I'm on 10.3.0.296.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 12:11 AM
    Main reasons I love my Q10.....

1. Size is perfect for my hands
    2. Physical kb is unbeatable
    3. Screen size is perfect for reading email, msgs and documents on the go
    4. I don't watch media on my phone
    5. Battery life is amazing. At least 25% left after being unplugged for 17hours
    6. Stealth appearance
    7. Speed of operation overall
    8. The whole phone feels premium

Please feel free to add more.

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    08-10-14 12:18 AM
    Q10. I wouldn't have it any other way. But it is a communication tool. PERIOD! Anything else is supplementary.
    08-10-14 02:22 AM
    I have a Z10, Q10, Note 2, S5. No matter what I tell myself I end up using the Q10. I think if the battery life on the Z was better if would like it more but right now can't beat the Q! Haven't had any double keying issues I have read about. Currently running stock 10.2.1.2977 with no issues.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 03:13 AM
    I use both a Note 3 for a primary sim, and the Q10 for a 2nd sim. I get the best of both worlds. Going back to a PKB on the Q10 last month was pure typing joy, after using a 9900 for a few months early last year.

These days, I do most of my email, sms, chat, on the Q10 instead of the Note 3. I mostly use the Note 3 for browsing and as a hotspot.

Battery life on the Q10 for moderate to heavy usage goes for up to two days for me. I still ordered the battery bundle, as I plan to hold on to the Q10 for many years, even if I end up getting the Passport.

And the exclusivity aspect - I've never seen a Q10 in the wild. Legacy BlackBerry handsets, yes from time to time. But the Q10 is a unicorn, and that makes it all the more desirable for me. Looking forward to adding the Passport to my arsenal...

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 03:15 AM
    Yes it is

Q10<<Z10<<9900<<9780<<8520
    08-10-14 03:16 AM
    Yes!!

Posted by Q10
    08-10-14 03:17 AM
    It's a nice device to have but ever since I've gotten it, I feel that the screen is too small for BlackBerry 10, icons, bars and that stuff should be smaller, at least a 10 or 20% on the Q10 because you lose a lot of space that could be very useful.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 03:18 AM
    YES -_- what kind of question is that hahah

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 03:46 AM
    If you do a Crackberry search for the Q10 battery life, you'll see that there are a lot of complaints about how the battery life on the Q10, went from unbelievable, to terrible.
    I don't know what the battery life is like on other BB10 phones, but the battery life on the Q10 used to be phenomenal when it was running on the 10.1 OS.
    From 8:00 am, my usage is heavy and including using the flashlight for as much as an hour, checking emails, some texting, some internet, generation of documents and over 40 phone calls, alarms for Calendar events, etc., by 5:00 pm I would still have almost 50% charge left on my battery..
    The problem was that 10.1 as an OS, was horrible...
    But with the 10.2.1 upgrade, the OS became great to use, but the battery life all of a sudden sucked.
    Now, if I have any frames open, esp. the browser, my battery life can be down to 15% in less than 2 hours.
    So many Q10 owners have complained about this issue, with people pointing to different apps (apps that I didn't have) as being the culprits, to others recommending that we wipe our phones and reinstall the OS (which I've done twice and it doesn't work.. with others reporting the same (non)result on that ubiquitous recommendation).
    The common denominator is that everyone has complained about the loss of battery life after updating to 10.2.1.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-q10-f272/my-blackberry-q10-updated-latest-version-drains-battery-even-when-phone-kept-idle-942303/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...solved-907765/
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 08-10-14 at 11:51 PM.
    Katika99 likes this.
    08-10-14 10:06 PM
    I just recently came back to BB. I've my Q10 about a month now. Love the OS. Just not loving the keyboard. Getting better with it. Battery life is phenomenal, I easily go 2 days between charges. But I am a light user. I turn off all battery hog apps + I shut it down at night.
    Good luck, Enjoy the Q10
    08-10-14 10:42 PM
    Went from blackberry z10 to iphone 5 to galaxy s5 to q10. Couldn't be happier. Did have to get used to the screen size, but phone is great. Can't beat the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 11:00 PM
    Screen size is the only drawback but once you get used to that it's golden! I went from BB10 and tried out Android with a Moto G and just couldn't get used to Android being all over the place. Back to the Q10 and I feel at home. Serious battery life (78% right now - Unplugged for 12 hours), amazing keyboard, fast performance, and BEAUTIFUL.
    I am only giving this up for the Passport.
    08-10-14 11:18 PM
    Awesome Guys,

As per the recommendation from all of you, I'll switch to Q10.

I'm excited to get one, what about the Call Quality and the Speaker (I have to use my phone as speakerphone for attending some call conferences)?

Posted via CB10
    I use the speakerphone most of the time so I can type at the same time as participating in calls. The mic is excellent, and the sound quality from the speakers is very clear. Only minor gripe, is that the volume on speakerphone is slightly less than on a 9900.

I hate typing on glass, so probably not the best person to give a comparison between a Z30 and a Q10 - but must point out that the Q10 has the best keyboard on a phone I've ever used
    08-10-14 11:37 PM
    Get the Q5. It's better than the Z10 and the Q10 and is much cheaper. The only downside is the 5MP camera (which is still pretty good)

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) and flyingsolid like this.
    08-11-14 12:25 AM
    i would say the q10 is the worst phone I've ever owned, and it is the phone that nearly finished me with BlackBerry. It is as well that they have some new ones coming out now, as I really don't want to move away from BlackBerry10 as it is the best OS. But the Q10? The primary USP is the keyboard. And its hopeless. I have never made so many errors typing, what with the infamous double type issue, and an autocorrect that is not fit for purpose. I have given up going back and correcting any errors I make with it now and if anyone says anything I say sorry I have a Q10. And many understand.

I have had an uneasy relationship with this phone since moving off my 9900, and although the OS has made leaps and bounds since hitting 10.2, the Q10 itself is quite frankly the worst phone I've ever owned.

I love qwerty phones, but BlackBerry have achieved the unimaginable - turned me way from them. I want an all touch next, but it will probably be the z30. The q10 makes my blood boil every time i try and type with it. This is not right.

And yes I did type this on a laptop. You can tell because i didn't say 'AAAAnd yyeees o diiid tip thiiiss in a laaaaaapttttop'
    08-11-14 07:13 AM
    Awesome Guys,

As per the recommendation from all of you, I'll switch to Q10.

I'm excited to get one, what about the Call Quality and the Speaker (I have to use my phone as speakerphone for attending some call conferences)?

Posted via CB10
    I would get a Z30 because of the numerous advantages of BlackBerry 10 that happen to align themselves with full touch devices. It is of course down to opinion, but you should consider your use case first. Nevertheless, if you have a Q10 already it would be a fantastic device also. Do give us a follow up on how the device feels.

Get the Q5. It's better than the Z10 and the Q10 and is much cheaper. The only downside is the 5MP camera (which is still pretty good)

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100%.
    08-11-14 08:48 AM
    Classic is the almost same as Q10 in specs and mostly it would cost less....you perhaps should try that

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 02:40 AM
    I like my Q10 more than my Z10. The battery life is better, and the build quality on the black one is better (the white Q10 is fine, but the battery door gets creaky after a while and the silver bezel is painted, so it scuffs really easily).

The Q10 is still great for me, and I've had it since June 2013 when it came out. I'm excited about the Passport, and the Classic is a ways off. The Q10 still looks great, it's got that classic BlackBerry style, and it will get 10.3 too. I just loaded the 10.2.2 leak and it runs so well. If my Q10 broke today, I'd buy another one even though the device launched a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 02:52 AM
    IMO, I have the Z10, Q10 & Z30... And my overall favorite is the Z30. It just does everything the other devices do a lot better!
    Better battery, better speakers, better typing experience due to the gestures, bigger screen, apps fit a lot better on the display compared to the Q10.

FYI: currently using my Q10, just practicing my typing to prepare for the Passport hehe

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    officially_juju likes this.
    08-13-14 03:49 AM
    Yes, I believe so, in my daily driver, my Q10 work very well, here is list for my daily application:

1. A lot of mail access
    2. CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 07:49 AM
    I have both an unlocked Q10 and an unlocked Z30. Absolutely love the Q. And until now had been my phone of choice with the Z30 as a weekender when I am more in the reading mode or playing games with the kids.

However, as of yesterday, the Q is dead in the water due to the double typing - just can not type anymore without numerous instances of double typing throughout the message. And unfortunately I am away for an extended trip and will miss the warranty period. Not an issue as I can replace myself, but am frustrated the supposed flagship had such an issue. All the more so given the iconic status of the BB physical keyboard.

I may even wait, put the Q in a drawer and see what the reviews of the classic, or hopefully the PD, are like after 90 days...
    08-13-14 08:09 AM
    I have the Q10. Love it, since updated to 10.2. Keyboard? well, just fantastic. Those with larger finger tips will find hitting the keys more precise than glass. And ... hot-keys for browsing web pages likely don't exist on all-touch screens:

I = zoom in
    O = zoom out
    P = page back
    B = scroll to bottom
    T = scroll to top
    Space key = page down
    Shift + Space key = page up
    R = enter Reader mode (works for most pages), which reformat article to screen width, and offers reverse colors (white text on black), smaller/larger font icons, and including some images but excluding the nuisance ads while reading articles. I recently learned this feature, and use it a lot now.

Less need to pinch inward or outward on the screen, or swiping the screen to navigate to top or bottom. Hit I or O to resize font quickly, or R for the highly useful Reader mode. Just great stuff. All-touch screen users don't know what they are missing, just brag about the big screen. Just click-click, rather than swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe

games? key your old device for games.
    08-13-14 02:14 PM
    Q10 is amazing butttt you have to know that screen will get smaller and which is a huge sacrifice for going for the q10 but the keyboard is a beastt and a buty

Via BlackBerry Q10
    08-13-14 02:16 PM
    i would say the q10 is the worst phone I've ever owned, and it is the phone that nearly finished me with BlackBerry. It is as well that they have some new ones coming out now, as I really don't want to move away from BlackBerry10 as it is the best OS. But the Q10? The primary USP is the keyboard. And its hopeless. I have never made so many errors typing, what with the infamous double type issue, and an autocorrect that is not fit for purpose. I have given up going back and correcting any errors I make with it now and if anyone says anything I say sorry I have a Q10. And many understand.

I have had an uneasy relationship with this phone since moving off my 9900, and although the OS has made leaps and bounds since hitting 10.2, the Q10 itself is quite frankly the worst phone I've ever owned.

I love qwerty phones, but BlackBerry have achieved the unimaginable - turned me way from them. I want an all touch next, but it will probably be the z30. The q10 makes my blood boil every time i try and type with it. This is not right.

And yes I did type this on a laptop. You can tell because i didn't say 'AAAAnd yyeees o diiid tip thiiiss in a laaaaaapttttop'
    Chill (:

Via BlackBerry Q10
    08-13-14 02:17 PM
68 123