Out of curiosity, how appropriate or absurd it is for System and PIM service to be running more than 25% when it is not connected to Internet neither data service nor WiFi? I assume PIM services are only for syncing the mail, messages so why it should consume more? Same goes with system. Reason I am asking because it rebooted 3 times today and all these 3 times I could feel the heat on the backside of the phone. It works well for one day and then suddenly reboots. I have removed most of the apps and thought that I was done with but this phone keeps giving me shocks every now and then. Btw, can someone share the link for charger bundle.
    System and PIM have always work to do. If you don't use the phone at all, there is a good chance that these two takes "2 digits" value as you said. Remember it's a percent linked to the usage and battery consumption of all the other apps running. That's not your issue though, as we identified the high upload rate when you are on Wi-Fi. Again, that sounds like a DNS issue. I didn't get your answer about if you have also issues at work... If it's working well there, you can enforce the Google DNS at home (8.8.8.8 et 8.8.4.4).

After you clean the connectors with the pencil eraser, did you put back the additional piece of paper or plastic so the battery is firmly pushed to the phone's connector ?

You can find a charger bundle for around 14$ on Amazon. And of course, your battery may be bad because of the previous long sun exposure... Hey, what did you say about "shocks" ? You mean "electric shocks" or that you're just in awe ?
    Last edited by Joshu42; 10-30-15 at 02:19 PM.
    10-30-15 01:59 PM
    System and PIM have always work to do. If you don't use the phone at all, there is a good chance that these two takes "2 digits" value as you said. Remember it's a percent linked to the usage and battery consumption of all the other apps running. That's not your issue though, as we identified the high upload rate when you are on Wi-Fi. Again, that sounds like a DNS issue. I didn't get your answer about if you have also issues at work... If it's working well there, you can enforce the Google DNS at home (8.8.8.8 et 8.8.4.4).
    [QUOTE =RP]It works the same way in office as well. I am sporadically connecting to WiFi at office as compared to always connected (a month back or so) fearing for these reboots. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE =Joshu42]After you clean the connectors with the pencil eraser, did you put back the additional piece of paper or plastic so the battery is firmly pushed to the phone's connector ? [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE =RP]I did stuff a piece of paper for the snug fit.[/QUOTE]

You can find a charger bundle for around 14$ on Amazon. And of course, your battery may be bad because of the previous long sun exposure... Hey, what did you say about "shocks" ? You mean "electric shocks" or that you're just in awe ?
    Not quite "electrical shocks" but I'm just in awe rather sarcastically since it started rebooting :-).

Posted via CB10
    Joshu42 likes this.
    10-31-15 03:41 AM

After you clean the connectors with the pencil eraser, did you put back the additional piece of paper or plastic so the battery is firmly pushed to the phone's connector ?

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00BR1Q...UvbUpU12031682 is this what you are referring to Joshu42? Looks more like a power bank.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 05:44 AM
    is this what you are referring to Joshu42? Looks more like a power bank.
    That's it. It's a charger, with a Q10's battery, and a "Power Bank" feature too.
    10-31-15 04:33 PM
    That's it. It's a charger, with a Q10's battery, and a "Power Bank" feature too.
    Thanks Joshu42 :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 02:52 AM
    "sell by date product." Perhaps it would be wiser to do it!
    11-01-15 12:23 PM
    At this point I would run an autoloader and instal apps back slowly

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:43 PM
    "sell by date product." Perhaps it would be wiser to do it!
    Bought it for 27k and don't want to dispense it and burn a hole in pocket buying a new one :-(. It's an year and 4 month old Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:33 AM
    At this point I would run an autoloader and instal apps back slowly

Posted via CB10
    Tempted to do so. Feels like high time.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:34 AM
    Is there a way to figure out what the system was doing (culprit app) when the last reboot happened?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:36 AM
    Nope without the help of BlackBerry... Logs are encrypted.
    11-02-15 02:39 PM
    Nope without the help of BlackBerry... Logs are encrypted.
    Too bad :-(. I myself an embedded engineer would have loved to see what's causing these ill-timed reboots/hangs.
    Btw, this paper weight died on me today atleast 5 times within an hour :-(. Feels like pulling my hairs apart ;-( . I am looking for a cheaper Android option now.
    Q10 started behaving like a sell by date product-img_20151113_195208.png
    Q10 started behaving like a sell by date product-img_20151113_195223.png

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:26 AM
    "If your device is not acting correctly a OS reload may be indicated." The BB mantra!
    11-13-15 01:18 PM
    "If your device is not acting correctly a OS reload may be indicated." The BB mantra!
    I guess that's the right option.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 08:29 AM
89 ... 234