AM