*Speculation.

I think BlackBerry is doing a great job with the phones coming out and I do see myself as a Passport user in the next few months.

That being said, does anyone have a relatively educated guess as to what the future of the Q10 might be? Did the Classic become the new Q series phone flagship?
    Would BlackBerry continue to offer a non-belt ala Q10 type phone in the future or is it a stretch to offer both? Or is it wait and see?
    The reason I ask is that I am a huge Q10 fan. The belt was handy on my previous devices (9000, 9900) but I was able to branch away from it to the point where I don't consider it necessary; and wouldn't use the track pad over the touch screen.
    I would consider the Classic, but honestly would much rather see a Q10 successor that embodies the Q10.

So I obviously love this phone, why the successor? Similar or improved battery, better camera, better screen res, improved speakers.

Classis has a lot of this and again, I am not opposed to give it a good try, but the Q10 successor is the phone I would like to see in a year (assuming BlackBerry continues to show growth and handheld remain part of their future plans)

Ps: I understand the Classic and the need to pull older BlackBerry users into the fold

Pps: not to contradict my post but the physical keys are a bonus for dial and hang up. But I would rather they just make the space bar able to pick up or hang up as opposed to the belt.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-16-14 03:48 PM
    *Speculation.

I think BlackBerry is doing a great job with the phones coming out and I do see myself as a Passport user in the next few months.

That being said, does anyone have a relatively educated guess as to what the future of the Q10 might be? Did the Classic become the new Q series phone flagship?
    Would BlackBerry continue to offer a non-belt ala Q10 type phone in the future or is it a stretch to offer both? Or is it wait and see?
    The reason I ask is that I am a huge Q10 fan. The belt was handy on my previous devices (9000, 9900) but I was able to branch away from it to the point where I don't consider it necessary; and wouldn't use the track pad over the touch screen.
    I would consider the Classic, but honestly would much rather see a Q10 successor that embodies the Q10.

So I obviously love this phone, why the successor? Similar or improved battery, better camera, better screen res, improved speakers.

Classis has a lot of this and again, I am not opposed to give it a good try, but the Q10 successor is the phone I would like to see in a year (assuming BlackBerry continues to show growth and handheld remain part of their future plans)

Ps: I understand the Classic and the need to pull older BlackBerry users into the fold

Pps: not to contradict my post but the physical keys are a bonus for dial and hang up. But I would rather they just make the space bar able to pick up or hang up as opposed to the belt.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I know what you mean!
    I love the Q10. The Q10 looks 2014 and the Classic 2010
    But for real- I dont need the toolbelt and a non removable battery, or a silver bezel.
    I want a Q10 with little better specs. But with the actual size!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    hlg8888 likes this.
    10-16-14 04:56 PM
    That's interesting - I've found that the "shift" trick on the Q10 and figuring out you always "push" the edit circle has really made me equally quick to edit text as on the old Bold.

I'm really not sure how the Classic is going to feel, since it is certainly much larger, but the main issue is how the trackpad experience is going to be with BB10.

I like how it works on bbos, but not sure of how it'll be on bb10. We'll have to wait and see.

It would be great if they used the innovative keyboard on all new devices from now on tho. One in the 3 row style and one in the classic qwerty style.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    10-16-14 04:58 PM
    How I feel BB should market the PKB class ala Q (Passport is in a class of it's own and the de facto flagship)

Q10: Premium BB model (Please change name to Bold)
    Classic: Solid phone. One for the masses
    Q5: Entry level. Could see BB discontinue or purchase through BB store only.

The following is based on more of what I want that what will happen.
    hlg8888 and rawat_sandip like this.
    10-16-14 05:28 PM
    I have a Q10 and the "shift trick" comment caught my eye. anyone enlighten me on what that is?
    10-16-14 05:36 PM
    That's interesting - I've found that the "shift" trick on the Q10 and figuring out you always "push" the edit circle has really made me equally quick to edit text as on the old Bold.

I'm really not sure how the Classic is going to feel, since it is certainly much larger, but the main issue is how the trackpad experience is going to be with BB10.

I like how it works on bbos, but not sure of how it'll be on bb10. We'll have to wait and see.

It would be great if they used the innovative keyboard on all new devices from now on tho. One in the 3 row style and one in the classic qwerty style.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    Well, I am embarrassed. I didn't know about the shift and edit circle. That is so much easier!!! Thanks man. I know there are a fair amount of shortcuts and tricks I don't know...but that one is huge and I will be using it a lot. I've only owned this phone for 14 months
    10-16-14 05:42 PM
    I have a Q10 and the "shift trick" comment caught my eye. anyone enlighten me on what that is?

Shift is the 'Arrow' facing up located on each end of the spacebar line of the keyboard. When writing text and you want to delete a portion, hold it down then bring up the edit circle. Now drag from side to side and edit/delete what you want.

To try it, Go to bbm and write a few lines. While holding shift, tap the screen on the text box and highlight what you want to delete. I feel like I discovered America and Columbus was there 10 years before me...meaning most probably already knew this feature....haha
    hlg8888 likes this.
    10-16-14 05:46 PM
    Oustanding! thanks for sharing. I've had the phone for 1.5 years, learned something new today.
    10-17-14 04:36 PM
    Knew the shift trick for a while. A good feature. Had the phone for two months btw. I discovered something recently though, if the edit circle appears, tapping the sides of the edit circle moves it step by step rather trying to move the whole circle by holding it. I was delighted to have discovered it. Very easy to use now.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 05:48 PM
    My perfect Q10 would be the one I have now, just a tad bigger and with a touch sensitive keyboard. I don't want the tool belt from the Classic and I don't want the size or three row keyboard from the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 05:50 PM