Hey everyone.

I know there are probably lots of threads like this already but I didn't know where this would sit and thought as it was linked to Q10 it'd be best here.

It's just a quick question really. I know that we're obviously getting the 'Classic' from BB sometime this year, but I've seen mumblings online of a BB Q30 or 'Windermere' as it's nicknamed, and wondered what the deal is with the true successor of the Q10.

Are we getting a Q30? Has that actually been confirmed or is it, at this point all conjecture?

Only reason I ask is because I'd love to see them build on the successes of the Q10, which is the device I currently own and love. I do wish the screen was a lot bigger though, and in the spec list that seems to be floating round the net, it appears the Q30 will have a much bigger screen, providing the list is accurate of course!

If anyone could just confirm what is happening (that we know of officially I mean), then I'd appreciate it! The Classic sounds great but I honestly don't think it's the handset for me so any news on a true Q10 successor would be fantastic!

Thanks
    05-27-14 06:10 PM
    Q30 is a mythical name made up from rumors and just so it could be referred to as something. Might be the real name, might not. As it stands there is no 'successor' in the way you want there to be. You have the Classic and whatever the Windemere may end up as. Neither of which simply take the Q10 and simply improve upon it.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-27-14 06:13 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up.

One will just have to dream then!
    05-27-14 06:59 PM
    I really hope we're all wrong. I don't want the classic with the track pad tool belt; I hope BlackBerry does make a successor to the Q10 with a very similar form factor. I don't think I would like the Windermere as it just looks like it would be so uncomfortable to hold and type on using two hands similarly to how I hold my Q10.

BlackBerry, please don't abandon those of us that love our Q10's and learned how to properly use them without the need of the tool belt; we want a proper Q30 style phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 08:46 PM