I went to call my doctor this morning and found that the Q10 was displaying the "firmware load" screen - it was just on charge, didn't try any updates or anything.

Have tried both the BB link and the web based firmware reload and all I cop is "an error occurred downloading software for your device". I've tried it on my primary system and tried it on another that doesn't have link installed (just using the web version), I currently have no phone and blackberry don't seem to let me get anywhere with firmware restoration.

I'm in Australia and this thing was purchased from the UK, is this now a throwaway or is it recoverable?
    10-18-13 06:42 PM
    If you have a Windows PC, download one of the leaked firmware auto loader files and see if it can revive your phone.

You can find these firmwares in the leaks forum.

Posted via CB10
    DavoCC likes this.
    10-18-13 07:42 PM
    thanks, I'm giving that a go now - I didn't want to go up to one of the non-official releases if I could avoid it though, am just trying the load now... Is this a common problem (the BB servers failing to download firmware)? It's as though the BB servers themselves are not sending the firmware file.
    10-18-13 07:46 PM
    Well that's worked it seems - it's at least operational again which is something that blackberry's own support infrastructure was completely unable to do. Thanks to this support on this forum (and forums like it) the phone is back up and running; BB's site just kept trying to send me around in circles with marketing drivel and survey requests, their update software failed miserably and there was precious little in terms of actual support beyond a very basic level (I felt like an iphone user).

I'm a BB n00b (this is my first BB device) and this is the first major incident I've had, the fact that I had to rely on a 3rd party forum and a firmware downloaded from Depositfiles.com really irks me; BB really need to dump the flash'n'dash and get back to providing things like downloadable firmware that's findable and the kind of resolution path that is currently only available from communities like this one; I wonder if they really realise how lost people are without this kind of support forum and the good people in it....
    10-18-13 08:06 PM