I thought this wasn't supposed to happen anymore? I haven't changed anything - emails are still (fortunately) on the Gmail server (and the other server I use). I really need 90 days emails to be retained but cannot access any kind of advanced setup to change the (supposed default) of 30. Previous to this sudden event, the Q10 had about 120 days of emails as far as I can recollect. What happened and how can I retain my emails? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:17 AM
    The longer options for email retention on device are 30 days and "Forever". To change the time period for a Gmail account, you have to delete the account and re-add it using the "Advanced" option. Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Gmail. At the very bottom of that screen is a drop-down for "Initial Retrieval Amount". That's where you specify how long you want to keep the messages. That's all there is to it.

Quick note -- If you go for "forever", you may want to be on WiFi for the initial sync, unless you have a generous data plan.
    03-28-14 08:28 AM
    Thank you! Done it! I hadn't been swiping hard enough so the download period seemed to be stuck on 30 days but I've tried a bit harder knowing it had to be there and it was! Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:59 AM
    No problemo. Cheers.
    03-28-14 09:06 AM
    Unfortunately it did it again (first of the month issue?). I can't keep reinstalling, I'm concerned that the server will lose them too - a whole batch of them (last month's emails) have moved to a sub folder on the server called "important". I didn't even know there was such a sub folder on Gmail and this happened immediately after the BlackBerry hub deleted them. Fortunately there is no "important" folder on the BlackBerry so it can't sync them off (I hope). All I did was switch on first thing - didn't even get to read any this morning before they went off and disappeared. Any further thoughts?
    04-01-14 09:01 AM