One thing I love about my iphone is listening to music on without headphones. I feel the sound quality is pretty awesome.

Is this the case for the Q10 (or even the Z10)?

I understand that most people here will say "I don't use it as a toy, it's for work" and other stupid things. However, I use my phone for many purposes, including my corporate job. Basically, this is important to me. I am looking for a new phone to help me organize my life and a BB would be perfect for that, but I am weighing my options because my phone is such an important tool to most aspects of my life.
    04-15-13 02:55 PM
    i too do this with my phone as well. IM not sure about the Q10 yet but i know the z10 is on par actually a little louder than the iphone 4/4s/5 (i have done a test) actually that being said i was a little disappointed in the z10 even tho it performed better than the iphones, just because i found the bold 9900 to be super loud in this sitution. Hopefully the Q10 is on par with the Z10 or better how this helps and hope you play for #teamblackberry soon
    04-15-13 03:14 PM
    I can't really compare the stereo speaker quality to that of the iPhone, but I can say when I'm at my desk and I feel like listening to the radio, the speaker works very well. I find the sound quality on the Z10 to be very good.

~TheRealFixxxer
    blakobecwa likes this.
    04-15-13 03:17 PM
    I can also confirm that the Z10 has an amazing speaker for listening to music and whatever else.

Its very loud and the quality is awesome!
    04-15-13 03:23 PM
    The Z10 speaker is very clear....but I would have liked to have had it a bit louder. BBRY still hasn't produced a phone that has matched the speakers on the BB 9000
    DocDRM likes this.
    04-15-13 03:59 PM
    I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully verizon will allow the Q10 to be upgraded and paid off over time, after April 21st .
    04-15-13 04:06 PM
    I am a professional sound engineer. The blackberry Bold had an amazing sound and it was truly stereo (It had a left signal speaker and a right signal speaker.) this made reverb and other special effects shine.

All iPhone models (i have had em all) are just mono (and my MacBook Air, much to my horror) so the left and right signal is combined to one speaker. Therefore -they don't have the spatial "glory" that true stereo speakers can give.

I will fall to my knees in joy if the q10 has stereo speakers but I am not holding my breath. The Bold was the best "shower music" device ever. It sounded amazing. IMHO.
    04-16-13 04:21 AM
    From a Q10 spec sheet

MULTIMEDIA
    Music player:
    Filter by:
    Album, Artist, Playlists
    Features:
    Album art cover, Background playback
    Speakers:
    Earpiece, Loudspeaker

Boo! That's says "loudspeaker" (singular) oh well.
    04-16-13 11:08 AM
    I thought the Z10 speaker was amazing until I heard the speaker on the s4, now I'm jealous and I hope the q10 is better because I'm switching to that in a few weeks lol

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:30 PM
    Odd I always found that the speakers on the 9900 to be horrible

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    04-16-13 01:30 PM
    Odd I always found that the speakers on the 9900 to be horrible

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    9000=/=9900
    04-16-13 02:13 PM
    I can also confirm that the Z10 has an amazing speaker for listening to music and whatever else.

Its very loud and the quality is awesome!
    I own the Z10, and previously owned the iPhone 5 for 6mths, iPhone 4S for 10months, iPhone 4 for 5months and 3GS for 3mths. I can tell you the volume, clarity, and even having deeper mids is a hell of a lot better on the Z10 than on any of those iPhones mentioned.

I personally try to avoid listing to the speaker for music playback on any phone but I have tested over several genres (Progressive, Minimal, Tech, Rock both classic and 80's, R&B/Soul, and Groove).
    04-16-13 05:54 PM
    The Z10 speaker is very clear....but I would have liked to have had it a bit louder. BBRY still hasn't produced a phone that has matched the speakers on the BB 9000
    AMEN! Bold 9000 with the "pseudo - stereo" was awesome. Nothing before or since has compared in my book.

Z10 clear, yes, could be louder (concur with almost all comments so far, incl. 9900 is louder)
    04-16-13 06:16 PM
    I haven't seen a Q10 as of yet, but i imagine it will have a greater quality speaker. But the Z10 is very loud and louder then the iphone 5 i had.
    04-16-13 06:21 PM
    I am a professional sound engineer. The blackberry Bold had an amazing sound and it was truly stereo (It had a left signal speaker and a right signal speaker.) this made reverb and other special effects shine.

All iPhone models (i have had em all) are just mono (and my MacBook Air, much to my horror) so the left and right signal is combined to one speaker. Therefore -they don't have the spatial "glory" that true stereo speakers can give.

I will fall to my knees in joy if the q10 has stereo speakers but I am not holding my breath. The Bold was the best "shower music" device ever. It sounded amazing. IMHO.
    Casper - if you are talking the "OG" Bold 9000, it wasn't 2 speakers, it was a left/right "ported" output from a single speaker, right? Can't recall the name BB gave that, but I always thought it was 2 speakers until almost a year after retiring it for the 9900 and discussing speakers/sound quality here on CB and someone pointed it out. I went and opened up my 9000 and sure enough, there were the "tubes"

Bold 9000 Speaker Love

Search CB for "9000 bold stereo speaker" and you'll see all the love, and misplaced belief that there were 2 speakers, then look at this link for the truth on how they did it:

9000 Stereo Speakers??? (not the thread title)

Think there were one or two other old threads on the same topic . . . .
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-16-13 06:32 PM