Guys,
    Currently I'm having Z10(really very satisfied with this device ) BUT the battery life is very bad.
    Now I've decided to switch my device.
    I don't want to go for Z3.
    I don't know the status of BlackBerry Passport (but it has a big size albeit it is the device that one should have )
    Can anyone suggest me which one would be better between q10 and z30?
    Will q10 will get 10.3?
    Will I survive(on physical keyboard ) on q10 after using z10 for around 18 months?
    What is the performance of BlackBerry 10 on q10, battery life and durability ?

Posted via CB10
    syah iejam likes this.
    08-09-14 10:33 AM
    I can't advice because I've never tried a full screen, but I LOVE the keyboard on my Q10. I use it all day to text, email, surf, play games,etc and still have 50% after 12 hours. Yes the Q10 will get 10.3, I'm using a leak on it right now and it runs great.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:45 AM
    You'd probably find the Z30 an easier transition from a Z10, but if you want the physical keyboard, then go for it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:49 AM
    I'm using a Z10 till I can get my Q fixed. I broke the screen. Struggling to type on here. I will keep putting keyboards and what ever to keep the q10 alive. Didn't know how hard this would be to use.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 12:12 PM
    Hi,
    I too wanted to buy the Z30 but a good friend of mine adviced me to try the Q10 and I can't tell you the it's a great feeling typing on the Q10, the device it's self is great. I had the Note 2 and the screen felt too big for mem. Try the Q10 and the keypad short cuts. You will love it.
    Take care.
    robhenry24 likes this.
    08-09-14 12:20 PM
    Dude I had the z10 then switched to note 3 ...badly missed my blackberry so bought the z3 the day it was launched in my city. Sadly after using it I realised it's not as great as the z10(though it looks much better) and finally I got a Q10 and BINGO!!!
    This is the best phone ever...trust me it is the phone to have cos it's superfast, great build quality, portable and the presence of the legendary BlackBerry keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 01:15 PM
    The lack of screen space compared to z10 might be something you'd consider, hence z30 be better.

CB10 on the Q10
    08-09-14 01:20 PM
    Thanks All for your valuable suggestions.
    Actually some guys told me that OS 10 is not working properly on Q10.

One more question from my side is that the legendary keyboard (superb suggestions provided by keyboard ) works same as it works in Touch Devices?

I use two emails account, Facebook, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, BBM, half hour of internet browsing ,Full day Data connection on and Two Hours of calling (approximately ).

I still love Z10 but the problem is battery drain .

What about the build quality and durability of Q10?

Thanking you guys again for all the details that you have provided to me.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 01:23 PM
    The Z10 and it's battery issues. I used to swap batteries so often that the battery door just cracked from the top corner near the camera. But the Q is different. It feels much more robust and high-end. My bro has been usin it since a year and it still looks as good as new. Only issue is media and gaming I guess due to the screen size and aspect ratio. But being a BlackBerry guy I was never into them. I love this device and it's a must have cos I think it's the only BlackBerry 10 device that feels and looks like a BlackBerry !! I feel these devices share a resemblance with others :
    Z10 - iphone, Z30 - samsung and other android devices, Z3 - lumia and sony xperia cross, Q5 - dunno but definitely not BlackBerry. Completely personal view . no offence

Posted via CB10
    purplefish212 likes this.
    08-09-14 01:56 PM

One more question from my side is that the legendary keyboard (superb suggestions provided by keyboard ) works same as it works in Touch Devices?

I use two emails account, Facebook, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, BBM, half hour of internet browsing ,Full day Data connection on and Two Hours of calling (approximately ).

Posted via CB10
    I moved from the Z10 to the Q10 and love the Q10, The build quality is great so is durability!
    08-09-14 02:01 PM

Posted via CB10

If built quality and battery is your last concern, the Q10 has that covered. Built quality of the Q10 is top notch and the battery is excellent, easily last a full day.
    08-09-14 03:12 PM
    Hey another advantage of the Q is the glass on the screen...it's super glossy yet doesnt attract fingerprints. So you need not wipe your phone all day. LOL. The responsiveness is awesome and it's really fluid. I like the touch of Q10 tonnes better than the Z3 and Z10. (:

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 03:25 PM
    I switched from a z10 to a q10 about 2 weeks ago and I must say the q10 kills it. Battery life is amazing and the keyboard is just outta this world. The screen size is weird but you get used to it

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 03:25 PM
    Awesome Guys,

As per the recommendation from all of you, I'll switch to Q10.

I'm excited to get one, what about the Call Quality and the Speaker (I have to use my phone as speakerphone for attending some call conferences)?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 03:36 PM
    Cant say anything abt touchies coz I have never owned it and never want to....but My Q10 baby is blooody awesum and have never give up on the best feeling of typing and of course, on battery too....it surely will get 10.3.1 (A step more than 10.3) in around novemeber or later....u will never regret if u r ready to sacrifice a little screen space.. Else I would advice you to wait for classic, because that will give you the complete feel of keyboard with more screen size than Q10!!

Once ? BLACK ? never back !!
    08-09-14 03:55 PM
    Have no idea what those guys mean who told you that OS10 doesn't work right on the Q10. It is very smooth operating and solid. Like I said, even the 10.3.0.296 leak I'm running is fantastic. They're wrong

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 04:06 PM
    Guys,
    Currently I'm having Z10(really very satisfied with this device ) BUT the battery life is very bad.
    I don't know the status of BlackBerry Passport (but it has a big size albeit it is the device that one should have )
    Will q10 will get 10.3?
    Will I survive(on physical keyboard ) on q10 after using z10 for around 18 months?

Posted via CB10
    I have both the Z and the Q. Love them both. I like the Q a little better due to the keyboard, but unfortunately I broke the SIM card reader on the Q and now using my Z and dearly miss my Q. Was thinking about replacing the SIM reader, but I will hold out for the Classic or Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 04:08 PM
    Awesome Guys,

As per the recommendation from all of you, I'll switch to Q10.

I'm excited to get one, what about the Call Quality and the Speaker (I have to use my phone as speakerphone for attending some call conferences)?

Posted via CB10
    Call quality / speakerphone is absolutely perfect. That's how I primarily use my phone while on a call.
    08-09-14 04:14 PM
    Guys,
    Will q10 will get 10.3?

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you wait until november if you can? By then, the Passport will be out and hopefully the Classic as well. This will give you the possibility to evaluate more devices.
    08-09-14 04:15 PM
    I can't advice because I've never tried a full screen, but I LOVE the keyboard on my Q10. I use it all day to text, email, surf, play games,etc and still have 50% after 12 hours. Yes the Q10 will get 10.3, I'm using a leak on it right now and it runs great.

Posted via CB10
    What leak are you using? I tried the 10.3.796 but went back to 10.2.2.932

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 04:16 PM
    Would definitely not get a q10 with the classic coming so soon.

If you don't mind the severely cramped screen you'll be fine. I personally just use my z10 with a powerbank so I dont have to worry about the battery. You can get a small 2600mah one which is about the size of stick of lipstick, that would give you just over 1 full charge while still being compact enough to forget about in your pocket or bag.
    08-09-14 04:42 PM
    I own a Z10 before.. went to the Q as i really missed the keyboard.. first few weeks to maybe 2months max i was enjoying the keyboard.. then all of a sudden i realized i can give up the keyboard for more screen size.. since the BB10 virtual keyboard is amazing.. so i switched to a Z30 and have never regretted it.. but im waiting for passport as this basically combines the 2 best thing in the smartphone world.. Keyboard + Screen size!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 05:02 PM
    The Q10 is still a good device..I've had no complaints, and I keep coming back when I leave.
    08-09-14 08:47 PM
    I just switched from a Z10 I loved, to a Q10 this week. I am really loving it. The battery life was my largest grievance about the Z10 was the battery life, and the Q has much better battery life. The keyboard is also phenomenal. It feels good to go back to a physical qwerty. I'd say go Q10, just because I had such a good experience switching from the same phone you had.

Envoy� par mon Z10
    08-09-14 09:20 PM
    Yes, the Q10 is nice to have.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:37 PM
68 123