My friend's Q10 is stuck on the lock screen. Swiping is not doing anything. Pressing on the keys will wake it when the screen times out. Incoming messages still show up on the lock screen.

Rebooting doesn't help.

Anyone else have this issue and knows how to fix it?

Thanks
    04-06-17 11:56 AM
    Have you tried a hard reboot (equivalent of battery pull)? Hold + and - at the same time until you see the BlackBerry logo.

Also, try this key combo: U + Enter.
    04-06-17 01:03 PM
    Thanks, the U+Enter combo gets me to device password, which I can enter via the keyboard, which takes me to the next screen but taps & swipes are unresponsive. I can start typing with the pkb and get to device search but that's about it.

After a hard reboot, the screen is still unresponsive to swipes and taps

Has my friend somehow accidentally toggled off screen/gesture response? Or is it a hardware thing? Would an O/S wipe and reload help?
    04-06-17 02:29 PM
    I don't think there is any option to switch screen gesture off. I would still go with hard-reboot (Volume up and down key simultaneously until bb logo appears or pull out battery, wait 5 mins and put it back in). If it still doesn't fix itself, it is most likely to be a hardware issue.
    04-06-17 03:08 PM
    Doesn't help, I think it's a hardware issue too but I'll try an os reload tmrw as a last ditch effort
    04-06-17 08:11 PM
    Before I reload the OS, is there any way to export contacts (BB contacts) from a BB link backup file to an LG phone, or to a Google account?
    04-07-17 10:37 AM
    Sadly, that is highly unlikely since backup files are encrypted files.

You can however borrow someone else's BB10 phone. Back up their data first using Link. Restore yours and get out all info. you need from there. Lastly, restore theirs data and return phone.
    04-07-17 03:03 PM
    You'd have to get an app onto the phone that'd export the contacts into a CSV file or some format that other phone contact apps could read. But that would require the touchscreen, of course.

I wonder if you could get creative with Blend somehow? I haven't used it in awhile, but just a thought.

If you're considering a hardware fix, it's actually quite easy to swap components for the Q10. There's a great video on Youtube that goes over this.

Good luck!
    04-07-17 04:20 PM
    You can however borrow someone else's BB10 phone. Back up their data first using Link. Restore yours and get out all info. you need from there. Lastly, restore theirs data and return phone.
    I'd tried restoring my friend's back-up file to my Q10, however Link is asking me for his BB ID and BBID pw. Hopefully he remembers them, he's kind of old (older even than me) and he's been using BBs since the pager days but forgets to keep his IDs & pws offline somewhere. I'll keep you posted.
    04-08-17 10:47 AM
    I wonder if you could get creative with Blend somehow? I haven't used it in awhile, but just a thought.

If you're considering a hardware fix, it's actually quite easy to swap components for the Q10. There's a great video on Youtube that goes over this.
    I like the Blend idea but my friend never did install Blend, i suggested it once but he figured it was fluff that he didn't need. He's a bare-bones user: phone, email, Whatsapp & some texting, no superfluous apps. I don't think I have the ability to install Blend now if his screen gestures don't work.

So it seems like I'm down to two options: restoring his backup to my Q10 or phone surgery as you've suggested.
    04-08-17 10:59 AM
    It's pretty easy to open the Q10 up - I would check the connection from the touchscreen to motherboard first, full housings with screens are cheap and available.

There's a couple hidden screws under the plate of the keyboard. The plate has two small tabs and some double stick tape.
    04-08-17 02:15 PM
    Thanks for that info and encouragement.

I'll first focus on restoring my friends' backup file to my Q10 before opening up his Q10. Just need him to get me his BBID & BBID password.

After that, whether successful or not, we can open up his Q10 and check the connection. So if the connection is good then a screen replacement in order? Any idea where to get a screen if that's the case?
    04-08-17 02:55 PM
    I get all of my Q10 replacement parts on eBay in the US, but those have been hit or miss.

Thought there was a recommended store on this forum, I would try them first.

Here is an eBay example:
    Attached Thumbnails Q10 Stuck on Lock Screen-3782.jpg  
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-08-17 11:10 PM