Just wait for the classic, that is if you don't bother having a tool belt. Anyway, Q10 rrocks! Just wish I could upgrade to classic. If I only new.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    09-18-14 05:03 PM
    Rocking my Q10 for more than a year and half now and I never got any issue with it. No double typing, breakdowns or whatever issues people describe. I must be lucky by getting that flawless jewel last year. Anyway, hope I have the same luck with the Passport. In addition, I do treat my Q10 very well by cleaning it on a regular basis. No scratches, etc and my device still looks as new and I'm using it every day.

CB10 - Q10
    09-18-14 05:11 PM
    Man, this phone is still the best thing invented since sliced bread.

It doesnt have the coolest camera, it doesnt have the biggest battery, maybe it lacks some apps (which maybe you will not use ever)... but this phone is just too good to let pass.

A very underapreciated gem. For people like me who wants a phone first, then a media player/handheld console after, this phone just fits like a glove.

-It has the proper size a phone should have IMO. The phone is a commmunication device first and foremost. And this doesnt mean you cant enjoy media on it anyways, as long as you dont mind a smaller screen, and just use it to see whats going on and then later check it on a bigger screen.

-the keyboard experience is priceless. I have tried using fulltouche phones and it simply is not my thing. I will never be able to type at the speed im typing this message right now.

-the software is top notch and fast as hell. Most galaxy phones are slow as snails for some reason when I see them multitasking and what not, its like almost sad to see the difference.

-with moderate use (when I say moderate I dont mean using the phone nonstop since unplug) it will last you a whole day until you get home no problem. Most samsung phones are asking for mercy at 3 pm or so if unplugged in the early morning.

-the speakers are just too good. Seriously

If you dont mind having this type of screen, then go for it man. Seriously. Theres nothing more confortable than having a little workhorse machine with a keyboard in you pocket. Seriously.

I have never been happier with a phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 05:22 PM
    I had the Z10 for over a year and passed it on to my son. Have the Q10 with the 10.3.0.1154 leak. Love it. Smooth, android apps run fluidly, the keyboard is great to have and love the shortcuts. It is also nice to just be able to take photos without having to move your phone from landscape to portrait and vice versa.

Bought mine off Ebay, in mint condition for US$169, I believe. Speakers are fantastic and great call quality.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-19-14 07:13 AM
    I've had the Q10 for a few months now (Verizon) and very very happy with it. Only use a few apps (FB, Twitter, Delta, iHeartRadio, Yelp, TuneinRadio, Weather Channel/RadarScope, GasBuddy, Scanner Radio).

Love the keyboard (of course). As someone mentioned above speaker is very very loud.

Haven't looked back to my old Motorola Droid Pro - this new Q10 is so much faster than my ancient Droid Pro (another QWERTY device).
    09-19-14 01:41 PM
    I have the white Q10 and today saw a black one, brand new, for EUR 180. This was in a shop in Munich, Germany. If you happen to live nearby you might get it. Drop me a message and I will give you the address.

Or I will buy it myself as a Christmas present for my niece.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:03 PM
    I have the white Q10 and today saw a black one, brand new, for EUR 180. This was in a shop in Munich, Germany. If you happen to live nearby you might get it. Drop me a message and I will give you the address.

Or I will buy it myself as a Christmas present for my niece.

Posted via CB10
    Dang, I live near Berlin... Hope your niece enjoys it.
    09-19-14 05:35 PM
    Maybe if you want a $0 device. I think you're best off getting a Passport or Classic and just waiting a few weeks.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    09-19-14 08:04 PM
    Thank you for all your responses.

I'm planning to grab it in the next few months (or maybe even this week). I would really want to see what Classic brings to the table, maybe it'll be worth the wait. Had a chance to play with Q10 today (Cyberspot, since you're from Germany maybe you know the place ).
    They have it for 279EUR. That's the cheapest I've seem Q10 here. Kinda funny, when Q5 is selling for 216EUR at one of the B&M stores. Z10 is around 260EUR. My sister is very disappointed . She bought it when it still was 400+ EUR

On a side note, would it make sense to get a Q10 for the US. Customs wouldn't be a problem, but what about a warranty?
    Yes it was at Cyberport indeed. They usually have good prices and decent support once something goes wrong. They had the Z10 for ?195 not too long ago, as of now they striked it from their inventory list. Wanted to get one for my girlfriend, but I was too late

I am not sure if I would buy a foreign BB due to warrenty stuff. AFAIK for BlackBerry devices, your shop/carrier is responsible handling repair services with BlackBerry. So you might end up sending the unit back to Germany, they send it to BBRY, send the repaired unit back to Germany and Cyberport sends it back to you. I could be wrong though, around here you can only deal with BB via your shop.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-20-14 03:48 AM
    Why the Q10 is the Mercedes Benz of smart phones:

Designing the New BlackBerry Q10 (article)

I've had my Q10 for almost a year now, and I have not intention of replacing it with anything else (except maybe another Q10 if I lose it).
    09-20-14 06:44 AM
    Why the Q10 is the Mercedes Benz of smart phones:

Designing the New BlackBerry Q10 (article)

I've had my Q10 for almost a year now, and I have not intention of replacing it with anything else (except maybe another Q10 if I lose it).
    I have to the agree. The build quality of the Q10 is simply amazing.

Posted via Q10
    09-20-14 09:51 AM
    My q10 has accidentally goes to floor 4 times since I got it...now I understand why nothing happens to it. Didn't know that was stainless...impressed. Now I love even more my little white.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 11:28 AM
    What the title says. I've read a lot of good and bad things, so I want be asking for such feedback.
    My main concern is that it's a tad old now and I'm not sure how much longer it will be supported. I know there's 10.3.1-something coming out later this year, but what about after that?
    Main functions I need - calling (2G), messaging/email (no social crap, Wifi only), good battery life, Sudoku, a unit converter, alarm clock, and a dictionary (En, De, Ru). Maps and Durak (card game) would be a plus. Preferably all native applications and free .
    Basically I need a stable phone which could serve me for at least 2 years.

I know a couple of more BB devices come out in a few months, but I doubt I could afford any of those off contract for <300EUR. I know that I can buy an Android for such money, even less, but I've spent last 5 years using a bucketOS, and now I want something different. My sister has Z10, pretty neat device, but all this time using touch phones made me realize how I miss keyboard. So now I'm trying to figure out if jumping to Q10 would be worth it. And then there's that uncertain RIM future...
    You seem quite insecure and facing some serious concerns about getting yourself a Q10! However, I remember myself wondering about many of the things you have listed one year ago as well before I finally decided to make a step and ordered my Q10 from eBay.

I've never regretted the decision made back then and I am extremely satisfied with the phone. It does everything what you want a smartphone to do and even more. It has an amazing form factor, it is comfortable for typing and it looks sexy and expensive, especially the glass weave back cover! Its battery lasts one day on heavy use and two days on moderate to low use.

By now this phone has been almost one and a half years in service and I've never experienced a double typing issue. May be I am just lucky. And what you should really not worry about is the support. There is absolutely no sense and feasibility in statements about EOL and no more software updates for the first BB10 phones. First of all older phones will be still technically capable of supporting the updates as newer versions are better optimized and add additional features instead of eating up more resources (may be just insignificantly). Otherwise what would be the sense in making more powerful phones if the surplus would be eaten by higher software requirements? In addition to that, according to the rumours Classic is getting similar hardware as the Q10 has, therefore, Q10 should not have any problems of handling software updates from the hardware perspective. Also a recently revealed Porsche Design phone is basically an overhauled Q10, I do not think it will not get updates based on the EOL logics applied to Q10.

Last but not least, based on the management approach of John Chen I do not think that he will go for that and abandon support and software updates for the first BB10 phones as it would further discourage loyal customers which base has already shrunk significantly. Even though it might seem to be an attractive move from the perspective of generating additional revenue by forcing owners of the first BB10 phones to upgrade in order to be able to enjoy newer features, however the opportunity costs in terms of lost loyalty and caused dissatisfaction are just too high.

To sum up, I highly advice you to get a Q10 based on your requirements as with a high probability all of them will be satisfied, however, on the other hand I encourage you to wait until the Passport and the Classic is released. I expect the price at which you can get a Q10 to reduce even further as first of all there will be newer BB10 phones on the market which will make the Q10 look outdated (which is absolutely not true), but in addition to that prices might be dumped by increased supply of used Q10 from the users who decide to upgrade.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    loooking likes this.
    09-20-14 07:19 PM
    The Q10 is absolutely still worth getting.

I bought one about a month ago to replace a Nokia E71 which I had been using for 5 years. My impression of the Q10 is that it is built to last, maybe not as long as the legendary E71, but still for several years. The keyboard and OS are a joy to use and I have not missed the tool belt, indeed I would find it to be redundant and a waste of space.

I also think this is a great time to buy - for price reasons, and also because some of the early wrinkles have been ironed out.
    09-20-14 07:32 PM
    I would like to add what my fellow frnds have already mentioned. Q10 is an awesome device. U can consider coming from a BlackBerry fan but so does an IPHONE dude and an Android. I really did miss my keyboard in Curve but this is Grt phone to have. Device carries off really nicely and premium to the core. Touch wood haven't got a double typing issue till date although only 3 mnths old..

Posted via CB10
    loooking likes this.
    09-21-14 01:33 AM
    ... My main concern is that it's a tad old now and I'm not sure how much longer it will be supported. I know there's 10.3.1-something coming out later this year, but what about after that?

... Main functions I need - calling (2G), messaging/email (no social crap, Wifi only), good battery life, Sudoku, a unit converter, alarm clock, and a dictionary (En, De, Ru). Maps and Durak (card game) would be a plus. Preferably all native applications and free .
    Basically I need a stable phone which could serve me for at least 2 years ...
    Yes if you look at your requirements, you should not be worried for even a second about support/updates. The Q10 already has the best-in-the-world mobile browser and 4G. (I like the browser even better than my laptop's browser.) You can also set up Link on your computer for Remote Access of your files. I used it the other day. I took a PDF file with me on my Q10 and its media card. When I arrived at my destination, I realized that I had made a mistake in the document. The person I was meeting said she could fix the mistake if I had the original Word document with me. I didn't, but I used BlackBerry 10's best-in-the-world mobile File Manager to remotely access my laptop (which was at home), and I obtained the needed Word document. Corrections were made, and all was well. I don't call that old. I call that ahead of everybody else. BlackBerry 10 is the best, most modern and elegant operating system in the world, and the Q10 is of superior build quality.
    nick57 likes this.
    09-21-14 06:56 AM
    It is worth every penny, and the best looking(professional) phone out there!

Posted via my sexy Q10
    09-23-14 05:34 AM
    I m using Q10 for 2 mths fr Bold 9900. I like the keyboard. The screen is awesome. I am very satisfied when I am holding it, it is not light but very comfortable. Battery can last for 1 day use. I will consider the BlackBerry Passport next year. Waiting for the 10.3. I m from Malaysia.

Posted via CB10
    loooking likes this.
    09-23-14 08:36 AM
    I am a Q10 Addict!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 02:36 PM
44 12