I woke up today morning and recognized a dead device beside my bed... Wife said it had sounded sg and when she saw it asked a code... a SIM PIN code...

Morning it was absolutely dead and showed a red batt icon when I powered up. I recharged - 2 HRS - and when get a green indicator I powered it on.

Deviceagent:

Q10/SQN100-3 battery drain-q10.jpg

Like I made a crazy night calling over the world thorough hours... ... this is crazy ... I slept over the night...

I had before a Z10 with battery problems and I dont want to get it again, I would like a trustful device

Has anyone thsi problem before, what can I do? Now I try to backup the Q10 and reload the SW...
    01-09-15 02:19 AM
    I woke up today morning and recognized a dead device beside my bed... Wife said it had sounded sg and when she saw it asked a code... a SIM PIN code...

Morning it was absolutely dead and showed a red batt icon when I powered up. I recharged - 2 HRS - and when get a green indicator I powered it on.

Deviceagent:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q10.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	326203

Like I made a crazy night calling over the world thorough hours... ... this is crazy ... I slept over the night...

I had before a Z10 with battery problems and I dont want to get it again, I would like a trustful device

Has anyone thsi problem before, what can I do? Now I try to backup the Q10 and reload the SW...
    Immediately I notice BBM is having some trouble there. Have you done anything recently with BBM?
    bigsee likes this.
    01-09-15 08:45 AM
    Immediately I notice BBM is having some trouble there. Have you done anything recently with BBM?
    Woah, thanks, I forget to analyze the saved picture I had to go work Now I see but never used it (okey, last year with my Z10 - everyone in my environment has other platform OMG)...

Skynet woke up!

I quickly had to find a solution therefore I made a sw restore by Link the BBM now has only 0,2 %. Tomorrow will I make a research to investigate what could it be
    01-09-15 12:33 PM
    There is a known issue with BBM, linked with the emoticon embedded Store. Does it happens when your phone is connected to Wi-Fi and did you enable ads block on your access point ?

Another culprit can be another app that uses BBM. Check your permissions in Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions under Connect to BBM, deny them all.
    mushroom_daddy and bigsee like this.
    01-09-15 01:35 PM
    There is a known issue with BBM, linked with the emoticon embedded Store. Does it happens when your phone is connected to Wi-Fi and did you enable ads block on your access point ?

Another culprit can be another app that uses BBM. Check your permissions in Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions under Connect to BBM, deny them all.
    There was no WIFI (nor Data) enabled at night when it happened. I had Whatsapp (daily), Evernote(weekly), RSS Savvy(daily), ProduktyfProject (Beta= possible! once-twice), PWD keeper(weekly). Nothing serious...

I don't know the ads block at AP, what is it?
    01-10-15 03:54 AM
    In your Device Monitor, tap BBM for further analysis and post the screenshots of each graph. With a so high drain, it must be the network.

The issue I spoke of is well explained in the forum, but the thread is hard to find. The Store section of BBM tries to contact an outside server to save customer metrics/analytics. The IP address of this server is often blacklisted in Ads Block list. So the server cannot be contacted. But BBM tries and tries again anyway. If it's the case for you, you will see a high data usage for BBM during your issue (Wi-Fi and/or Mobile).

Did you also check your permissions ?
    01-10-15 05:56 AM
    No, I didn't! I had to go work and I needed a working communication device to the night

I didn't follow a BB world for few (8) months therefore I have to read all happenings.

Thanks for the help!
    01-10-15 10:53 AM
    Happened again after the HR and soft reload... At 20 % I noticed the problem and had to charge up to get a working mobile device. On BBM Support forum got an advice: disable the BBM over the Parental Controls. Testing for a week.

To be continued...
    01-15-15 10:27 AM